Author Topic: my first video lolz  (Read 12203 times)

Rob_

my first video lolz
« on: August 25, 2007, 08:05:40 PM »
i firsst picked up a diabolo 4 weeks ago

tell me what you think  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJvL4qOpjo

[youtube=425,350]mVJvL4qOpjo

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Re: my first video lolz
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »
First picked up 1 diabolo? Or is that not cool these days and you just started with 2?

Rob_

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »
i first picked up 1 diabolo 4 weeks ago  :P

ive had 2D for about a week and have spent about an hour practicing =)

Nahxela

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »
You look like you're making great progress :).

Although if you don't mind me pointing out, it seems that you're using your left arm too much for the 2d shuffle, and it makes you sort of pull your arms higher and higher as you continue until you drop one of the diabolos.

Since you're right handed, you want that to be making the most movements, while your left hand/arm should be there more for guiding the diabolos, like when a basketball player is taking a shot, the player will use their dominant hand to get most of the force to get the ball to the basket, but they still use their non-dominant hand for guiding the ball.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:03:59 PM »
not bad rob. you picked up 2D so quick!! keep it up. ;)

Matt D

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 11:07:50 PM »
I think you jumped into doing 2d too quickly. Work on more 1d I would say, and with 1d start to get your own style and tricks then start thinking about two.

Rob_

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 11:16:40 PM »
You look like you're making great progress :).

Although if you don't mind me pointing out, it seems that you're using your left arm too much for the 2d shuffle, and it makes you sort of pull your arms higher and higher as you continue until you drop one of the diabolos.

hehe thanks =)  i just kinda panic  :P its like "shiiiit theres two!!"    ill have ago at staying calm =)

I think you jumped into doing 2d too quickly. Work on more 1d I would say, and with 1d start to get your own style and tricks then start thinking about two.

i get bored with 1D  :P  its still good to amaze mini crowds with the huge throws that i can do though  ;D

not bad rob. you picked up 2D so quick!! keep it up. ;)

hehe thanks  ;D

Rob_

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 11:21:59 PM »

about the style... as with my juggling and my poi, i have quite a bouncy dance like style =P as im usually listening to dance / trance / house when im practicing =D

john_s

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 11:37:20 PM »
i get bored with 1D  :P  its still good to amaze mini crowds with the huge throws that i can do though  ;D

but you didn't even touch on any 1d really... if you only do high throws then of course you'll get bored quickly. i agree with matt d, whilst doing 2d is fun, it's going to be considerably more of an uphill struggle if you can't really do anything with 1d. for 2d, at the very least i'd suggest learning under the leg pretty solid, so you can get the "push" motion with your right hand solid. and a fair few 2d tricks are directly taken from 1d tricks (body moves, suns, knots etc) so you should really be learning them first... it'll pay off, trust me.

if you have diabology, then learn some stuff from there. if not, there's lots of videos, tutorials and other resources to help you get started, diabolotricks.com being one of them. your 2d will improve, but if you want to become a really good diabolist then it's best to start at the beginning and build on a solid foundation, rather than jumping straight into the gunfire (just thought i'd try out 2 metaphors there).

john.

Rob_

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »
im gettin diabology soon and i can do (solidly)

chinese whip acceleration
horizontal whip acceleration
left & right stopover
left & right sun
leg orbit
suicides
slowicides
throw it 50ft in the air and catch it
orbits without a bodypart
stick grinds
waterfall
chinese suicide
elevator

Shinta

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 11:50:51 PM »
not bad rob_ you started off with 2D faster than i did, though like nahxela said your hand movements seem a bit exaggerated
the tricks you did in that video were mostly basic tricks though not bad still, keep it up
BTW find somewhere where you don't have that lighting problem i could barely see you at the ending

-Shinta

Rob_

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 11:55:17 PM »
the lighting was because it was just a spurr of the moment vid and it was into the sun  :P

i usually perform in my garden or the park which means better lighting  :D :D

ill have another video soon i think  8)

im tryin to calm down my hand movements  :P currently its just whatever gets the second one spinning will do =P

Matt D

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 12:05:07 AM »
Before I even started 2 I could do integral suicides and genocides, along with solid sun combos and body combos. I could also do alot of different knots. If you just want to be able to do 2d basic tricks (ex. body orbits, 2h) then you do not need to get better at 1d. But if you want to do 2d suicides, knots, fans, vortexes, grinds, or mini-genocide type stuff you won't be able to do it without a stronger foundation of 1d tricks.

Rob_

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 12:07:37 AM »
im gonna get basic 2d sorted first cos it will improve my confidence, then ill move back to 1D and work on gettin some advanced tricks learnt =)

if anyone has any suggestions on tricks that would be a next step for me, just holla =D

Shinta

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »
if anyone has any suggestions on tricks that would be a next step for me, just holla =D
as you wish(I'm guiding by the list you gave of what you know)
try to learn overarm orbits and various exits to them
cradles
regular suicide
genocide/mini-genocide
infinite suicide
basically every trick that begins with a backwrap :P
inverse trapeze(inverse stopover?)
and most knot tricks :)
practice these and you will find it slightly(or allot) easier to control the 2D shuffle

-Shinta

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 03:35:07 AM »
Very good. your making great progress. keep it up.

I disagree i started 2d a week after i strted diaboloing and would have lied to continue  however our circus arts unit ended and i only had 1 diabolo so i didn't learn 2d until about 3 months later. but i got two high before two low and you seem to have a conrolled throw maybe you could give that a shot.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Rob_

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 09:03:41 AM »
i shall have ago at doing 2 high =D,

it looks easier than 2 low to be honest

Shinta

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
i shall have ago at doing 2 high =D,

it looks easier than 2 low to be honest
it isnt easier if you want my opinion(when i tried one always flew out and almost hit someone's head o.O) but if you wanna try 2 high you better do it somewhere where your diabolo cant get stuck or hit someone/something that can break

Rob_

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
ill do it in my garden =D  its more than big enough  :P

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »
It might Help to shorten your string. You could do this temporarily by pulling the knot further back and grabbing it with the handstick. And remember its not a high throw you want, its an accurate one. It may help to throw just above your head.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal