Author Topic: Backstage Diabolo Practise @ La Nouba.  (Read 8363 times)

bloodxorange

Backstage Diabolo Practise @ La Nouba.
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »

fzzyrn

Re: Backstage Diabolo Practise @ La Nouba.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »
she actually called it diabolo!
the one time where it actually SHOULD have been called chinese yoyo, she called it diabolo

in short:
publicity +1, but the rest of time, publicity -2

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
omg how old r they
Supplier of Chinese yoyos

mellowscholar

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:56:19 AM »
Circ du Soleil are amazing, I really really want to see one of their shows.
I love that they had a guy on a bicycle, tiny girls with chinese yoyos and a dude running up a wall repeatedly. Brilliant.

But they really were chinese yoyos.

bloodxorange

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:24:19 AM »
The girls range in age from 8 to 10 years old. I saw La Nouba live in 2005. It was my first of 3 Cirque show's I've been to. After their work visa's granted to them from the chinese governments expire after 2 years, they have them renewed and then they transfer into one of Cirque's globally touring shows called Quidam. After another two years in Quidam they are replaced by a new team of girls in order to keep the element of youth in the acts.

The difference between the La Nouba and Quidam acts isn't anything overly refreshing just minor arangement changes in the maneuvers and conceptualism to the act. The music to the La Nouba act is called 'Jardin Chinois' wich is french for chinese garden, in Quidam the music is 'Enfants d'acier' - children of steel, They have futuristic metalic outfits and the choreography is more automated like wind-up toys.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal