Author Topic: Yabes around the body excalibur?  (Read 2867 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Yabes around the body excalibur?
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
I learnt how to do this trick (with the pingpongs) just last week from watching the workshop vid (thanks to all the nice people who tried to help me with bittorrent).

Now I have some questions about it:

In the video, I think it was said how to get into it either by correcting or wrapping. How do you get into it by wrapping?

Do you really need the normal between the leg hop to do it vertical? I can almost do it vertical, but I am not even close to it horizontal. Does having between the legs horizontal really help that much?

I´ve seen another japanese guy do a similar around the neck excalibur (in a normal excalibur). Does anyone know if it´s possible to combine these two?
The spin is opposite, but if someone is good with this trick, maybe you know how?

Does anyone know how to exit it in a nice way? I try to move my legs over it, but that´s really difficult and also it doesn´t look very nice.

I realize there are a lot of questions, but I am grateful for any tips.

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »
i don't know alot about getting into around the body yabe style (always seemed abit pointless) but i do manage around the body from vertax.
...if you just exit your vertax acceleration what ever that may be and put both the sticks in your left hand the diabolo swings round behind you. reach behind you back and grab a stick again. as long as you are slow when you pop the diabolo off your right side it won't wrap up on the stick (and it helps to turn right constantly).    i think this way is easier just because when you want to stop you can just bring it slowly up and over your head or just duck out and hope for the best.

thats an easier way of around the body vertax

back to the point. surely if you start going into yabe style around the body with the diabolo spinning in the opposite direction to normal (reverse all your directions as well) then when you get almost into it you can just ping-pong to the other direction and genocide out. can't you?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »
back to the point. surely if you start going into yabe style around the body with the diabolo spinning in the opposite direction to normal (reverse all your directions as well) then when you get almost into it you can just ping-pong to the other direction and genocide out. can't you?

That sounds like a truly good idea, and also truly difficult :shock:

Doesn´t it mean that you would have to do a righthanded genocide passing the stick to the left against the spin though?

The other stuff you wrote me sounds good to. I´ll try it out today.
Thank you for the tips :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal