Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 238829 times)

GuiZ

Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #540 on: June 14, 2009, 05:24:13 AM »
it's getting pretty good marijn(i remember the other video..)

i'm like you..but you can do hover..i can't.
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

mykill

« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2009, 02:32:27 AM »
Im where everybody else is probably (actually behind)
i can SOMETIMES get it open but 1 diab rests in the middle of the string will the other two orbit and then it falls apart after they go over the top twice. its like this

O    O   <these two move
   O <this one is just stationary on the string O.o

anybody know whats wrong with my fail 3D? ill get a video ASAP :D
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Terminator

« Reply #542 on: June 28, 2009, 03:49:56 AM »
orbiters.

Bizzat1

« Reply #543 on: June 28, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »
I'm wondering one thing atm.

Should the hand motions be like 2 times faster like you do with normal 2d?

Surely not, a shuffle that had your hands moving twice as fast would be doing * in theory* a 4 diabolo shuffle which is as big as a 2 diabolo shuffle right?

3d shuffles arent quite that fast as they often make up for the extra diabolo by being a larger shuffle

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #544 on: July 08, 2009, 08:05:54 PM »
here is where i am...currently.

skip about 30 seconds in because i couldnt edit the file. my camera broke so i had to use my sisters
3 diabolo is getting better
can't believe its not butter

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #545 on: July 08, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »
3d isn't 2d. Your start was good but your hands are stuck in the timing of 2d, try widening your arms, lifting the shuffle up a bit and speeding up your arms so that they are in time with the shuffle.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #546 on: July 08, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
you should use yours sisters camera more. the quality seems better.
You're still in the 2d rhythm, yeah. focus on popping/pushing each diabolo around as opposed to just flicking.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #547 on: July 09, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »
ok, thanks guys. i'll widen my arms and try and push instead of flick...got it
can't believe its not butter

GuiZ

« Reply #548 on: July 09, 2009, 02:26:42 AM »
Hey guys, can someone tell me what to do when the shuffle gets smaller and smaller with the time, and then diabolos crash?
I have this problem...the shuffle goes right, but it becomes smaller and smaller...and my arms get closer too...i think...(sometimes i see and the position of my arms was the same until they crash.)
Please, help!I wanna 3d :) i'll train it HARD, no ..VEERY HARD.
my camera is charging, maybe tomorrow i'll record some attempts.
Thanks!

GuiZ

thewu

« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »
GuiZ: having not reached that stage yet, you shouldn't trust my suggestion. :) but, I think you may not be lifting the diabolos up enough with your non-dominant hand as they go across the top.

So, I've went through this monster thread (yes, all 46 pages) and started working on 3d, and I think I've gotten the wrap start. However, before I move on, I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly (not to develop bad habits before it's too late, you know ;) ). Like, is the timing right? Are all 3 diabolos coming into the right places before the shuffle starts? (I have a strong feeling that it isn't...)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aHSnclGEjJc

Thanks!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
Yeh there was potential for a shuffle coming from that start definitely. However when you start the shuffle, your hands move closer together which makes the shuffle collapse.

Also its pretty bad practice to wrap the diabolo in with your left hand unless you can do hover accelerations because it doesn't give much speed.

thewu

« Reply #551 on: July 23, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
Hi Ben, thanks for the advice. Totally working on training myself to start w/ my dominant hand. :)

Also, I read back in the topic that when we wrap start, two diabolos should leave the string. The first pops forward relatively low, and the second one should pop up higher, while the third one is unwrapped. I'm not quite getting this (as shown in the video), but (1) does it matter that much as far as starting and keeping the shuffle going and (2) if it does matter, how can I correct it?

Thanks again,
Eric

kurrygrodan

« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »
I recently started to practise 3 diabolos again

and it really help to stop train it and get good with two diabolos first and then start it again

now I usually always get a good opening and mostly of the time I get 5-8 otts+ ( I'm going for asynch )

the problem I think I have now is that I don't lift enough with my left hand

but you guys that now how to do it, is it much left for me now?

I would really want it before I start school again, to impress at my new school but I guess that's impossible

I tryed hover start and I got nn the first attempt but now when I have a good normal wrap start opening I guess I should not start to train all over from the beginning again
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurrygrodan - Show dat channel some love!

wagnerBCJ

« Reply #553 on: July 27, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
i need help with my aceleration with 3d, any tips???

and leaving of armstall too

Matias

« Reply #554 on: July 27, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »
i need help with my aceleration with 3d, any tips???

and leaving of armstall too

i cant do 3d but i can help you with the armstall ending. its simple when you usually do and sun to armstall, if you go to hover directly from there you will get a rfw(right front wrap) and youll have to do a vortex, the thing is you need to change the side of the stick cause when you are in the armstall you have youre hand in the front so you just put it in the back. hard to explain but see how you undestand anything of that

luabduch

« Reply #555 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:11 PM »
MAtias is saying to turn an armstall in a stick trap or in a finger stall, I guess he could understand...

wagnerBCJ

« Reply #556 on: July 28, 2009, 01:52:06 AM »
i know that, but im saying leaving for a armstall with leg stall or a double armstall.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #557 on: July 28, 2009, 04:30:43 AM »
if u can get a right wrap with you armstalled one then just pop the left diabolo up while wrapping the stalled one and sending that under and it should go back into the normal pattern.

Josh

GuiZ

« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »
Today i've filmed some 3 diabolos attempts.
Tips?Help?i'm training hard for it!
:D

3 diabolos attempts.

Toddyupa

« Reply #559 on: November 15, 2009, 02:36:52 AM »
Hi everybody!I thought I would share to you something I found when i was training with 3D last night.

While I was training, I found that instead of thinking things like 'Move your left hand a lot' and stuff like that, I found that i wasn't really thinking at all. I found that I was simply trying, not thinking. I thought 'why am I doing this?' and then starting thinking a lot about what I was doing and was amazed to find that I went for a run of about 12, not 6 or 8 like i was before. So this is really helping me.

Just thought this could help for people like me that are learning 3D

Hamish
pretentious 12 year old

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal