Author Topic: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going  (Read 97710 times)

Richard

Re: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »
Timing is the HARDEST thing for most people - this can only be achieved by heaps of practice

NewfoundAddictions

« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2010, 09:23:22 PM »
Well after a hard days work trying to shuffle, I managed quite a bit.

The 1st try I beat my record by just using the left hand,
as the day went I started to use the right hand.
Now I can -start- the shuffle bout 40%ish and I can keep it
going for a few rotations. Still uncontrolled but a lot better than it was.

Toddyupa

« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2010, 08:36:30 AM »
It's kinda wierd for me as I leanrt how to do about 10 shuffles consistently in about 10 minutes after seeing the wrap start. I didn't know it existed.

I wish the 3D shuffle was the same...
pretentious 12 year old

Icebox

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2010, 02:30:07 AM »
ok i've been really devoting myself to 2 diabolos for the past 3 days or so, and I can get the wrap start every time, and the shuffle isn't that hard, but from the shuffle the diabolos fall out of line (both tilt and axis) and when I try to re-wrap, the diabolo just coils and smashes into the right stick. Any tips on re-wrapping and from there what would be the best approach to try the far cup corrections? I'm right handed, and I can correct the near cup, but when the shuffle is going around I often touch the near cup by accident when I'm driving, so it would be really beneficial if someone could give me some tips on the far cup correction.

Cheers, thanks for taking the time to help.

azndiablo

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2010, 02:29:31 AM »
hey guys, i've been having a bit of trouble in the form of my shuffle dealigning itself. i can usually get the shuffle working pretty well with a good throw-in and maintain it for up to mayb 10 rounds, but what always happens (unless i can rewrap one of them and start a wrap acceleration) is that the shuffle slowly moves from a straight shuffle to a diagonal one, at which point maintaining stability is impossible for me. from an aerial point of view, it would look something like this:
                                   \
------------      ==>         \
                                      \
although it never gets that misaligned becuz i lose control of it way earlier :-|
as soon as i get my camera back, i'll try to post up a vid to help u guys visualize, but i was wondering if anyone had encountered this before and had any advice? it seems to work a bit better when i forget about using left-hand and rely solely on right-hand drives, but i've yet to master corrections, so im working on that with tips i've picked up from going through this thread. should i just forget about using the left hand and just stick w/ right hand for now? thanks in advanced for ur help guys!  :-D

Richard

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »
I've got some tips for Both Benc and ANZ,

Even though you can keep the shuffle going, quite often there are some fundamental issues which stuff it up.

These are most likely timing, angle of strings and timing, timing, timing.

Timing is something that you will just get through hours of practice.  don't fret too much about it.  Each time you lift at the wrong time, you are working 'against' the natural shuffle of the diabolo.  If you have REALLY good timing, you shouldn't really need to worry about correction.

Therefore, just keep up the practice for now - I wouldn't concentrate on doing corrections until you have your timing REALLY solid.

Then there's the angle of the string/sticks.  I always teach my pupils to point BOTH sticks inwards so that the sticks are pointing towards the diabolos. This can really help you ensure that you're lined up better and you look down directly onto the shuffle.

The shuffle should also be directly in front of you, not too much towards your left or right side.

If you're having problems with the wrap acceleration, you just need to practice practice practice.  the reason it is wrapping is because you haven't mastered the timing of it. Another thing you can try is using newer strings.  REALLY new strings will make the wrap acceleration REALLY hard.

Post a video if you are still struggling.  Just remember that the diabolos should correct themselves a certain amount if your timing is perfect.

Richard

finesse

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »

Then there's the angle of the string/sticks.  I always teach my pupils to point BOTH sticks inwards so that the sticks are pointing towards the diabolos. This can really help you ensure that you're lined up better and you look down directly onto the shuffle.

This really helped me.
After i tried that, i started moving my sticks more and more straight, and after some time, the sticks were pointing straight. What alse helped me was 2diabolo.net

Burnin

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2010, 01:46:52 AM »
Hey guys! :D

Well, I'm new to the forums, but not new to Diabolo.. I've been doing it for about 4 or 5 years :) and today I learned how to do 2 Diabolos! yay for me! :D (yeah, i know, maybe i should've learned it before, but I'm only 14 :p)

So here's my problem, I've read the entire thread, tried everything, but when I try to correct a tilted or sideways diabolo I can't even touch it, it's too difficult! what should i do?

Many many thanks,

Stephan :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2010, 02:28:48 AM »
Welcome! Glad you started to work on 2 diabolos.
today I learned how to do 2 Diabolos...
There lies your problem. Work at it daily for a couple weeks and I'll bet you'll get it working. If you've already read through this thread then there's not much more to be said!

Richard

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:10 AM »
There lies your problem. Work at it daily for a couple weeks and I'll bet you'll get it working. If you've already read through this thread then there's not much more to be said!

I agree. You REALLY need to concentrate on keeping your shuffle going before thinking about correction.

As I mentioned earlier:

Timing is something that you will just get through hours of practice.  don't fret too much about it.  Each time you lift at the wrong time, you are working 'against' the natural shuffle of the diabolo.  If you have REALLY good timing, you shouldn't really need to worry about correction.

Correction requires VERY good control of the shuffle. You're changing the pattern of the shuffle so that you can tap the diabolos as they pass. Also, it helps if the diabolos are spinning faster.

Be happy with what you've got for now and concentrate on getting your timing working first.

Burnin

« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
I agree. You REALLY need to concentrate on keeping your shuffle going before thinking about correction.

As I mentioned earlier:

Correction requires VERY good control of the shuffle. You're changing the pattern of the shuffle so that you can tap the diabolos as they pass. Also, it helps if the diabolos are spinning faster.

Be happy with what you've got for now and concentrate on getting your timing working first.

Hey guys :)

Thanks for the tips :) I'll definitely try to concentrate more on my shuffle before correcting :) I guess I rushed a bit haha

But how can I practice the shuffle if my shuffle only keeps going for about 10 to 14 rounds??

Thanks

Burnin

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »
erm.. helo?? any help o this? how do i practice my shuffle when diabolos fall?

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2010, 03:23:01 AM »
You just practice until they don't fail.
fluffy kitty

Richard

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »
Welcome to the painful/frustrating and beautifully fulfilling world of diabolo.

Sometimes you just need to put the hard yards in and no tips or advice will get you there quicker

e.g. 3 high :)

Benjy

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »
I am having the same problem as many here seem to be having that the diabolos seem to fall out after dealigning. but i noticed that usually the one i started spinning fast before i throw/wrap start the second diabolo that seems to fall out less and so i think that practicing the shuffle by itself will improve itself. When you see the pros doing two diabolos i notice that when they start they rarely seem to do any corrections only after doing hard tricks that have seemingly gone a little off target. Personally i took two diabolos as starting fresh and tried to "forget" what i had been taught about 1 diabolos as when you first start one diabolo the diabolo constantly spins out of control goes forward backwards but now i feel i almost never have to make corrections because i can feel what the diabolos doing in a way and i think that the same will happen with 2 diabolos. Of course im not saying dont learn correction just remember that you have only just started and essentially new aspect of juggling.

(i may be completely wrong here if so ignore what just said hehe)

This is only spoken from 2 months of diabolo experience.

Ben

Burnin

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:24 PM »
You just practice until they don't fail.

So I'd have to practice even though they fall, cause I don't know corrections yet and you guys told me to practice shuffle and then correction, but no corrections means diabolos fall D:

liqinglei419

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »
Hi, I have been trying to shuffle 2 diabolos, but I seem to have some trouble. I can get a wrap starts done very well, but after i release the wrap, i manage to get 1-3 shuffles, then something goes wrong. I noticed the following occurs:

1. The diabolo that is not wrapped pops up, then misses the string.
2. After unwrapping the diabolo, it goes under the originally unwrapped one, goes up towards the right stick, then misses the string. Either that or the that diabolo will go up, but not go far enough towards the stick. The originally wrapped diabolo also tends to orbit the originally unwrapped one, and eventually crsashes from shrinking shuffles, etc.
3. The diabolos shuffle around, then the shuffle just shrinks and crashes. Sometimes after it crashes, I somehow manage to make it shuffle the opposite way.

I looked at a lot of videos on youtube on how to do the shuffle, and try to do what they say, and and see how they shuffle, but those keep happening. Does anyone have any advice on how to effectively shuffle the diabolos?  I use 2 bearing diabolos, is there any difference in style when it comes to shuffling bearing axle and fixed axle diabolos?

Richard

« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2010, 10:45:08 AM »
I highly recommend filming yourself and posting it - it will save any misunderstanding.

Mr.D

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »
A video would help, but evidently all you need is more practice to get the rhythm and control. And yes, using bearings makes it all harder to learn because you have to time the pushes and throws even better. :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

liqinglei419

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2010, 03:11:39 AM »
Sorry about the slow response, I found out the problem after switching to fixed axles, and lifting my left hand only, and then using the right hand to shuffle, and reduce the left hand movement to the point where the right hand is doing most of the work, and now I feel more comfortable doing tricks and shuffles with bearing diabolos  :o. Thanks anyways!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal