Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 243065 times)

-Eric-

• Donator
Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #700 on: May 24, 2012, 06:15:59 AM »
 Hi guys, I have been practicing 3d for about 2 weeks, and I have been having a problem. Whenever I unwrap the third diabolo (using a wrap start), the two diabolos go into a shuffle around the third one. While this little pattern looks cool, I would really like to learn a normal shuffle :P . If anyone could give me advice/feedback/help that would be great. I have tried searching for this problem but I can't seem to find it.

Here is a video, sorry for the bad lighting, I threw it together in a hurry.

Diabolo 3d Progress

At the end I try a hover start, which I have no idea how to either, even after watching multiple tutorials. The other two diabolos crash and I've tried following the advice I've seen but it's a bit hard for me to understand. Would doing a hover start fix my other problem? And would learning the hover start Be easier at this point or should I stick with the wrap start?

Sorry for the extremely long post  :embarassed: and thanks in advance,
-Eric-

Mediaboy13

« Reply #701 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
I really hate wrap/hover start.
I've been trying on and off for a year so I prefer a trapeze start or my recently created hook-stall start.
I guess for your problem when you get diabolo 3 unwrap it as diabolo to leaves the string (in shuffle), as you unwrap diabolo 1 should also flick up abit and make your shuffle wider. I guess just move your arms faster (async keep arms at normal height like 2D and for sync pull your arms up higher) but not too fast.

Remember 2 diabolo takes different times to learn for different people. You should work on your 2D shuffle longer and learn some really advanced tricks with 2 as you look abit uncomfortable when starting 2D. Some people take over a year others afew months, but don't expect to learn 3 in 2 weeks unless you're a child prodigy.

By the way on this link it says you have logged 3 diabolos for 9 and 16 catches  :-|. Are you lying?
http://www.jugglingedge.com/records.php?PropType=d&

Hope that helps!
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #702 on: May 24, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
Thanks for the help.
I havent been flicking my wrist  when i unwrap the third diabolo, so doing that and going into a higher shuffle will hopefully help. I am relatively comfortable with 2d, so I'm not sure why my shuffle looks uncomfortable to you.

By the way on this link it says you have logged 3 diabolos for 9 and 16 catches  :-|. Are you lying?
http://www.jugglingedge.com/records.php?PropType=d&

That's my amount of catches when I'm doing the weird little shuffle around the third diabolo, I actually didn't realize my shuffle was weird until a lot later, because to me I was just excited to have 3 diaboloing staying on the string. So no, I wasn't lying, but it isn't exactly my record for a normal 3d shuffle.

Thanks for your advice, I'll see how it works.

-Eric

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #703 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16:36 PM »
I just found this 3 diabolo tutorial, I didn't make it but I figured I'd post it here for other people learning 3d to see.

youtube:
3 diabolo tutorial : ija tutorial contest!

and jtv:

3 Diabolo Tutorial: IJA Tutorial Contest 2012 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #704 on: September 17, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »
i hate this more than life.
can't believe its not butter

Mediaboy13

« Reply #705 on: October 02, 2012, 03:22:57 AM »
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

m1ck

« Reply #706 on: October 13, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
in the site first time for like 2 years!
i learned 3D in about 1,5-2 years an after that, it was like like few more months to get it solid.
so if you don't get it in few months don't get frustrated :D

ATM im working on "wrong" side 3d suffle. in 30 min practise i got 6 otts :D

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #707 on: December 31, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »
Okay guys.
So, Instead of starting new thread I thought lets just bump this up.

So, Its been a few years. and Now I have been practicing 3 Diabolos for a few months.
I just hit this wall. I Simply CANNOT get my Hover opening consistent.
Whats happening is, sometimes when I open it is flawless and I can shuffle a good 30 seconds or so.
But most of the time the 2 diabolos in the string tend to get out of alignment, or don't "Flash" so it crumbles.
I have been trying the wrap start again just to see whats up with my opening. It is slightly more consistent and its "Flashes" open wider.
But the lack of spin makes shuffling very hard.

I've experimented  with different hand positions. Such as holding the sticks side by side like, |  |
and horizontal like __  ___

And also a mix like        __
                                |

and the other mix. Also, with my Left hand closer to the floor and my right hand higher up, or keeping them next to one another etc
Any tips?

5p3ak

« Reply #708 on: December 31, 2013, 05:30:20 AM »
Okay guys.

So, Its been a few years. and Now I have been practicing 3 Diabolos for a few months.
Whats happening is, sometimes when I open it is flawless and I can shuffle a good 30 seconds or so.
But most of the time the 2 diabolos in the string tend to get out of alignment, or don't "Flash" so it crumbles.
I have been trying the wrap start again just to see whats up with my opening. It is slightly more consistent and its "Flashes" open wider.

I've experimented  with different hand positions. Such as holding the sticks side by side like, |  |

|

and the other mix. Also, with my Left hand closer to the floor and my right hand higher up, or keeping them next to one another etc
Any tips?

lack of spin making it hard?  :o

I've been training my shuffle with stop over/trapeze/whatever-its-called and it been so far so good manage around 15-20otts average atm.

I think if lack of spin making it hard you should use your dominant hand more? Press harder but not faster? Or you can learn to do quick acceleration(not sure how to name it) it's when 3D shuffle and quickly accelerate 1 diabolo just for 1 pull(also not sure how to call it)
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

SebiHausi

« Reply #709 on: December 31, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »
Okay guys.

|

Any tips?

i had the exact same problem with 3 when i was learning it and and right now i have this problem with 4 ;).
to be honest i don't really know how i fixed it, i just kept practising and with time it got better and better until i could do it solid. As you have already said it is a good idea to try many different things concerning the opening to find out what works best for you.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #710 on: December 31, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
I guess Ill just keep in experimenting until my opening works!
Or I could look for alternative starts.

The stopover start. I simply cannot fathom how people do that, it's just doesn't work for me xD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #711 on: December 31, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
One more quick question, when you guys unwrap the third diabolo, do you lift your left hand or leave it in the initial position?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5p3ak

« Reply #712 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:58 AM »
One more quick question, when you guys unwrap the third diabolo, do you lift your left hand or leave it in the initial position?

There are 2 ways.

One way is like Arata's which the 3rd diabolo will go under 1 diabolo before beginning the shuffle and the other way, which is more common is when you unwrap it doesn't go under any diabolo.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #713 on: January 01, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
There are 2 ways.

One way is like Arata's which the 3rd diabolo will go under 1 diabolo before beginning the shuffle and the other way, which is more common is when you unwrap it doesn't go under any diabolo.

Ahh, Well I see that, I use the more common method.
But what I meant was, does you left hand stay stationary for the initial unwrap?
Or does it need to lift up during the initial unwrap?

5p3ak

« Reply #714 on: January 02, 2014, 12:08:20 AM »
Ahh, Well I see that, I use the more common method.
But what I meant was, does you left hand stay stationary for the initial unwrap?
Or does it need to lift up during the initial unwrap?

Well I'd say it depends on your type of shuffle.

Those that use their dominant hand only usually lift their other hand higher than the dominant hand.

Those that use Async and Sync usually flick 1 diabolo up then only unwrap.

All I can say is experiment which type fits you best. Good Luck  :-D

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #715 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:57 PM »
Well I'd say it depends on your type of shuffle.

Those that use their dominant hand only usually lift their other hand higher than the dominant hand.

Those that use Async and Sync usually flick 1 diabolo up then only unwrap.

All I can say is experiment which type fits you best. Good Luck  :-D

You just gave me a huge tip with the pop up then unwrap. I NEVER thought of that! I'll be trying it soon :)

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2014, 10:26:15 PM »
WOOOO
3-4/5 times getting the opening now!
I just figured out that pointing the right hand stick at the left and and pushing forwards it instead of moving it down gives me a nice circular shuffle! And it's more consistent!

And lowering my left hand during the hover makes it flash open nice and big! That helped me slow my arms down
2-3 more months and I should finally have 3D down! About time. 3 dang years of training finally paid off xD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5p3ak

« Reply #717 on: January 04, 2014, 07:15:35 AM »
Glad I've helped :D

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #718 on: January 24, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
My Shuffle is now Solid!
That took 2 weeks. Wow. I'm surprised how fast that was!

So, Now I'm working on tricks. These are a whole new beast to tame. I thought 42 was gonna be easy peesy.. Ditto suns.
I was so wrong. The only 2 tricks I can somewhat land are 2 variants of the double arm stall, and almost a fts 2-3. The shuffle collapses a tad after the 3 sun, but I'll work on it :)

5p3ak

« Reply #719 on: January 25, 2014, 04:47:48 AM »
My Shuffle is now Solid!
That took 2 weeks. Wow. I'm surprised how fast that was!

So, Now I'm working on tricks. These are a whole new beast to tame. I thought 42 was gonna be easy peesy.. Ditto suns.
I was so wrong. The only 2 tricks I can somewhat land are 2 variants of the double arm stall, and almost a fts 2-3. The shuffle collapses a tad after the 3 sun, but I'll work on it :)

Well done!  :)

How long did you practice each day within that 2 weeks?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal