Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 224748 times)

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »
Yup.  The big thing for me was splitting everything into variables I felt I could understand, control and replicate.  I wouldn't claim that I can do all that perfectly even though my 3 is solid, but thinking of it in that way works.  But it takes time and effort.  'Unwrap as one leaves the string' is useless advice to someone who hasn't put enough work in yet for them to be able to manage the amount of control that is required.  You really do have to work on it a lot.  Well, you don't have to,  you could put the same time into something far more interesting.

« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
I think i have the timing down. Now it's just when I unwrap, the diabolo I unwrap gets out of line nd falls out of the shuffle. Sometimes I'll have 2 diabolos come out. What do you suggest I do to prevent this? Should I try something with my left hand?

greg3008

« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »
Once again  ;D

Hi all,

after a lot of training, i managed to accelerate the third diabolo but I still have a problem to introduce it well and of course to shuffle with 3 d!
The video : Here  8)

Can you see what are the matters?

Thanks !!
GReg

Ethan

« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »
well seeing how im not the best at 3D im probably not the best person to hear from, but there are a couple things i have learned from Al, and other diaboloist while learning 3D, your not feeling the shuffle, most of the time it looked like you were just moving your hands randomly just to get the diabolo over to the other side, plus try to use more of both hands, your just puhing it down with your right hand, but you also need to push it up and over with your left hand so they dont collapse, that is all.

holy long post.....
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

greg3008

« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »
Thanks Ethan for you quick answer! ;)

you're right when you say that i'm not feeling the shuffle. For me the diabolos turned (circled) to quickly to see what hand has to move and how.

So Do I need to be more calm ^^ ? Or not to accelerate so much my diabs ? Or the diabs have a good speed?

Thanks a lot!

Greg

Patience... :D

monkiatzu

« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2008, 03:34:38 AM »
i think you should relax a bit, and try a different shuffle such as async or sync?
i like how you can accelerate the third, thats great :) and very helpful i supose.
i cant do three but ive seen a lot of videos
your doing great though :)
keep practising
ps. i hope you dont hit her person in the hammock lol
(or do i... MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHA)
ehem
lol
good luck

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »
You should remember that a 3d shuffle is NOT like a faster 2d shuffle. It strikes me that at times it looks like your trying to force 2 diabolos to shuffle with three on the string, so one slowly sinks towards the middle. Your left hand tends to run away, which works for a while, but then that brings the right hand up with it, which makes things awkward. Your left hand needs to lift and then come down again to do the next lift, not keep moving upwards. Feels a bit unnnatural at first, but it has to come down at some point. If you're going for asych try exaggerating the movements, that seemed to help me.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

greg3008

« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
Very precious replies!!!  ;)

Thanks a lot, You're right when you say that i must relax a bit ^^
I practice every day ... again and again :)
I want to shuffle with 3D.

I'll try to concentrate on my left hand first of all and then if my practice doesn't work i will try differents shuffles to see if it works better...

PS. to monkiatzu : the little boy recieved a diabolo on his right shoulder when i became angry against my diabs  ;D ;D. But I won't show it ^^

See you
Greg

yonm13

« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »
You Hover (accelerate the 3rd diabolo) for a really long time.
By giving the 3rd diabolo such a great speed, you actually make him harder to control. Try unwraping earlier.
Then, RELAX. As people said before me, you are extremely anxious when attempting 3D.
Relaxing won't make your shuffle work better immediately. You'll probably do much worse in the beginning, but whenever you improve your shuffle, it'll be correct and possible to control.
Good luck!
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Robski

« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
Hey Greg here are some tips for you:
1. Most of the time you are opening the wrap as if it is a speedpull. You should open the wrap with nice and relaxed circular motion of the hand.
2. Try to use mainly your strong hand while hovering and opening, because when you open the wrap, one of the diabolos jumps out of the pattern (because you are making it jump by using your weak hand), try to find it in the video.
3. I think you should reduce the speed of the diabolos since it is harder to control them when they are going too fast.

I had the same problem as you have, but the tips I gave you helped me alot during my 3d learning.
I hope you will learn it fast, good luck!

allsoppy5

« Reply #350 on: September 10, 2008, 04:46:19 PM »
I still cannot get it  >:(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTUeriTbO4

Help please!!!

yitavd

« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
Hi.
It seems that you don't open the warp well yet.
you should first try to get a good opening every time you try and only after it start shuffling.
I guess that you know the time that you should open the warp from tutorials , you just need some workout.
after you get a good opening try to push the diabolos and then lift with the left hand.
i think that it's easier to start with sync but do what you feel is good for you.
3d isn't easy but I'm sure you'll get there soon.
good luck.

allsoppy5

« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2008, 05:18:37 PM »
I have been trying for nearly 4 months!! And what is sync and assync? And i sorta know when to let the 3rd one out the wrap but i never get it right.
Thanks

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #353 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
4 months is nothing. be patient.
async and sync have been explained SO many times that i am going to let you find out for yourself. have you never watched videos of different 3d styles?
and also, your video is very good. it has slow mo and everything. surely from a good video like that you can look at your shuffle yourself and by common sense work out what you have to do? i would have loved to have a video like that of me when i was learning. it makes it obvious what you are doing wrong.

SEARCH

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2008, 09:39:43 PM »
When you unwrap pull up with your left hand, this should part the other diabolos correctly, its what works for me anyway, dont worry about style yet, do what feels comfortable for now, i find that for 3 diabolo to run with any sort of control you need to work alot on your left hand, lifting the diabolos accross, its not like 2 Diabolo, they wont go by themselves. Good luck, ive never gotten past 20 ott, but im getting there.

allsoppy5

« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »
4 months is nothing. be patient.
async and sync have been explained SO many times that i am going to let you find out for yourself. have you never watched videos of different 3d styles?
and also, your video is very good. it has slow mo and everything. surely from a good video like that you can look at your shuffle yourself and by common sense work out what you have to do? i would have loved to have a video like that of me when i was learning. it makes it obvious what you are doing wrong.

SEARCH

Really i can't be bothered to search through 30 pages! and the search diabolo.ca search is terrible.
lol

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2008, 05:35:19 PM »
if you can't be bothered, then you obviously don't want to learn 3d enough.
the reason that the thread is so big is thanks to people like you that have that attitude, and can't be bothered to read.

allsoppy5

« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2008, 05:37:42 PM »
if you can't be bothered, then you obviously don't want to learn 3d enough.
the reason that the thread is so big is thanks to people like you that have that attitude, and can't be bothered to read.

lol ok also alot of people want to learn 3 diabolos =P

allsoppy5

« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2008, 05:38:34 PM »
Asynch and synch are the motion your hands are moving.

Synch- Your hands move up and down at the same time. Have a look at Trash's 3D pattern.
Asynch- Your hands move up and down at different times. Have a look at Basptiste's 3D pattern.

Remember, unwrap the diabolo as soon one diabolo leaves the string. You want them both to fly up.

Haha! found it =P

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »
A quick search for 'asynch synch' in the search box at the top also brought up this useful thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal