Author Topic: continuous mini-g's  (Read 14377 times)

Felix

Re: continuous mini-g's
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »
Oh, sorry, I'm not familiar with all the diffrent names yet. So I will lern the right mini-g now!  ;D

Niclas 2

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 03:52:15 PM »
Okey. Good luck with the right trick ;D
My new account. I forgot my password to the old.
My old user name was Niclas.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 07:39:43 PM »
when i try continuous mini-g's (like in short and long) when i throw the left stick to do the second mini gen the stick goes onto the wrong side of the string and wraps up. when i usualy do a mini gen i have a left wrap on the string but after i have thrown the left stick i have a right wrap and so it gets tangled. is this because when you go to do the second genocide you have to hold your right hand forward and get the stick to go behind the string, or when you do the genocide do you have to somehow make it wrap at a different angle so that it has a left wrap?

does that make any sense???

nev

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 12:22:43 AM »
when i try continuous mini-g's (like in short and long) when i throw the left stick to do the second mini gen the stick goes onto the wrong side of the string and wraps up. when i usualy do a mini gen i have a left wrap on the string but after i have thrown the left stick i have a right wrap and so it gets tangled. is this because when you go to do the second genocide you have to hold your right hand forward and get the stick to go behind the string, or when you do the genocide do you have to somehow make it wrap at a different angle so that it has a left wrap?

does that make any sense???
Sure it makes sense - to do it like G_Tom in short & long you need to do a normal mini-g to end in a left wrap (stick swings outside) - on the next one you need to release it with the right hand forwards (stick swings inside to release) then continue this motion for the rest.  Tom makes it look easy - it is not - good luck.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Felix

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 01:44:10 PM »
I found this animation on diabolotricks.com (but it is a genocide not a continuous genocide?!?!)

When I try the trick, the diabolo falls on the floor instead of flying.

seán_

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 02:13:05 PM »
Yup Felix the right amount of power and a release at the right point.

Check out the genocide/mini gen thread for further help http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=64
(hint, hint, everyone please don't let this thread head too far away from cont mini-g's)

Felix

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
OK, sorry seán_ . It took a while until I understand what I have to do. At the beginning I thought the mini genocide is a variation of the infinite suicide  :o  but (thanks to Niclas 2) I'm now cleverer in this way...  ;)

I found a good video that answers a lot of questions to me:
[youtube=425,350]wVDi8Kpz8zc

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 01:58:49 AM »
Ok, since I read through this and found nobody with my problem, I'll just ask!

I can do a mini-gen out of a left wrap perfectly, the second round I always mess up, and I can't do it out of a right wrap either, I know what I'm doing wrong but when I try to adjust the way I let go of the stick it feels weird and flies slow...
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Jugglingforlife

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
yeah I have exacly the same problem doing this trick...well I think you have to do the genocide so that you end up in the wrap you can release it...sometimes it works. I can only do it with the right backwrap. But to get this out of a genocide is very difficult. I think because normally when you start with a right backwrap you end up with a left backwrap( right frontwrap). To get the same wrap at the start the string ,which is flying, has to get behind the string ,which is not flying, just after the moment it hits the diabolo. Hope you understood what I ment!. I'm working on it.:)
Kevin

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
Hey I'm having a problem currently..

If you are in a left backwrap and you release your left stick and you catch the right stick. Then the diabolo should fall off right? Wich allows you to do a mini genocoide.. But how come the diabolo never falls of with me?

Or if I do the normal continous wrapped mini gen. The string always passes the diabolo on the wrong side! What am I doiong wrong then in the movement?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal