Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 221559 times)

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2010, 12:39:11 PM »
what about string size?
is it more difficult with shorter string?
I find that 3 is easier with shorter string. I dont like running 3 on long string it just feels weird for me. I find that having a consistent string length helps with all tricks/numbers. I always keep it floor to chest, sometimes a bit shorter.

luabduch

« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »
thanks guys!
I'll keep training, I think that I'm finally getting better...

=D

ImCrazy

« Reply #682 on: June 02, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
3D Help Anyone (3 Months getting hardly anywhere)

Please give some advice guys
I am getting tired of this even though I love diaboloing. Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #683 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
maybe try using 3 of the same diabolo? if you haven't noticed already, finesse and circus do not weigh the same.
Also, try using your left hand to lift up. your opening is fine just need that lift from left hand as currently its doing nothing.

ImCrazy

« Reply #684 on: June 02, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

jonasĀ²

« Reply #685 on: September 25, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »
Hi, I have problems with 3d shuffle, I'll start hover, and the combination works perfectly just the shuffle operation is very difficult for me and I wanted to ask how one starts at the beginning of the best shuffle to sync, you can give me some tips?  :-D

Przemo

« Reply #686 on: September 25, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
I have just mastered my hover enter, but i have following problem: i have my arms wide and far from each other, but when i try to throw my diab from left side they just go more to right side than up and they fly too high from my right stick. I just cant get that motion with my left hand - throwing diabs up. I have string lenght up to chest, do you know what can couse a problem? I'll try to put a vid in few days.

totof

« Reply #687 on: October 11, 2011, 08:17:26 AM »
this realy help me :) i think it can help you too ;)
3 Diabolos Tutorial Re-edited - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #688 on: October 19, 2011, 02:32:55 AM »
I need to do physical therapy for a few weeks and stop juggling so that doesn't stress my shoulders. How much will my shuffle progress degrade? My record now is somewhere over 40, and I do sync.
fluffy kitty

Przemo

« Reply #689 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
Ok, there will be no video since i have problems with it, but i noticed some progress. At my best treys i can do up to 13 otts, but sooner or later they go out of order. My breakpoint was to discover that right hand is important.
Question: should my right hand move rather vertical or horizontal? Cose right now it moves very horizontal and my shuffle is really wide.

Mushi98

« Reply #690 on: October 20, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »
Ok, there will be no video since i have problems with it, but i noticed some progress. At my best treys i can do up to 13 otts, but sooner or later they go out of order. My breakpoint was to discover that right hand is important.
Question: should my right hand move rather vertical or horizontal? Cose right now it moves very horizontal and my shuffle is really wide.

it depends if you are doing an asynch or synch shuffle?
with asynch, it should move vertical, and with synch it moves in something between vertical and horizontal, look at 3d synch shuffles at videos on youtube, its hard to explain.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #691 on: October 21, 2011, 02:29:18 AM »
LEFT HAND is much more important than the right hand, especially when you're learning.  Both hands always move vertical in any shuffle with any number of diabolos, unless you're doing 3 or more using only your right hand. THEN it moves vertical, but a little sideways. I do sync and my record is about 100 otts.

fluffy kitty

Christl

« Reply #692 on: March 02, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
Hey there, I'm trying on 3D for a couple of months now but it still doesn't get better than this. I hope you can tell me what I should/could do better.

For the Spanish people: Please don't take the lyrics in the song seriously, the artists are extremely ironic and critical. I don't want you to think I was a verbal enemy of Christmas and Christians, I just like the Spanish accent.^^

Some bad 3D tries... - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Cheers!

Sam 1060

« Reply #693 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
Hi I have no idea what ur doing wrong but I am also learning n It seems that there r no good tutorials on 3d starts or am I just missing them

tyson_11

« Reply #694 on: March 03, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
it took me a while before i fully understood how to open the wrap properly, even after i had a somewhat solid shuffle. this video helped me the most when learning 3.

3D Tutorial Reedited

hope it helped.

Sam 1060

« Reply #695 on: March 03, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
Ye I fort I seen it some where but when I did I was no good at 2d so forgot where I saw it thanks a lot

totof

« Reply #696 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
@ christl : i said it on jtv :
your start is perfect but your right hand isn't enought activate... make a sync shuffle, your right hand moves in the same time than the right !
bye

for me i can make an hover and an async shuffle during 6-7 otts ... but no more !
i film it !
youtube :
3low attempts 3
juggling.tv :
3low attempts 3 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

please help me !

Mediaboy13

« Reply #697 on: May 04, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
This was originally a reply to this post - http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=9712.0 then after getting a message for a more detailed version I decided to make a new topic. I included both posts below -

Hi all!
ORIGINAL REPLY
I am currently learning 3D my self.
Many people say the wrap start is the easiest, but what i find easy is a trapeze start (similar to a 3 high throw start) basically you get 2 diabolos going well speed and perfectly corrected (for any start both diabolos need to be almost perfectly corrected) get into a trapeze with one of the diabolos. Pass the trapezed stick into your other hand with a 45 degree angle between sticks. The throw the 3rd diabolo up with your hand ( any throw, doesn't matter as long as it is straight like the other diabolos, try and spin it too) next you unwrap the trapeze as the diabolo hits the string (if you want 3 low) or straight after you throw the diabolo (for 3 high).
Extended Reply:
I personally think 3 low would be easier than to learn unless your gold at 2 high (i'm not).
I usually unwrap the trapeze straight after I release my hand from the 3rd diabolo I have just thrown and usually it will land in the 2D shuffle and become a 3D shuffle if your timing is right (it takes time, I still havn't fully figured it out for myself). If one diabolo falls off as the 3rd one hits the string, that is normal and the main reason is because the throw was probably a little crooked. If this happens just practice throwing one diabolo up in the air the way you would to start three, then try do a 2D trapeze start (trapeze with one diabolo on the string, throw the second diabolo up and see how it goes), it also  helps if you can do a normal throw start (not "fast" or "antifast" start). For the second method your string should be of good length (around chest-neck height or even head if you want). When you throw the 3rd diabolo up DO NOT unwrap the trapeze. Let it hit the right side of the string (if right handed or left side for left handed) and you should be doing a 2D shuffle with the 3rd diabolo trapezed. This may feel strange  at first but you should get the hang of it (it also helps if you can do 2 in one hand because it feels similar, but it's not essential). Finally unwrap the trapeze. This will feel slighty different than unwrapping a trapeze with 2 diabolos but it should have the same effect. You may have to make your shuffle faster (by moving your hands faster) but remember 3 Diabolo takes time to master, some people get it quicker than others but don't give up! This start can be used for 3 high but it is slightly harder. Either unwrap the trapeze straight after the throw but throw the diabolo up as if you were doing 2 high (you will have to move slightly quicker) or you can do the same by waiting for the diabolo to hit the string before unwrapping the trapeze. Final tip - Whatever way you prefer you can also use this method to get into a wrap start. Just do the trapeze method the way you prefer but slip the trapeze off the front of your stick (it should be in a wrap) then you can easily hover or unwrap immediately.

Sorry for length of reply  :-D and I hope that helps!
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #698 on: May 04, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »
@thisusername

Rather than fragmenting discussion on 3d starts further, I've merged them into (what has become) the omnibus thread on 3d start issues.

@ -Eric- (from this topic: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=9712.0):

This thread, which is about 35 page long at this stage, is probably your best resource for reading about 3d problems and issues. Take a look at haosone's links as well:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=38.0
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=267.0

Mediaboy13

« Reply #699 on: May 04, 2012, 02:33:43 PM »
@thisusername

Rather than fragmenting discussion on 3d starts further, I've merged them into (what has become) the omnibus thread on 3d start issues.

@ -Eric- (from this topic: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=9712.0):

This thread, which is about 35 page long at this stage, is probably your best resource for reading about 3d problems and issues. Take a look at haosone's links as well:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=38.0
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=267.0
Okay, i will keep that in mind for the future. Thanks Duncan  ;), now i am off to practice 3D.
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal