Author Topic: Yoho diabolo  (Read 4381 times)

TomerB

Yoho diabolo
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »
i'm about to buy 3 yoho diabolos.

i was looking around in the internet and found the passepasse.com selles three yohos for 58 euro.

is this the cheapest place to buy them ?

+ i don't know what's the price of sending them to israel and i don't wanna register  :D

does someone know the price of delivering to israel ?

Christopher

Re: Yoho diabolo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:49:39 PM »
I'm not so sure about the shipping rates, but the 3 yoho jumbo diabolos and a price of only 58 euro sounds attracting.  the Yoho Jumbo is one of the best diabolos to buy, but they don't have any tuning kits that make them lighter.  You might want to check out these 2 topics about the Yoho Jumbo/Diabig.
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1025.0
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1456.0

TomerB

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 03:55:39 PM »
thanks, but i'm not worried about the weight om them, i like them heavy  :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
Have you considered the flys or the sun dia suns? Having used the Yohos for a long time and now using the flys, I can see no reason to go back to the Yohos. They have a similar feeling and can have a similar weight, except that they stay straighter, are more stable, have the option of wide or narrow axle, and you can add bearings and weight kits etc. In fact, I sold my yohos not too long ago because I no longer have a use for them.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:35:14 PM »
Yes, I agree with Sean.  I should probably sell my yohos too, but I just seem to let the collection grow!

edit - But then I think I'd like them if PTFE hubs were available.  I need to do more research on that idea.  Probably too difficult/expensive to sort out.

seán_

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »
Set of 3 purple hardly used yohos for sale here too :)
2 of them are from passe passe, one I picked up as unwanted stock from a UK shop. I'll let you lot guess which one(s) weren't tightened up when bought.

They're nice enough, I'd like a mm or 2 more on the axle.

TomerB

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »
Have you considered the flys or the sun dia suns? Having used the Yohos for a long time and now using the flys, I can see no reason to go back to the Yohos. They have a similar feeling and can have a similar weight, except that they stay straighter, are more stable, have the option of wide or narrow axle, and you can add bearings and weight kits etc. In fact, I sold my yohos not too long ago because I no longer have a use for them.

well, i think i'm gonna buy sun dia or flys  :D

so what's better, short axle or wide one ?

Matt D

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:28:11 PM »
I say wide 100%. I use wide circuses and my friend uses wide finesses. I think wide is loads better, not just for grinds/finger grinds, but all around I think that wide axles are easier to use.

martijn

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »
Not really, since they make the diabolo slightly less stable. I, however, prefer wide axles myself as well.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »
Comparing wide and narrow Flys isn't really the same as comparing the two Finesse axles or the various ways of widening a Henrys Circus.  I find a wide Fly to be a lot more stable than a wide Finesse or Circus.    I still haven't tried the narrow Flys (maybe Nev will bring some to Manchester tomorrow, hint hint) but I've heard that they don't hold their speed so well.  The wide ones are fine for everything for me.

TomerB

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 10:18:59 PM »
well, i wanted to buy 3 wide axle fly's.

i got to the part where i need to confirm the order ( after entering the coupon code, and entering personal detail )

i press the " >> confirm << " button and i got this message:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/diabolos/store/comersus_checkOutSaveOrder.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

what should i do ?

Brian_DK

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:47:09 PM »
well, i wanted to buy 3 wide axle fly's.

i got to the part where i need to confirm the order ( after entering the coupon code, and entering personal detail )

i press the " >> confirm << " button and i got this message:

what should i do ?

It has happened to me as well. I emailed Nev about the site being very slow, I think it has to do with the host he uses. Anyways, you'll probably have to replace your order and hope it will take you through to payment. There is a chance that even though you weren't taken through to payment, your order was still registered at diabolomoves.com and will remain as pending. You can cancel all such "failed" orders here http://minurl.dk/?p6MOc

Cheers,
Brian

Edit: The link takes you to the account page at diabolomoves.com

nev

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
what should i do ?

You could of tried emailing the store - or PM me perhaps???

Sorry for this - I've had one or two problems with the host servers timing out which I am trying to resolve - If I can't do this soon, I'll switch host.

I've just emailed you what to do if you still want to order ;)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal