Author Topic: vertax - help  (Read 9681 times)

seán_

Re: vertax - help
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 04:50:13 AM »
::enter offtopic
(Ryo Yabe was using diabigs/yoho's with silver deco tape inside the cups. I*think* he has changed the washers in those for circus washers - he now uses (and designs) Fly diabolos) 
::exit offtopic

nev

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 10:02:43 AM »
I'm pretty certain he uses wide axle fly's in that video (with the fixed axle) with the metal holographic washers and silver tape.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

pychosang

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 04:43:17 AM »
No and no. Do you need to turn around in normal diaboloing? no, because you have perfect control over that. Same goes for excalibur. And the best diabolo for excalibur is a Fly.

I have a sundia fly and am wondering how to keep it spinning after its vertical but lately I've had problems just getting it vertical

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »

I have a sundia fly and am wondering how to keep it spinning after its vertical but lately I've had problems just getting it vertical

Sean's basic Excalibur tutorial should get you on your way.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 10:54:21 AM »
you'll always have to turn while on excalibur even with a finesse or with a circus.

btw, finesse sucks for excalibur, the best diabolos for excalibur are yohos or circuses with allround axles.

Why do alot of people say this? I have a finesse and I can get it completley vertical no problems at all. Even with or withouth a lightkit.. Its a wide axle also.. And btw I don't really like vertax with a fly diabolo.. I dunno suns are really alot easier thought but I prefer a fixed..

JimmyCords.

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
For myself, I find finesses are too narrow and touchy for vertax. At least thats the excuse I use for sucking at vertax. Waiting till I get a decent wide axled diabolo to really get into vertax.
Say Whaaaat?

mykill

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 09:39:08 PM »
using Taibolos here.... and i got vertax on my first try.
if your doing everything your doing the only reason your vertax doesn't work is your chinese whip. if your doing a bad job of it vertax will mess up. i was just at a chinese cultural camp (they teach yoyo cuz it originated from taiwan) and the chinese whip was the biggest problem for people trying to vertax. the yoyo did exactly what you described...
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »
No and no. Do you need to turn around in normal diaboloing? no, because you have perfect control over that. Same goes for excalibur. And the best diabolo for excalibur is a Fly.

Do you mean a bearing Fly? If so.. Meh I don't like it because things in vertax gets to easy.. Yea that should be good! But I don't like it :P But hey thats my opinion!

-Ramon

GuiZ

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »
Bearing axle is a Cheat Diabolo...it appears you don't know, you can't do tricks with a fixed axle...but it'd be funny doing a 1 min. UFO grind  ;D
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

Aaron Z

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 03:20:00 AM »
Bearing axle is a Cheat Diabolo...

Oh, shaddup.  >:(

There are so many threads that have the argument about whether Bearing diabolos are cheating or not, and the answer is a resounding 'NO'.

Just because they spin for longer, and faster, doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to perform the same trick.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal