Author Topic: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going  (Read 106228 times)

tomangleberger

• Donator
Re: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2005, 05:23:32 PM »
Quote from: wua05
i seem to have fixed this problem.  now i am faced with learning how to correct :-/

edit- okay now i can do it pretty much the same way as barnsy does it.  but, after a while one diabolo is much more "forward" than the other one, although they are still paralel, if u understand that.  what am i doing wrong?

First of all, don't worry about the corrections too much. They will come eventually. If you can get a good shuffle going and put some spin on them, they will not need correction so much. (This is just echoing advice I read elsewhere in this thread.) I encourage you to work on tricks and wait until corrections start to feel natural.

As for your second problem, this happens to me all the time. I usually just give one diabolo a little toss and catch it so that it is now back in line with the other diabolo.

Learning to toss one of the diaboli is well worth it. It helps solve a lot of problems and gives you some spin. Plus, you can use tosses to set up suns & suicides.

wua05

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 12:34:49 AM »
thnx for you help, can you give me some advice on how to toss it?  i tried it and it is pretty hard to throw it straight up

edit- okay after experimenting a while i can throw it up pretty well by driving a diabolo very hard, as it natually goes up the towards my left hand and pops up.  is this the coreect way?

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 03:50:02 AM »
Quote from: wua05
i can throw it up pretty well by driving a diabolo very hard, as it natually goes up the towards my left hand and pops up.  is this the coreect way?

Sounds good to me. Whatever works. It'll be automatic soon. Remember you're looking for that perfect Priam arc from left handstick to right handstick.

Archangel_i

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2005, 06:10:46 AM »
Finally I got the 2d shuffle “working”. Like other diabolists, I started using my left hand only, now I am using both, RH doing circles and my LH going up and down.
Am I doing it right ( well.. on the right track to perfection??)). When I look at them working together it seems they keep getting closer and closer on an horizontal line. Is it good/ bad ???. What should I do next ( except practicing ) to make the RH do all the job.
Ki gogot likimama

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2005, 09:03:02 AM »
Quote from: Archangel_i
When I look at them working together it seems they keep getting closer and closer on an horizontal line. Is it good/ bad ???. What should I do next ( except practicing ) to make the RH do all the job.
Good to hear it's working for you.  Just liking running 5 balls (bounce or in the air), this feeling of controlling the seemingly uncontrollable.

As for this horizontal line thing, I get that when I try to do a shuffle like Dave P and pump it really fast with my right hand keeping my left still (my momentary practise for possibly trying 3 synch).  If you can keep the timing, great.  But when you're just a bit out of time, you'll disrupt the flow and it'll start getting more and more horizontal and finally collide.  This is a less prominent event if you use your left hand a bit to pop it up just a lil as it goes across.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

dynamaniac

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
just started learning 2d last night, and ive had two good runs of around 16 catches each so far. this thread is helping a ton.

Archangel_i

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2005, 10:41:11 AM »
Tring so much hard that my hands are getting bumps on them. Corections are way much harder than the shuffle. Trying all type, havent find one that suits me ( tapping, grinding, etc). Arghhh
Ki gogot likimama

redmonkey

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 09:13:32 PM »
heres my problem,
i can start another diabolo via a wrapstart, the problem is, i cant keep the shuffle going, what am i doing wrong

btw, im new here. hey!

i have 2 finesses, one of them has a finger axel

seán_

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2006, 10:45:18 PM »
theres some great stuff in this thread
practice, you'll get it in no time and it's so worth it.
See about getting the normal axle back on for a while if you can.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2006, 03:09:18 AM »
yeah, it's kind of a challenge to do different axles...if you must use seperate types, i'd say that you should be wrapping in the one with the standard axle.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2006, 09:31:32 AM »
After you have the shuffle solid different axels might be ok. When i first learned to do 2 diabolos I used one with a wide axel and one with a thin axel so that i got some of the benefits of a wide axel and I could still correct the thin axel dibolo to the one with the wide axel. (I did this because I couldn't do wrap corrections)
Behind your back is your front.

redmonkey

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2006, 04:03:25 PM »
i have the shuffle most of the time now.

my problem is correcting, when they go out of line i try to touch the cups but the diabolos just miss the string, what am i doing wrong???

seán_

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2006, 07:02:13 PM »
i have the shuffle most of the time now.

my problem is correcting, when they go out of line i try to touch the cups but the diabolos just miss the string, what am i doing wrong???
moving your hands too much out of line.
work on changing the shuffle shape especially popping one up so you can get the diabolo in a nice place to correct rather than trying to reach for the diabolo you want to correct.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
Also turning your body to face the axels of the diabolos might help you learn to correct.
Behind your back is your front.

Beni

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
Tap the diabolo as it hits the string, not too early. And try some tricks, your correcting wil get better as you go along.

diabolo store

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
when i drive with my right hand, the 2 diabolso keep colliding verticallyu. how do i fix this?
http://www.diabolo.ca/not-linked-to
Supplier of chinese yoyos and diabolos-single bell and double bell

seán_

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »
untill you have a fast solid shuffle you still need some concious motion with the left, else they'll collapse. just a slight up and away, keep at it, you'll get it soon. If you can maintain a shuffle another way concentrate on that, the other methods come with time.

Neil

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2007, 11:18:05 PM »
hey i'm new to the forum and just starting to try to learn the 2d shuffle
problem is that usually i only get one or two catches before i just completely miss the string with a diabolo

is this normal for the first few hours of attempts?

seán_

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2007, 12:42:17 AM »
yeah, we all missed the string, you'll either have a hand alignment problem or will be pushing the diabolos out of line when you throw across.
The narrower gapped synch pattern tends to miss less if you can drive it comfortably.

Keep at it, it wont be a problem soon.

Good luck

cpai

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2007, 06:00:12 AM »
Is there a way to correct tilt without making the diabolos turn? When I try to correct tilt by tapping, either it does nothing to the tilt or turns it instead of correcting tilt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal