Author Topic: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)  (Read 53009 times)

Matt_

• Donator
Re: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:10 PM »
rub the string over a dry bar of soap.

or rub the string under a dry pair of shoes (whilst wearing them).

seán_

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2006, 12:12:03 AM »
I'm on the damp string lather the soap and string in my hand trip personally.
Not Ideal if you need an emergancy string but babaches excellant engineering means I have six sets of extreme tips so I tend to have a few spare strings waiting.

fredo

« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
btw, what do you think is better for vertax, the TK2 of akrobat or jürgen's (JC's) ultra-leicht-kit?

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2006, 11:02:01 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Circus Tuning kits that Passe Passe are advertising HERE?

We're thinking about doing an order with them, and I think I'd like to get some new hubs now.  Since Passe Passe are stocking a range, I wondered if anyone recognised any of them (apart from the Henrys own set).  Without any better pictures of the kits, I can't tell if the hubs are normal size, giant size or what.  I do not want the giant ones, all-rounds or normal size would be nice.

So if anyone has any proof about them, please share.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Christopher

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2006, 12:00:55 PM »
they might be tuning kits from akrobat i guess, but i'm not sure cause i only use the ones henrys produce.

fredo

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2006, 12:21:27 PM »
Akrobats!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2006, 01:09:56 PM »
I believe Akrobat makes regular and wide hubs both with light and super-light bolts and washers. In the Passe Passe shop I see all four of these.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2006, 09:54:57 PM »
Oh right, if they're Akrobat axles, then I guess that's all ok.  Think I might save some money and go for the TK1 kits.  I'll do a bit of research I think.

Chiok

fredo

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2006, 10:48:52 PM »
Get the TK2! All Advantages of a wide axle combined with the feeling of a normal one! Definitely one of the best axle!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
Advantages of a wide axle?  Isn't it just wider hubs?  And how is it different from the TK1, just not as heavy?  Which is fine, I don't want a huge reduction in weight, just a bit would be nice.  Still not sure, the saving is tempting...

Chiok

fredo

« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:46 PM »
Wider hubs of course, sry!

Believe me, the TK2 is perfect! If you want it a bit heavier, go for the TK1.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2006, 01:07:50 AM »
Which is fine, I don't want a huge reduction in weight, just a bit would be nice.

Once you go light, you never go back. That's the only reason I don't use my Circuses much anymore, with the stock Henry's plastic kit they are just too damned heavy.

It will probably be a huge shock when you go from heavy metal hubs (heh, heavy metal) to light plastic, but you'll get used to it, and in a pleasant way (your arms aren't gonna be as sore after those 2D sessions). You can't fool me Chiok, I saw your Diabolo.ca sweatshirt pic, you're just as scrawny as me. Maybe someone with Jason Garfield arms can stand to use heavy props, not me...

Keep in mind also the proportional weight of the diabolo. If you take weight away from the center (hubs, etc) you increase the outside to inside weight ratio, thus making it more stable and longer spinning.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2006, 02:05:41 PM »
See, now Fredo, you say it's wider hubs, but the Passe Passe sight state that both the TK1 and TK2 sets have the same width hubs, but the TK2 set has more weight saving in the form of a thinner axle and plastic washers.

@Matt - Well, boo to you.  I know taking more weight from the centre is the best solution, but also, the TK2 costs more, which if you know me matters alot.  But the TK2 costs the same as the TK3 without the extra width and then there's Henrys own.  It's just, for the price of 3 TK2/3/Henrys, I could get 4.5 TK1 kits.

Grr, the complications of tight-fistedness.  Cheers for the help though, and I like the weight, it's more my style.

Chiok

fredo

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2006, 04:44:20 PM »
See, now Fredo, you say it's wider hubs, but the Passe Passe sight state that both the TK1 and TK2 sets have the same width hubs, but the TK2 set has more weight saving in the form of a thinner axle and plastic washers.
that's what I said! Now you got it anyway...
still the table to make it clear for all:

DTK1    +12 mm    -14g
DTK2    +12 mm    -35g
DTK2A   -       -44g
DTK3     -        -20g

The DTK2 is the one I prefer and recommend.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2006, 08:09:45 PM »
See this is a main reason I use the Finesses. Out of the box they are perfect. None of this tweaking needed like Henry's.

Although one day when I get some extra money I'd like to try out these TK kits...

martijn

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »
Oh come on, you only REALLY need the teflon hubs, the rest is just the same as how you can modify the Finesse with it's limited selection of kits. If Henry's started making the Circus standard with the teflon hubs, it would beat the Finesse even harder, for you lazy people ;)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2006, 01:17:57 AM »
Well I'm still amazed that Circus still ships with metal hubs. It just boggles the mind.

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »
hey guys, i saw these teflon hubs on here--(http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/extended_axle_kit_circus_.html#aBF_2fpomhubs)

Does anyone know any US vendor that has these exact ones? I would like to buy some.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »
i dont really know where to post this. Today i discovered a quite large crack in one of my teflon hubs. And they are only about 7 weeks old. Does this happen often??

EDIT: took them off my circus, and the damage is worse than i expected  :-\

''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

martijn

« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2007, 06:56:02 PM »
Woah, that looks serious, I've never seen that before. Maybe it was a flawed batch... I'd say go back to the store you bought 'em.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal