Author Topic: any black string left  (Read 4448 times)

TomMiller

any black string left
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:57:49 PM »
sorry for making a thread about something from ancient years but i wanted to pm juggling for jugglers guy but his inbox was full  >:( i just wanna know if theres any black string left
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: any black string left
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »
Probably not. I asked for some and never got any, as did other people. I don't think he posts on the forum anymore.
Behind your back is your front.

TomMiller

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 02:04:44 PM »
dam i was going to buy some oh well ill just have to stick with yellow string

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »
I can't realy understand why anyone would want black string. It'd be so hard to see
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

TomMiller

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 03:09:50 PM »
i thought it would look quite good with black carbon fibres wich keep cutting the dam string >:( >:(

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:47:08 AM »
If it bothers you that much could colour your string in with a sharpie.
Donald Grant mentioned it somewhere.. Go read. Probably in this thread.  :-\
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
Wouldn't that make the string thick, gripy and hard to play with?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:53:16 AM »
Found the post from Donald

Dying string should work, but we found a quicker and easier version when we were shooting the new DVD last summer.

The studio background was totally white, so there was a fear that even fluo yellow string wouldn't show up too well on film.

The problem was solved by the simple formula of white string + permanent marker pen + Alan Blim.  Half an hour of frantic colouring in by Alan and we had enough suitably dark string for everyone.  @Miesta The string feels a little stiff at first but you soon get used to it and it also gets softer with a bit of use.

Donald

PS Just got the first copies of the DVD last week, and yes -phew- the string is visible!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Greg

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 02:10:56 AM »
Apparently i was the 1st taker on the black string offer but i never got it, or any comunications about it so i think thats all over with

k2pek2

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
i just made some last night and i have to say that 2 (glowing) shuffle is amazing with black sticks and string. once its going, its actually easy to to tricks with without being able to see the string. what i'd be interested in is actually glowing string, but i can dream on
-John

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
i just made some last night and i have to say that 2 (glowing) shuffle is amazing with black sticks and string. once its going, its actually easy to to tricks with without being able to see the string. what i'd be interested in is actually glowing string, but i can dream on
Henrys yellow is flourescent.  If you haven't seen it in the dark under UV light, you should!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 08:20:32 AM »
If you want glowing string without UV - crack a light stick on them. It'll probably screw up the string and/or axle but hey..

How cool would slack combos look like with glow string, but diabolo and sticks not visible.

Langerz..  ;)

k2pek2

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
oh i have some fluorescent yellow string and i practice in front of a small black light in my room so it looks cool, but it'd be cooler if the string was actually glowing... the glow stick idea might work haha
-John

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 01:04:41 AM »
Ok, me and my dad were talking (GASP we don't have a very good relationship) and we figured out a way to have illuminated string! Since fiber optic cable is relatively flexible why not core some florescent string with it but rough up the edges so that the light shines through the scratches on to the string, and in the tips of your light sticks have two UV LEDs and it should travel through the fiber optic cable and activated the string, but it would probably be only good for like a performance or two...
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal