Author Topic: Aerotech Diabolos?  (Read 2300 times)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Aerotech Diabolos?
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:52:14 PM »
After the Gandini's spectacular aerotech club* passing act in the show at Crawley, the topic of an aerotech diabolo was raised. It would be nice to see a diabolo with lights with colour changes that could be syched to music. Some very intersting and spectacular effects could be achieved on stage, especially with more than one person. Most of us agreed It would be great to see an act like the gandinis done with diabolos?
I thought i would spread the discussion onto the forum, see what everyone else thought.

*If you don't know what/who aerotech is/are check their website. www.globall.com/

then watch this, an example of their clubs on stage Juggled by The Gandinis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MfJVROQy8Q
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: Aerotech Diabolos?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »
Aerotech used to make a light kit for renegade diabolos.   It was just a threaded single colour red unit on each side, replacing the bolts.   And it was heavy!  This was way back around the time globalls were new, in the mid 90s.  And yeah, it's not really an answer to what you're talking about, Pete, but it seemed interesting when I clicked 'reply'.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:23:56 PM »
I asked the guy who makes aerotech about this at the EJC in millstreet. Maybe one day when something like this comes available I would consider doing a duo light act, but for now I'm not really fond of it. I don't want to hide in the dark (I know, different discussion).

But yeah, could be really nice to see something like this being developed. One day maybe...

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »
Quote from: Barnesy
Aerotech used to make a light kit for renegade diabolos.

Thats helpful actually, i had picked up something about that from somewhere, in the past, and that clears it up. Thanks.

Quote from: Arjan
when something like this comes available I would consider doing a duo light act, but for now I'm not really fond of it. I don't want to hide in the dark

Completely understandable. But some awesome effects could be created, especially passing patterns with lots of people.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal