Author Topic: which diabolo should i get?  (Read 4602 times)

which diabolo should i get?
« on: August 12, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »
hi,

I know 2 diabolos pretty well and I want to start learning 3 diabolo. Right now, i have chinese yoyo's. I was looking at http://www.jugglingstore.com for diabolos. I read the other threads about diabolos and I was wondering which type would be better for 2-3 diabolos.

The Finesse or the Circus?

martijn

Re: which diabolo should i get?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »
Circus, most definitely.

Ilias

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »
I agree with Martijn

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:59 PM »
there are more diabolo brands than just MB and Henrys ;P

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

TomerB

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »
Circus

Ilias

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:59:48 PM »
there are more diabolo brands than just MB and Henrys ;P
Yea, but I guess those two are simply the best diabolos.. I still vote for circus :)

Matt D

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
Giant circus or Circus with extended axle, or at least get the lighter hubs.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 08:54:24 PM »
I thought Flys and Taibolos were getting popular?  Well circus diabolos don't really make all that much of a difference in learning 3 diabolos from finesse.  Just get a quality diabolo that is well balanced and doesn't suck.

Josh

Nahxela

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:07:45 PM »
I thought Flys and Taibolos were getting popular?  Well circus diabolos don't really make all that much of a difference in learning 3 diabolos from finesse.  Just get a quality diabolo that is well balanced and doesn't suck.

Josh
I certainly love how shiny the Taibolos are :)...
Except they make other things colorful when they hit other surfaces :-\

Anyways, I have to agree with Josh how any well balanced diabolo will serve fit.
But I think the circuses are better overall  ;D
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

martijn

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »
I only answered his 'Finesse or Circus' dilemma. I haven't tried the Taibolo's nor played with the Fly's long enough to recommend one of those over a Circus. You can't go wrong with the Henry's Circus.

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 10:49:18 PM »
alright thanks guys. I have used flys, but i personaly dont like them for 2D or more because it doesn't have the same feeling as non-bearing-axle diabolos.

actually, i might get this taibolo shipped to me. http://diabolo-at.com/images/Special.jpg
doesn't it look similar to the circus?
tiabolo
Weight: ~265g±10g
Diameter × Length : 130mm × 145mm
circus
Weight: 10.6 ounces (300 g)
Length: 5.5 Inch (140 mm)
Diameter: 5.1 Inch (130 mm)

its just 5mm longer and 35 grams less. it seems pretty good to me and i have other chinese yoyo's from this company and they're not bad. its just their european style diabolo made by a taiwanese company.

they're 800 taiwanese dollars, which is about $25 USD..good deal ehh?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 12:04:48 AM »
You have read these threads, right?
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3078.0
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2124.0
Your picture is of the taibolo that is discussed in one of those threads. Flys also come without bearings. Nev is selling both of those if you don't want to buy from Taiwan. There are loads of comparisons between flys, taibolos, circuses, finesses, and yohos in these threads and others. You won't go wrong with any of those... although they do all have their advantages and disadvantages. Some perhaps more than others depending on your tastes.

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 02:50:28 AM »
well, i might be changing my mind over towards the circus' again because i've personally never used the tiabolo i was talking about. I've used the finesse G3 and circus, i personally like the circus because its heavier and more balanced i think. So I'll probably get 3 circus'.

also, if i were to buy the circus', where can i see the teflon hubs? like, what website? also, do you know any online store that are in the US that will sell me about 20 circus' and i can somehow get a discount of some sort?

also yes, the first link is the taibolo i was talking about.

Ilias

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »
i personally like the circus because its heavier and more balanced i think.
Just how I think about it :)

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 11:59:18 AM »
JC sells the circus diabs already modded. he sells from germany though but that should make no difference in our modern times(and you definately save some money because you dont need the rubbish(imho) standard hubs if you dont want it). i highly recommend JC's Circuses, so you should at least contact him and ask for details...
i have a narrow hubs version of his ultra leichtkit(which is very similiar to the Taibolo), dont know if its availible but just ask...

his site:
www.diabolonet.de

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 12:27:38 AM »
hey guys, i saw these teflon hubs on here--(http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/extended_axle_kit_circus_.html#aBF_2fpomhubs)

Does anyone know any US vendor that has these exact ones? I would like to buy some.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal