Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 224375 times)

mykill

Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #420 on: November 13, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
em...
im not sure.
i keep two in one hand using momentum not my hands.
when this happens they sometimes go off the same plane and fall apart.
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

omeras828

« Reply #421 on: November 13, 2008, 02:54:06 PM »
what is the first 3 diabolo tricks to learn?

JJesse

« Reply #422 on: November 13, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
Left sun?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: November 13, 2008, 04:09:19 PM »
what is the first 3 diabolo tricks to learn?
Left sun?

Probably won't hurt to try and fuss out how to do a sun early on. The basic tricks to try would be around the leg and some siteswaps (42, 441). Another simple trick would be learning how to move from all types of shuffles into the other ones. Try going from a Trash-like shuffle to a Baptiste-like shuffle to a Ryo-like shuffle - its a good exercise at least.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #424 on: November 13, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
Acceleration was top of my list, but i learnt on finesses where spin can be more of an issue than with some heavier diabs (i find at least).  And thats if you count acceleration as a "trick".
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #425 on: November 13, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »
Sun to armstall/double armstall was my first 3D trick, but i havnt been doing 3D very long, working on 3D sun at the moment, the exit is so hard.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2008, 01:42:16 AM »
Well it's 4 years later and I still can't do a sun to armstall or even a regular sun... so to each his own. Please dear god, someone help me.  :-|

I remember 441 (throw 2 a bit higher) was the first thing I got. Then 42. Once you get that, things get a lot easier.

kurrygrodan

« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2008, 07:01:18 PM »
i have a simple 3 diabolo problem... when i put the third diabolo in the wrap one of the other diabolos just leaves the string, what's the problem? the diabolos are exactly in line when i put the third in. but i guess that this is just a moment of training problem though :-|
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurrygrodan - Show dat channel some love!

mykill

« Reply #428 on: November 14, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »
i have a simple 3 diabolo problem... when i put the third diabolo in the wrap one of the other diabolos just leaves the string, what's the problem? the diabolos are exactly in line when i put the third in. but i guess that this is just a moment of training problem though :-|

i have the same problem when i open mine. its because your pulling the string back.
but can anybody help me with getting 3D started after i put it on the string? it just doesnt work :(
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
i have the same problem when i open mine. its because your pulling the string back.
but can anybody help me with getting 3D started after i put it on the string? it just doesnt work :(

Have you taken a look at this thread you've just posted in? There's at least 3 to 4 years worth of advice sitting on the first few pages ;).

dcorning

« Reply #430 on: November 18, 2008, 02:43:10 AM »
Ok. Here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waAFzQzH1_k

This is with about 5-6 months practice, at roughly 15 minutes average practice a day.
At this rate I might be pulling tricks off in 5 years :)

Any suggestions?

monkiatzu

« Reply #431 on: November 18, 2008, 06:46:38 AM »
im still learning 3 as well but i think your start is a bit messy, i think you should unwrap faster, but you can leave the diabolo on the string in you hand
so basically what i am saying is get the 2 spinning right, then wrap in the third but dont unwrap, keep your hand on it.
if the other 2 diabolos are about to hit you just lift your right stick up a bit
spin the diabolo thats wrapped and unwrap the second one diabolo is about to leave the left side of the 2D suffle.
understand it takes a lot of practise
but your doing well

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #432 on: November 19, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Nice paintings!

I was thinking the same thing about the late start. Although I've been trying to decide if it's a problem or not. You are waiting a beat longer than most people between when you let go of the diabolo and you unwrap. This means the diabolo starts much further down the string. That said... I'm not sure if it's a problem or just different. I'm sure you could get a clean start that way. Whether it's making it harder, I'm not sure.

The biggest problem I see is that your left hand ends up really high and the diabolos really spaced out. This is going to make it harder to get the pattern going cleanly. See the attached frames.

If anything, I'd try and make the unwrap-start slower, but smaller and subtler. I think I've explained it before like tipping a giant tea cup. If everything is timed right it can be incredibly, slow, subtle, and small. Right hand goes down and in, left hand tilts to the right, both hands stay relatively evenly spaced at all times.

As for keeping it going - think of your left hand lifting and make it really big, early, and obvious. I think it's easiest if you make it big and slow so you can wrap your mind around it at first.

Then again... my advice is probably better had in person - so come out on a Thursday!

dcorning

« Reply #433 on: November 24, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
Hey Sean,
Your tea cup analogy has worked very well for launching. Keeping the hand movements equal and opposite; left hand slightly up, right hand slightly down.
This has actually solved the timing problem, so the two mistakes I was making were probably due to the same movement.
Now my launches are good almost every time! Next step: shuffle.
Thanks again,
DC

dcorning

« Reply #434 on: November 24, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »
I have a question regarding accelerating the one wrapped diabolo before unwrapping (as seen in the video below: this isn't me, i just found it in youtube)
Every time I try to accelerate the 1d, it kills the shuffle of the other 2d. Is there a trick to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IucL1Yz2Zg4

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #435 on: November 24, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
I'm a bad person to give advice on this, because besides 3d suns, this has been the bane of my existence. Nonetheless, here are 3 threads that might help. One of which is a tutorial vid.
3D Wrap Hover need help!
3d speedpulls
[Tutorial] New 3 Diabolo + Hover Start.. As Promised.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #436 on: November 25, 2008, 09:06:44 AM »
How do you do 2 diabolos in one hand? I can't keep the shuffle going in one hand.. Could I get some advice?  :)

yonm13

« Reply #437 on: November 25, 2008, 07:45:37 PM »
Thanks Sean, I thought nobody ever watched that tutorial.. I've just updated the page and it now links to the improved version (was made tons of time ago)
I hope this helps.
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Olive

« Reply #438 on: November 26, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »
@ Zwiggelbig, try and "feel the beat" of the two diabs shuffling, moving your hand slightly up and down. You'll take a while to get used to them shuffling and your movement will get smaller with a bit of practise, try and get as much speed as you can on both of your diabolos and then try one handed for a few cycles of the shuffle. After a few beats go back to both hands, if it looks like it's going to collapse go back to two hands. Keep practicing, try and keep it going in one hand a little longer each time. Good luck with 3!

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #439 on: November 26, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »
How do you do 2 diabolos in one hand? I can't keep the shuffle going in one hand.. Could I get some advice?  :)

What he^ said. But I think it is easier if you just pratice on a synch shuffle with 2 hands. When you have that down you can start doing a synch shuffle with 2 hands, slowly move the sticks to each other and continue with both the sticks in 1 hand.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal