Author Topic: MHD 2007 Video  (Read 4513 times)

nev

• Donator
MHD 2007 Video
« on: August 29, 2007, 04:48:49 PM »
New demo video from MHD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntTWAPn-LSg

Enjoy
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Ben

• VotW Contributor
Re: MHD 2007 Video
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »
nice the whole group is very good

ben

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
yeah i saw this vid the other day,
can i ask what does MHD stand for?
and also how do you do the 2d stall 2:28? baptiste does it in diabology

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:58:56 PM »
Very Nice Video.

can i ask what does MHD stand for?
Of course you can. Thats what this forum is for  ;) I think its Mad Happy Diaboloists?

and also how do you do the 2d stall 2:28? baptiste does it in diabology

One diabolo is spinning in the opposite direction. Its obvious that the other guy sped it up for him.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Nahxela

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:08:04 AM »
Dang, those MHD diaboloists are awesome!

But where was Jack? :o
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 04:03:47 AM »
i dont know what MHD exactly stand for, but i know MHD is a diabolo art school in Taiwan.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 05:41:02 AM »
i dont know what MHD exactly stand for

Read my other post.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:45:56 AM »
Read my other post.

Yeah, that would be a good idea... if your post was right!

It's 'Music Happy Diabolo'.  I'd guess (yes thats right, im not entirely sure) its a result of a less than perfect translation. Probably sounds a lot better in Taiwanese, but sounds super cool in English.

Oh, and it's not that obvious.  Although he probably did, and it would probably save a lot of time, it really doesnt take a lot to speed up a diabolo the wrong way yourself.  Especially if you are comfortable playing with the left hand as well (which i know Ryo is, and i am sure William must be)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 12:34:40 PM »
or just speed one up with your right and turn round to face the back and speed up with your right aswell

Nahxela

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »
It's 'Music Happy Diabolo'.  I'd guess (yes thats right, im not entirely sure) its a result of a less than perfect translation. Probably sounds a lot better in Taiwanese, but sounds super cool in English.
Don't you mean Chinese ::)?

Anyways, I found this as part of the video title:
飛樂鈴揚
Are those the Chinese characters for MHD?
I wouldn't know, since I've never seen the actual name for them in Chinese...
But the last three characters do result in "Music Happy Diabolo," since the second to last character mean diabolo and the second character can mean music and happy.
However, the first one means fly (like 飛鈴, the Fly Diabolo), so I don't know how that works :-\

Edit: Whoops, misread the last character >_>, it means to rise, and 飛揚 means that as well, so perhaps it just means that they're on the rise?
Even though they already are really well know :D
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 02:33:03 AM »
fei is fly yes but if you think fei as fei chang then that fei means very.  I know it's a different character but maybe it's a play with words like the diabolos flying. 

Josh

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »
Wow, some really neat stuff in there, really liked the long line of transfers of one diabolo across the top, and the massive group synchro stuff looked really nice too.

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal