Author Topic: bearing axles or non-bearing axles  (Read 2750 times)

bearing axles or non-bearing axles
« on: August 14, 2007, 03:24:36 AM »
What type diabolos do you prefer?

bearing axles
      or
non-bearing axles

I prefer bearing axels for excaliber/vertax because it seems easier. but for 2D and 3D, i prefer non-bearing because using bearings for 2D or more has a really odd feeling when shuffling.

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: bearing axles or non-bearing axles
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 03:29:56 AM »
The reason for the weird feeling with bearings in numbers is because the axle isn't moving, thus it doesn't have the same friction as opposed to a fixed axle. In the end, you end up working harder to keep the shuffle going with bearings.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:42:47 AM »
thats very true if you think about it that way

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
1D and vertax especially if great with bearing. I'll do two with bearings sometimes- Like 2D Vertax. Great for fans. But besides those I'll use solid axle.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

nev

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:54:02 AM »
I prefer to play 2d with bearings - once you get used to the feel, its still possible to do pretty much anything that can be done with fixed axles - you just need to modify your style a little because they don't climb the string in a wrap on the non dominant side - you can still do tricks that require this but you need to think a little and modify the trick a bit - I like the challenge of this aspect personally and you can get unexpected results from experimenting with how to get a certain trick to work with bearings.  (and how to get tricks that work with bearings to work with fixed also - anti sprinklers for example were harder to master with fixed, but I can now do them with both)

Its a personal thing though - most people just stick with what they know ;)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

diabolo store

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 08:28:05 PM »
i got bearing diabolos last week i think they're better than normal ones at everything 1d, vertax, and 2d. I'm never using solid ones again, and u can do crazy finger grinds with it
http://www.diabolo.ca/not-linked-to
Supplier of chinese yoyos and diabolos-single bell and double bell

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal