Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 228080 times)

AznnBoyaZ

Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »
Not much. Like maybe 40 mins every other day? Its been busy haha!
But lately I've had much more time. FTS 2-3 is getting easier. I'm surprised that I went from a very unreliable hover and maybe 5-10 otts to 100 in a month! Im looking for my most comfortable shuffle style now. Currently its an async, both sticks facing forward, left hand raised to keep the shuffle small
It looks nicer.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #721 on: January 27, 2014, 02:32:51 AM »
Any tips for wrap/hover accelerations?
And Corrections. I can't seem to Correct properly haha!

kyoflow16

« Reply #722 on: January 27, 2014, 04:06:06 AM »
Any tips for wrap/hover accelerations?
And Corrections. I can't seem to Correct properly haha!

i cant correct 3d very well either :P
for hover acceleration, its a matter of timing so the wrapped diabolo doesnt hit the other two shuffling underneath. the timing will also help the 2d shuffle continue. when you first start doing hovers, use your left hand to help the 2d shuffle from collapsing. then once you're comfortable enough, you can rely on just your right hand to both accelerate and to manage the 2d shuffle.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #723 on: January 27, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »
i cant correct 3d very well either :P
for hover acceleration, its a matter of timing so the wrapped diabolo doesnt hit the other two shuffling underneath. the timing will also help the 2d shuffle continue. when you first start doing hovers, use your left hand to help the 2d shuffle from collapsing. then once you're comfortable enough, you can rely on just your right hand to both accelerate and to manage the 2d shuffle.
Oh geez, I'm so bad it timing things xD
I guess I shall start the process! I'll try the wrap acceleration first.
Using the Hover to Correct was my idea xD

5p3ak

« Reply #724 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
Not much. Like maybe 40 mins every other day? Its been busy haha!
But lately I've had much more time. FTS 2-3 is getting easier. I'm surprised that I went from a very unreliable hover and maybe 5-10 otts to 100 in a month! Im looking for my most comfortable shuffle style now. Currently its an async, both sticks facing forward, left hand raised to keep the shuffle small
It looks nicer.

Sweet.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

JT

« Reply #725 on: February 28, 2014, 02:19:46 AM »
Hey AznnBoyaZ.

You seem to be at the same stage with 3D as I am. :D
I got it solid a few weeks ago and have been working on tricks. Tyson_11 has been giving me some pointers.
Ive found I can 'Do' most of the easy tricks - suns, 42suns, 2-3fts etc. However continuing the shuffle after these is the hard part for me. I think we have figured out why and it might help for you as well.

There are two main reasons:
- When I shuffle I was primarily using my arms and keeping my wrist tense and straight. This worked fine for the shuffle, but when it came to doing tricks, it didnt give me much control over the diabolos. Ive started using my wrists more and I just have a better feel of the whole thing in general (although I have to relearn suns because they feel different, but it should pay off).
-Also, althought I could do an async shuffle, I realised there is a difference between doing an asynch shuffle where the sticks move alternating rather then together, and an asynch shuffle where you have independant control of each hand. I assume this comes with time, but its definately something worth being aware of.
I havent seen a video of your shuffle but hopefully some of this helps :D Any extra input should be good. Im looking forward to when 3D is as comfortable as 2D.

Regarding corrections:
I can't correct in a shuffle, although I can correct the wrapped diabolo while doing a hover, by tapping it. I didnt find this too difficult as I was comfortable doing it with 2D. My plan is now to get a shuffle to hover down (I think its actually fairly tricky), which means I should be able to correct any diabolo in my shuffle, and maintain high speeds.
Totally the way to go.

Jordan

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #726 on: February 28, 2014, 02:31:18 AM »
Super agreed Jordan!

I figured out the wrists recently too, I seem to only be able to do 42 to armstall, an almost feed the sun and a regular armstall
I'll figure out the rest eventually! haha

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2014, 11:55:31 PM »
First time posting in a very long time, but i've finally figured out the nuances of the start that gets the shuffle going well enough to maintain, and i have a solid shuffle that i can get to last about 50 OTT, but what happens is the diabolos tend to tilt toward me,any tips to maintaining proper string tension in order to avoid this?
can't believe its not butter

maxx9r

« Reply #728 on: May 04, 2014, 06:26:37 PM »
i think correcting diabolos during a 3d shuffle really depends on the style of your shuffle, im not able to correct while shuffleing.... i always switch to hover to correct a diabolo :S

mayb its because of my hard pushes with right, so its kind complicated to correct them while those hard pushes .....

and yeah playing with wrist techniques can be really usefull, sometimes when im really comfortable, i do "10-11 o clock" pushes with my left wrist and ill get a really nice pressure on the shuffle.... i dont know it doesnt work every day , normally i only do wrist pushes with my right hand
SICK WIT IT !!!

MBg4

« Reply #729 on: May 04, 2014, 11:34:59 PM »
Well, since this forum is back I need help.
I can get the right wrap opening timing 50% of the time, but my shuffle goes too big. After maybe 2 ott, the diabolos go too far to the right and miss the string. I'm using an asynchronous shuffle, but is a synchronous easier?

kyoflow16

« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2014, 12:01:48 AM »
First time posting in a very long time, but i've finally figured out the nuances of the start that gets the shuffle going well enough to maintain, and i have a solid shuffle that i can get to last about 50 OTT, but what happens is the diabolos tend to tilt toward me,any tips to maintaining proper string tension in order to avoid this?

i'm not sure if this is a problem with string tension, but rather that your shuffle isn't completely "flat". like the circular pattern should stay on a flat plane that is parallel to your body, and if not it causes the diabolo to tilt.

Well, since this forum is back I need help.
I can get the right wrap opening timing 50% of the time, but my shuffle goes to big. After maybe 3 ott, the diabolos go too far to the right and miss the string. I'm using an asynchronous shuffle, but is a synchronous easier?

pick whichever shuffle feels the most natural to you. in taiwan we learn ansyc first, then we often switch to one handed sync to save energy for those long practice sessions. also, having a large shuffle is a good thing, much better than starting with a collapsing shuffle. if your diabolos are going too far to the right, try lifting your left hand more to the left. it'll cause the diabolos to go up more than to the right.

TomasCZ

« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:29 PM »
Please tell me what I do wrong, I've filmed myself and here is the video:
3D attempts on Vimeo

I've also watched aussiediabolo's tutorial on how to do 3D. I know I have to do a big and slow shuffle, but I don't know how to get into that :(

Timo

« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2014, 07:30:55 PM »
Please tell me what I do wrong, I've filmed myself and here is the video:
3D attempts on Vimeo

I've also watched aussiediabolo's tutorial on how to do 3D. I know I have to do a big and slow shuffle, but I don't know how to get into that :(
I think you should also move your left hand/arm at least a bit, and don't hold it so high I think :)

TomasCZ

« Reply #733 on: July 20, 2014, 08:19:08 AM »
Yeah, I also realised that my left hand is not moving at all  :embarassed: .

Timo

« Reply #734 on: July 21, 2014, 12:08:35 AM »
Also, I think it's better to learn the synchronous shuffle first because I tried to learn the asynchronous shuffle first and I was just stuck, there were like no progress (For many weeks).
Then I started to learn the synchronous shuffle and then I started to get better (Not extreamly fast, but normal I think)
After ~5 months I could play really well the 3D synchronous shuffle, but I couldn't do any tricks, only a little bit 3D Sun.
I hope this wasn't to much text for a tip :D

TomasCZ

« Reply #735 on: July 21, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »
I think Its because 3D beginners just try to do the asynch shuffle incredibly fast.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #736 on: July 21, 2014, 08:23:12 PM »
you don't have to do a big and slow shuffle like aussiediabolo, for me it was the opposite thing, when I focused more on the right hand I mad more progress. The main thing is try to be relaxed, but not so relaxed that it doesn't work
fluffy kitty

Timo

« Reply #737 on: July 22, 2014, 12:30:03 AM »
you don't have to do a big and slow shuffle like aussiediabolo, for me it was the opposite thing, when I focused more on the right hand I mad more progress. The main thing is try to be relaxed, but not so relaxed that it doesn't work
Yes, I was always reading: "Concentrate on your left hand (If you're right handed)", but then I recorded me and I saw that my right hand wasn't moving :D
So, just practice how you feel like :)

ASamJ2K

« Reply #738 on: November 16, 2014, 06:59:50 AM »
My problem is just the shuffle, I can hover w/correct timing. but when I shuffle one of theme just sits there looking dumb. I have been working on it for eight months and how did Austin get it in two weeks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Dsb09lzYU
 :P
Diabolo lets me be me

Timo

« Reply #739 on: November 16, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »
I have been working on it for eight months and how did Austin get it in two weeks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Dsb09lzYU
 :P
Yeah, when I saw this video I didn'd belive him. I mean, I practiced like everyday, sometimes many hours, and I got it in like 6 months a bit.
I don't exactly want to say that he's lying but than he would have had to be like extremelygood in 1 and 2 Diabolos. And he's the only one I know who says he got it in under 1 month.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal