Author Topic: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going  (Read 97701 times)

mike.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »
it doesn't really matter. both are fine.

probably the same to be professional
can't believe its not butter

Terminator

« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »
I just ordered two new sundia multicolored diabolos......ftw

Terminator

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:24 AM »
now my shuffle is getting demented.  My diabolos leave from the left string and gradually the only way to sustain it is to put out the right stick because the diabolos keep flying in the northeast direction. :'(  Can anyone give me tips?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
now my shuffle is getting demented.  My diabolos leave from the left string and gradually the only way to sustain it is to put out the right stick because the diabolos keep flying in the northeast direction. :'(  Can anyone give me tips?

try and push with your right hand too.
can't believe its not butter

Terminator

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2009, 06:19:15 PM »
How do you keep from having the diabolos tilt?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
How do you keep from having the diabolos tilt?
1. Line everything up straight.
2. Get them going faster.
3. Read through this thread.
4. Practice, practice, practice, and practice some more. :)

aioN

« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2009, 11:17:23 PM »
Hi,

I have been doing two diabolos for 1 week, and i'm not making any progress.
   when im starting the shuffle it goes around 2 times before it crashes into the other diabolo. Am i supposed to use the right stick more??  (im right handed)

I, at the point of giving up..  its realy frustrating and I just want to burn the diabolo...   :-|         

Someone  PLZ help 

( Im using one finesse g3 and one g4, can that be the problem?)

Toddyupa

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2009, 03:44:18 AM »
2 different weights doesn't matter too much, unless they are big. It would be easier with 2 g3s or g4s, you just have to experiment with how much of this hand, and how much of that hand. It's hard to say what you have to do differently if we don't know exactly what your doing, maybe a video of your problem could help? Anyway, DON'T GIVE UP!
pretentious 12 year old

NewfoundAddictions

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2010, 09:24:40 AM »
I've managed to be able to a very uncontrolled shuffle,
I think that might help my cause is a little bit better understanding of the stick positions.

Are they exactly parallel to each other, or is the right stick
pointing a little bit further out than the left? (I'm Right handed)
because sometimes the diabolo i throw in does one cycle
and kinda flys off to the right a bit?

Also may it be my Diabolos, im using 2 Yoho ones, cant afford the good ones =(

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2010, 01:10:20 PM »
Stick position won't matter that much. Whatever is comfortable for you. Some people go with a more parallel position. Some people go with both or one stick pointing in to varying degrees. I think it would be rare to find people that point their sticks outwards. I'd think that would be a bit awkward.

Nothing wrong with Yohos, assuming they are the full 5 inch non-ratchet variety. Do they say "Jumbo" on them somewhere? In fact, I think they may be some of the best diabolos to learn with. They are large, heavy enough, stable, and their non-rubbery surface is great for learning corrections.

If you want some really specific advice, you could take a quick video. People are typically more than willing to offer advice.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
Yeah a video would help us help you. An advice: forget about your right hand to begin with. Learn to use your left hand only. Later when you get a steady shuffle you can start learning sync or async and speed-ups.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »
Yeah a video would help us help you. An advice: forget about your right hand to begin with. Learn to use your left hand only. Later when you get a steady shuffle you can start learning sync or async and speed-ups.
I think this is bad advice. When I started, my shuffle was using far too much left hand and the shuffle would lose spin a lot, when I started using my right hand more then not only was the shuffle more solid, but it had much more spin.

NiekG

« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2010, 04:32:04 PM »
I think this is bad advice. When I started, my shuffle was using far too much left hand and the shuffle would lose spin a lot, when I started using my right hand more then not only was the shuffle more solid, but it had much more spin.
Dito. You'll see tricks are almost impossible to do if you only use your left, because the diabs lose spin way too fast.
Meh,

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »
Seemed to work fine with me. Of course, you couldn't just forget your right hand forever but the left hand is a bit more important when learning the shuffle. Remember, the guy is not capable of a controlled shuffle and practicing his lefthand throws will make it much more steady. When his left hand throws are a little more accurate he can decide to start using his right hand only or whatever he wants to. He is not yet at the point of learning a 2d trick people.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

NewfoundAddictions

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2010, 08:52:33 PM »
Ill have to figure a way of getting movies onto the computer, then uploading on my 56k internet ='(.

Any ways, I throw in with my right hand, and shuffle clockwise.

I seem to be moving the left stick to the right when the diabolo is about to reach the stick,
maybe to help it over, maybe it doesn't need help?
The right stick makes anticlockwise circle when the diabolo is about to reach the left side string.

Richard

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2010, 09:24:56 PM »

I've taught 2 diabolos for about 8 years to students and in the last 5 years I've found it's WAY better to start them off with only lifting the left hand.  Getting the timing correct is the main issue when people start learning 2 low.  Lifting the left is a lot easier for most people than driving the right.

Once they have the timing correct, then I introduce the right hand drive.  This seems to be the fastest way I can get someone to do 2 low really well.

NewfoundAddictions

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »
So you recon to keep the right hand stick still for a while, and lift (not move to the right) the left stick?
will this keep the diabolos spinning or gain speed? or is it purely for timing purposes?

Cheers heaps!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »
Use a mix of both, just don't forget the right hand whatever you do. I think that using the right hand when learning is essential though.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
The right hand will add spin to the diabolos and stability to the pattern. I usually get people to concentrate on their left hand at the very beginning. Once they can start and keep it going for a bit I emphasize that they now need to start thinking about adding in their right hand. As the diabolo arrives on your right hand, try and follow it down a bit. The more you use your right hand the faster they will spin, the more stable your pattern will become, the less likely they will be to tilt off, and the easier they will be to correct.

NewfoundAddictions

« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2010, 10:24:11 PM »
Ok cool guys, thanks for all the tips and comments, tip to put em all into practice!

Ill cya guys in a few hours ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal