Author Topic: What next?; suggestions for future products and what a diabolist really wants  (Read 17411 times)

tommi

• VotW Contributor
Re: What next?; suggestions for future products and what a diabolist really want
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »

Ok, there it is, not wobbly at all, still a little heavy though. Took some abec3 bearings from old skateboard wheels. Diab remains the spin very well when you hold it from the hubstack (the bearings). I think I'm still going to modify it a little, to to make it lighter and maybe add alonger bolt to to have the possibility of doing those spinning top kind of moves.

Shaun

• Donator
Re: What next?; suggestions for future products and what a diabolist really wants
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 12:25:54 PM »
Nice modding tommi ;)

How about a diabology II ;D. Its been a few years since the original came out, and new things/tricks have been invented. Instead of limiting the diaboloists to France (MFP), go broader, around the world!

Niclas

Re: What next?; suggestions for future products and what a diabolist really wants
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »

How about a diabology II ;D. Its been a few years since the original came out, and new things/tricks have been invented. Instead of limiting the diaboloists to France (MFP), go broader, around the world!

Yes diabology 2 that was a good idea.
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: What next?; suggestions for future products and what a diabolist really want
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 01:29:35 PM »
Screw Diabology II. It would be awesome. But hell, Diabology still has so hell crazy tricks. And its years old!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
Light kits that the motion trails say stuff, I don't know what it's called but I've seen it before on kid toys and stuff

Like this? http://ledlightray.com/photos/polo-tech-new-led-fan.jpg

It'd be a bit hard to see words, especialy with the diabolo being thrown about the place, but different patterns moving along it could look good.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Christopher

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »
Nice modding tommi ;)

Perhaps a MFP World Tour, going to cities around the world to help eager diaboloists master tricks.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
Like this? http://ledlightray.com/photos/polo-tech-new-led-fan.jpg

It'd be a bit hard to see words, especialy with the diabolo being thrown about the place, but different patterns moving along it could look good.

Yes like that!
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Cups that are grippy and shaped like a finesse, but don't get covered in scuff marks or get scratched on concrete. Or am i asking too much...
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
I was thinking, how about a completely UV reactive diabolo, could look amazing for stage performances. or has that already been invented?
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Chiok

• Donator
Is the Finesse Moon UV reactive?  The yellow Finesse is kinda glowy, I've not seen a white one under UV.  I'll tell you what isn't though, Circus Lumo, doesn't glow for toffee resulting in a last minute switch to Finesses which resulted in a nasty performance.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
All the finesses apart from the blue and moon ones are UV reactive as far as i know, but i've never tested any to see how well they work.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Nahxela

Light kits, light sticks, and other light props are out there... How about light string :D
Or maybe fire string for fire play :)
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Light kits, light sticks, and other light props are out there... How about light string :D
Or maybe fire string for fire play :)

isn't the fire diabolo string Kevlar? like the wick? so couldn't you like douse some fuel on it and light it up as well?
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

William

• VotW Contributor
isn't the fire diabolo string Kevlar? like the wick? so couldn't you like douse some fuel on it and light it up as well?

It would die, fast.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

willum89

I need something for scrapes and cuts. Or maybe something to put around arm/leg/neck so you don't give yourself rope burns when practicing body combos. Wearing pants and long sleeves work but sometimes the weather just isn't suitable for that kind of clothing. Also my jackets are all kinda baggy and loose and I don't have tight long sleeve shirts.

diabolofreak617

I need something for scrapes and cuts. Or maybe something to put around arm/leg/neck so you don't give yourself rope burns when practicing body combos. Wearing pants and long sleeves work but sometimes the weather just isn't suitable for that kind of clothing. Also my jackets are all kinda baggy and loose and I don't have tight long sleeve shirts.

I thought about this a long time ago and the only thing I could think of was a couple padded straps that could go around your arms, legs, neck (wherever the string would touch your skin). I imagine that a sports equipment store would have something that you could modify to suit your need. I never really followed the idea because I don't do many body combos.
If Diaboloing was easy then everyone would be doing it.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
All the finesses apart from the blue and moon ones are UV reactive as far as i know, but i've never tested any to see how well they work.
Seems to make no difference to them even when im holding my yellow finesse right up against a UV light
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Beni

They should be pretty UV reactive. I mean, teeth are really bright under UV light, so at least the white and yellow finnesses should be.
Also, the moon is the best for UV light. It was in some old thread.

Beni
("Flourescent Adolescent" :D)

Nahxela

Denim seems to work, although I don't like jeans much.
You could also wear the material that's in between denim and khakis (I don't know what it's specifically called, some sort of polyester?)
Heavy hoodies are nice, too, but Texas might be too warm for that most of the time...
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal