Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 224754 times)

Green

Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2009, 02:31:14 AM »
could anyone please tell me what's wrong with my three diabolo low? don't know why i can't catch the coming diabolos...Three diabolo low practice: help!! please give me some advice!
i think maybe my problems are unwrapping timing is wrong, using too much force of left hand and unwrapping too hard... i'm not sure whether i tip the giant tea cup right or not... so really need you guys' advice and help... Thank you very much.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #521 on: April 02, 2009, 03:01:43 AM »
I think you've got the timing down nicely. 2 things.

(1) It looks to me like the 2 diabolos that start on the string might be going a bit too fast. They should have just enough speed for a single sprinkler. Nothing more.

(2) Your start looks far too forceful. I think you've sort of got the "tea cup" thing going, but on top of it you're putting in 2 or 3 times as much force as is necessary. The whole tea cup analogy is that your hands stay approximately the same distance apart from each other and rather than backwrapping with force and launching the other diabolo with your left hand, you simple tip your hands. You'd be surprised how subtle the motion can be. I'd say you can do it with as little as 20cm of motion. This will keep that first diabolo from getting launched so high and out of control. Think of having a bar attaching your 2 hands. Then they can't move independently. Then just tip the whole thing to the right at the correct moment.

Green

« Reply #522 on: April 03, 2009, 12:59:34 AM »
Thanks a lot, Sean. looks like i've misunderstood the tea cup theory...(so sad) i'll try the new method today, hope i can get it work soon.

Terminator

« Reply #523 on: May 01, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »
I got my first orbiters today but I was wondering: is there a certain hand movement to three?

yonm13

« Reply #524 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
Yep, and it is something that can hardly be explained. You'd have to figure it out yourself.
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #525 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
Yep, and it is something that can hardly be explained. You'd have to figure it out yourself.

I think this is very much not true. Left hand lifts, right hand pushes (supposing you're spinning clockwise) The timing and stick/hand positioning is something that is not so univocal.

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #526 on: May 12, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
I think this is very much not true. Left hand lifts, right hand pushes (supposing you're spinning clockwise) The timing and stick/hand positioning is something that is not so univocal.
That is the basics of it, there is a certain feel and subtle movement to the left hand,i see it as being the same as a throw for a feed the sun, same sort of feel only much lower, more subtle and faster, its a weird feeling and you can only get it through practicing.

Green

« Reply #527 on: June 06, 2009, 10:38:26 AM »
my three diabolos practice : please help me!

my three diabolo practice, I need to go to the army in August, so maybe June and July are the last two months I can practice everyday, i hope i can learn how to use my left hand before then, so really need you guys' help, so could anyone please give me some practice advices i can follow from now on until August? Thanks for watching!

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »
You have to use both hands. At the moment, you are only using your left, try to concentrate on using both hands...that's the hard part.

Janion
Sideways is rubbish

Green

« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »
Thanks a lot, Janion. :)
You have to use both hands. At the moment, you are only using your left, try to concentrate on using both hands...that's the hard part.

Janion
But i've heard some people said that you can have 20~30 otts by only using your left hand, then you move on to use both of your hands. I don't know what i heard is true or not... So from now on i should focus on both of my hands?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #530 on: June 07, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »
Yes, you can use the left hand only until the slowest one falls off, but it's a bit unstable. You need to concentrate on the left hand to start with because that's what's a bit different. Just let your right hand do what's natural.

Green

« Reply #531 on: June 07, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »
Thanks a lot, Sean. :) still don't know what's natural for my right hand, looks like i should find it first...

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2009, 01:52:59 PM »
still don't know what's natural for my right hand
Whatever your right hand does for 2 diabolos. Just follow each diabolo down a bit as it arrives on the right. If you want to do a right hand only shuffle it requires a different aggressive motion with the right hand, but don't worry about that for now.

Green

« Reply #533 on: June 08, 2009, 04:57:27 AM »
Thanks for your advice again, Sean. :)
Whatever your right hand does for 2 diabolos. Just follow each diabolo down a bit as it arrives on the right. If you want to do a right hand only shuffle it requires a different aggressive motion with the right hand, but don't worry about that for now.
Yes, i know i should not worry about that for now, because i still can't make every diabolo arrive on the right solid, maybe that's what i should worry about...

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #534 on: June 12, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »
an other boring 3dlow practice video!
Intentos 3diabolos (3dias)

any suggestion?thanks for watching!!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #535 on: June 12, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »
I'm wondering one thing atm.

Should the hand motions be like 2 times faster like you do with normal 2d?

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #536 on: June 13, 2009, 07:17:03 PM »
A little update. Despite quite some comments on my choice of the hover start to learn 3d I've continued to use this start...

I feel that I improved a little since last time. The unwrap feels a little more controlled and solid. I've been trying to correct my own mistakes but I feel like I can use some more help, any thoughts, tips, ideas etc. are welcome!

Untitled
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »
Much better, you opening looks weird to me, but its obviously working for you. Your left hand use is improving alot, although you seem to be pushing accross rather than up, try to shuffle bigger, your rushing alot, your hands are moving to fast, if you make the shuffle bigger you wont have to move as fast. But you are getting very close to it now! very close, i think in 3 months you'll have a shuffle.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #538 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »
marijn looks to be in the exact same boat as me
can't believe its not butter

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #539 on: June 14, 2009, 03:26:55 AM »
Its certainly getting there. Its a little bit more solid than my attempts with 4.
Moar style.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal