Author Topic: glow diabolo/ sticks  (Read 4767 times)

diabolo store

glow diabolo/ sticks
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »
Do the babache energy moon sticks and glow bearing fly diabolos glow brightly?how do they compare with illuminated light sticks and light diabolos? and is it stiff, how long does the glow last, and how long do u have to put it under a light for it to glow? Thx
http://www.diabolo.ca/not-linked-to
Supplier of chinese yoyos and diabolos-single bell and double bell

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: glow diabolo/ sticks
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:40:51 PM »
they do not glow that much. unless, you charge them.
 you could put them in a darkbox that is covered in silver foil and then flash a camera in it. that charges them up a lot.

that goes with anything that is glow in the dark

seán_

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »
IIRC the sticks are a *bit* stiffer than the babache energy sticks.

diabolo store

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:06 PM »
they do not glow that much. unless, you charge them.

u mean an hour, 30 min, or wat, ??? thanks
IIRC the sticks are a *bit* stiffer than the babache energy sticks.
i dont have energy sticks :-[, so how are they compared to henrys carbon fibers?  ??? thx

seán_

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:57:37 PM »
thanksi dont have energy sticks :-[, so how are they compared to henrys carbon fibers?  ??? thx

Dare I say crap?
Put it this way, we bought a set for work we cant even be bothered to take them out of the packet and use them.

You however might love them.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »
u mean an hour, 30 min, or wat, ???   ??? thx

did i not say the following
 you could put them in a darkbox that is covered in silver foil and then flash a camera in it. that charges them up a lot.

and btw  i loved my enerygs until they snapped

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 12:42:08 PM »
If charged up heavily, you'll get a glow which lasts about 5 minutes at which point it will get less and less bright.  They're generally quite pointless from that point of view unless you have the equipment to charge up the sticks quickly and easily.  Standing under a lightbulb doesn't work as well as you might think.  Your mileage may vary of course.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Nahxela

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »
Well, I think most of these light props seem to get a brighter (initial) glow if you use normal batteries as opposed to chargeable ones, but I'm not very informed about technical stuff to do with moon sticks or glowing flys, plus, I doubt that placing a light under a light would make the weaker one any stronger ;)
It's always better to play with lights in the dark, as that's what they're intended for.

And by glowing, do you mean that the props are actual glow props made of material that glows in the dark, or ones that have lights?
Glow-in-the-dark always has a much duller light than light kits.

Besides, you should just save up for Pete's/Olobaid's Gold Edition sticks as they're much more durable in comparison to the babache made stuff.

Except I broke one on concrete and one in a gymnasium, so now I have a spare one that is fully intact and two that are glued together :'(
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Matt D

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 01:14:04 AM »
@nahxela
They were talking about glow-in-the-dark and I think that the glow in the dark stuff is of no use, it runs out to quickly and does not glow that bright ever, if you want to get good light then get glow in the dark finesses or flys and get the light kits that go with them, then charge the glow-in-the-dark stuff and use light kits.

diabolo store

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 04:02:27 PM »
if you want to get good light then get glow in the dark finesses or flys and get the light kits that go with them, then charge the glow-in-the-dark stuff and use light kits.

cool the flys have light kits? where do u get them off the website?

R-J

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:18:46 PM »

Nahxela

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 11:07:45 PM »
cool the flys have light kits? where do u get them off the website?
If you're looking at flys, you should probably talk to Nev, since he's quite knowledgeable with the variety of Asian diabolos, especially since he's an importer/vendor of those diabolos
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal