Author Topic: Diabolo Mirage  (Read 5436 times)

matthewthegreat

Diabolo Mirage
« on: September 02, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »
Here is my new video. I made it in the deserts around where I live in New Mexico.

Download Version: http://www.swirlheaddude.com/thediabolomirage(8-31-07).wmv (Please right click then save as on the donwload link)

You Tube Version:
[youtube=425,350]rYK-JLeNhlA

for more of my videos please visit: http://www.swirlheaddude.com/videos.html

Thank You for your comments!

Diabolo Bro

Re: Diabolo Mirage
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 05:28:46 PM »
Nice video. With some of the best locations I've ever seen in a diabolo video. Not necessarily a breakthrough in tricks but definitely one of the great videos of the summer. Btw did you have any drops where the diabolo fell all the way down one of the cliffs?
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

R-J

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »
I like the tricks you do and especialy
I REALY like the western mood that i'v got from watching this video
love the location
good video

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 07:42:26 PM »
A very nice and different location to the typically urban environments we usually see in other videos - I love horizons that don't end. I, however, can't imagine diaboloing next to an interstate highway without being a little nervous of the traffic. Glad you had things so that the diabs would bounce AWAY from cars ;)

Pretty good, and different, video in my final opinion. Keep it up.

-Duncan

Edit - I didn't notice up until now, but it's cute how all the cars are going backwards in your little highway scene.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 10:56:51 PM »
Very good, nice use of the desert landscape around you which is very sparse yet still interesting.  Stick releases aplenty too. 

Well done sir, that was a pleasant viewing.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 11:15:55 AM »
Yeah that is a really nice video, the locations were superb and the music went with the video very well in my opinion. Some of the stick catches could've been a bit cleaner but everything else was really well done!

-Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »
cool, i enjoyed watching it!. Stick releases are always cool, especially when they are filmed in such an environments :)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

David - SAS1

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
I really enjoyed the video, good locations, music went well, not bad skill level and easy viewing.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »
Well I didn't really like it much. The locations were great, but I didn't like your style- Not very smooth and quite messy.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

matthewthegreat

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 03:40:48 PM »
Thanks for all the comments!

Btw did you have any drops where the diabolo fell all the way down one of the cliffs?
on that one cliff I was going to do some thing better then just the vortex but after dropping them twice and taking 10 mins to climb down then back up the cliff I thought the vortex would do. ;D

I, however, can't imagine diaboloing next to an interstate highway without being a little nervous of the traffic. Glad you had things so that the diabs would bounce AWAY from cars

Edit - I didn't notice up until now, but it's cute how all the cars are going backwards in your little highway scene.
The cars are also going 3.5 faster then in real life so diaboloing there was not scary as it looks.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 04:54:32 PM »
I really enjoyed that. The music was perfect, and the locations were stunning. And diabolo in dangerous places is great fun too. I liked the way the blue skies contrasted with the dominating sandy landscape.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

TomMiller

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »
that video was really good nice place to shoot but u picked up diabolos where did the sticks come form :D
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

diabolo store

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
WTF? how are you wearing long pants and a suit in NM? I went there this summer and it was 100+ degrees for a whole week
http://www.diabolo.ca/not-linked-to
Supplier of chinese yoyos and diabolos-single bell and double bell

xiaman

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »
Working on your tan and diaboloing at the same time; quite a good deal (and video) in my opinion!

Conor

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 09:27:28 PM »
didnt particularly like the diabolo. there were some good tricks but would be better if there were longer combos and less acceleration. Landscapes were awesome. I like ur bowler hat (is that how u spell it? I dunno)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal