Author Topic: continuous mini-g's  (Read 14075 times)

Felix

continuous mini-g's
« on: August 10, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »
Hi,

I saw the video of seán_ (http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3200.0) and I thougt: "Wow, how does this gread trick work?". So I went out and tried it, but I didn't get it.

Well, now my question:
How can I swing my stick around the Diabolo, like seán_ did it? Is there an tuturial? What's the name of this trick?

Felix

Matt D

Re: How does this Trick work, and what's its name?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »
Which trick are you talking about? Give some seconds as to when in the video it is.

Felix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
I mean the trick 60 seconds after the video starts

Rob_

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
but 60 seconds after the vid starts, thats not sean  :-\ thats tom  :D

Matt D

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:41:11 PM »
If you are talking about the continuous mini-g's then how I do them is I put it on a darkside, wrap the diabolo, and let go of the right stick. Then just catch the stick and stop. Once you are good at that try to do it from a left hand darkside. THis time drop the left stick and as it is unwrapping switch the right stick to the left hand. Once you can do that then as you catch the stick drop the other one and switch hands. And keep doing that. If you mean the overcide then I think the easiest way to do a basic on of those is to do a normal suicide but catch the string. Wrap it around the diabolo and recatch it while it is wrapped. Then rethrow the stick so that it is swinging in the other direction, as it comes off pop the diabolo up and catcfh it with the string.

Felix

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »
but 60 seconds after the vid starts, thats not sean  :-\ thats tom  :D
Oh, sorry, I didn't know  ;D

Thanks at Matt D. I will try it, and you'll hear when something doesn't work  ;)

Felix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »
I have a problem. I searched in the forum and in a dictionary, but I didn't find out. What exactly do you mean with "darkside"?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »
"darkside" = backside of the string

obvious, no? ;)

Felix

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 09:19:02 PM »
"darkside" = backside of the string

obvious, no? ;)
yeha, ok! Thanks! I thougt it, but the trick doesn't work till yet, and I want to be 100% sure ;)

Felix

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
I have another problem  :-[   When I let the right stick go, the diabolo and the stick fall on the floor. I tryed it in diffrent speed levels, but when it's very fast the string furl, when it's very slow the stick falls.
What do I have to change, so that the trick works?

Nahxela

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »
When I let the right stick go, the diabolo and the stick fall on the floor.

What do I have to change, so that the trick works?
I'm guessing that you're not pulling hard enough when doing a mini-genocide, so that's why the stick and your diabolo go *plop*

You need to do more than just let the stick go ;), give it a bit of a tug and swing to get the diabolo to jump up enough to get caught on the string again.

Here's a continuous mini-geno's tutorial that Tim Ellis created
[youtube=425,350]bXfb7Pk3B1U
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Felix

Re: continuous mini-g's
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »
Sorry, that I answer so late, but I was on holiday  ;D
@ nahxela: Thank's for the video. I locked it and it seems to answer some of my questions.

I will try the trick and you will hear if it works  ;)

Felix

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 04:40:35 PM »
Yeha! The trick works!  ;D ;D ;D

I can do it one time. When I try to do it more times serial, the stick get faster and faster and the string wrap around the Diabolo very often before it falls on the floor. I think my string is to long. It is as long as it was, when I bought it (226 cm / 7.4 foot). How long should it be and how long is your string respectivly?

Rob_

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 05:34:22 PM »
you use a 7.4ft string?!  :o

mines 5"2 and i still think its long

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 05:42:43 PM »
wow...7.4 feet string, that is long. usually what is good is you measure the string from the ground to your chin to mouth area. or you can measure arm length wise.

Felix

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 06:17:50 PM »
Do you mean with or without the sticks? My string with sticks (the string goes thru the sticks) is 226cm / 7.4 foot. Every stick is 41cm / 1.35 foot long. So the string between the sticks is 144 cm /  4.7 foot long.
I myself am 180 cm / 5.9 foot big. So the string without sticks don't goes to my chin. :-\

Rob_

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »
ahh thats better =) thought you werent including sticks =P i was like  :o wtf?!  :P

Felix

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 10:01:33 AM »
So I have to meansure the string without the sticks ;D Then my stringlengh is OK  :)
I will try the trick without changeing the lengh...

Felix

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »
OK, the trick works now  ;D (for all, who don't belive me: here's a video http://felix.weidinger.net/diabolo/g.avi (sorry for the sound in the backround))

So tell me, what is the best step to do next? ??? I will learn to throw one stick away and catch the other.

Niclas 2

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 03:11:23 PM »
It is not continuous mini gonocide but it is infinite suicide.
My new account. I forgot my password to the old.
My old user name was Niclas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal