Author Topic: Summer 2007  (Read 11667 times)

Ilias

Summer 2007
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:47:10 PM »
A little bit quick to come with a new video already, but I couldn't wait till the end of the summer so I made the video now. It contains stuff from this summer :)
Enojy ;)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ROsLbAoB8uc

Arjan

Re: Summer 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:36:55 PM »
Thats without a doubt the most boring technical diabolo video I have seen recently. Really a shame to see totally nothing new in it. Good job on the skills, but why do you put out a video like that?

Ilias

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »
I put it out to show the things I learned this summer... I'm just not good at making own tricks :-[ I thaught you'd like the btb start and fan 720 :(
But I still don't think its a bad video :)

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 11:03:12 PM »
It's not a bad video Ilias. It's just got nothing in it that a lot of us haven't seen before. The multi-angle filming is a nice touch, but I've just watched a video you posted on youtube in April (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=uqn-rrGnYqw&mode=related&search=) and I can't really tell the difference between this one and that one.
You've got some great skills. Now why don't you figure out a way to do some of those tricks in a neat/more fancy way? You literally have an x in the ground that you stand on when you diabolo. Try moving around a bit, dance around, sing, something.

-Duncan

Ilias

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »
The differences between my first video? The integrals in the beginning (I think it's called like that), the 2d combo, the btb fan 720, the 3d part (wich I admit it sucks, because it's almost the same as in my last video with only three diabs).

But hey, thanks for your comment, I'll mind on it when I make my next video ;)

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »
its not all bad, i saw some nice tricks in there. many i cant even do yet.

Arjan

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 08:27:32 AM »
I thaught you'd like the btb start and fan 720

Yeah I like the tricks.. so? That doesn't mean I like the video.

Ilias

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
Wtf...

Rob_

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:38 AM »
aarjan can you not help being mean or do you just enjoy beang mean? i mean comeon the guy made the effort to create a video, to showcase what new tricks he has learnt.

all you had to do was just comment on some mistakes he made and how he can improve his tricks that he can do. and before you say that saing "be origional" is helpful, its not. This lad is 14 and for his age i think he's an incredible diaboloist.

I loved the video, and quite a good song =) Was very impressed with the 3D =) i cant even contemplate doing that sort of thing :)

anyway, i hope this post has brought the topic back to the video and stopped it turning into one huge bitch fest

gijs

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 11:29:44 AM »
the btb fan 720 was the only trick I liked, the other tricks saw I on your other video. I think you can do better. Although the editting was better than the tricks. 

mo3

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 11:30:49 AM »
Arjan has not been mean, Ilias doesn't seem to understand that it's not about the tricks..

Your skills are already at a very high level but it's like everyones video ^^ if you don't come up with own ideas then why should we watch it? I've seen every trick in another video for sure.. like the btb fan and so on..

Start working on your own stuff.. Thats the art :P

Greetz

Martijn

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 11:53:07 AM »
You can do soooo much more with video than using it just as a medium to show your tricks on the internet. That's what Arjan (and everybody else that didn't like it) means. I didn't post a reply because I can't be bothered to post a reply to every poor video out there. Arjan choose otherwise, to provoke things a bit I guess (hoping to see improvement in the future).

Ilias

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
the btb fan 720 was the only trick I liked, the other tricks saw I on your other video. I think you can do better. Although the editting was better than the tricks. 
You can't, most of the 1d stuff was new, and I put some new 2d stuff in it too. In the 3d part were no new tricks, I admit it was rubbish but I just wanted the video to be complete.

I've seen every trick in another video for sure.. like the btb fan and so on..
Well, I've never seen it done 720.. Really, I thought you guys would like it :-\

Arjan has not been mean, Ilias doesn't seem to understand that it's not about the tricks..
Dude, tell me about what it should be then?

Your skills are already at a very high level but it's like everyones video ^^

Well just like you say, everyones video contains stuff that have been done yet, so what? It's not meant to be a VotW!

Robin!

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
I've never seen that little vertax jump thing... I really liked that :)

Rob_

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 12:30:42 PM »
well thats me totally blown out then  :-X

sorry for being a twonk  ;)

Martijn

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 12:57:13 PM »
Well just like you say, everyones video contains stuff that have been done yet, so what? It's not meant to be a VotW!

It's still meant to be entertaining. People posted what they thought of your video. Learn to take some criticism for god's sake.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
since when has this been a videography and film forum? I thought the title was diabolo.ca ...
videos started as mostly a means to show skills on the internet. while its reasonable to expect some standard of video editing so that it doesn't ruin the video, how the hell can you say "it's not about the tricks"? that's ludicrous given the context and goal of this forum.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Arjan

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »
Lately it seems that the video overall qualities have increased. People actually care about the whole package and off course about the skills involved.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 01:33:09 PM »
Thanks to Jacob (I think) for adding some sense to this thread.  Responses like Arjan's can only discourage people (both Ilias and other people reading) from sharing their enthusiasm for diabolo.  I read the comments then watched the video, wondering what could be so bad that it deserved that kind of response.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.  So maybe it won't be winning any cinematography awards, maybe we've seen most of the tricks (there were certainly some in there I hadn't seen before), but that doesn't mean that nobody else will get anything from the video. 

Rob_

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »
but that doesn't mean that nobody else will get anything from the video. 

It certainly gave me some new stuff to learn   :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal