Author Topic: Fan (while lying down)  (Read 6815 times)

allsoppy5

Fan (while lying down)
« on: February 16, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
Yeah I have entered this for VOTW because I was very please with myself for landing this! It is also going to be part of my next video which I am filming sometime this week (as I am now on my holidays). I hope you enjoy:

[youtube=425,350]4dgETNVrk38

fzzyrn

Re: Fan (while lying down)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »
It the lying down fan the trick or is the entrance the trick?
The fan is very common.

Beni

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »
Now that you have posted it seperately it probably won't become a VotW.
It wouldn't anyway, as you have seen this in many videos and so it is not original or creative. It is an achievement though, well done.

Beni
(Can't do it :-[)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
I've been doing this trick for a while...
Right now I'm trying to learn from going from a lying down fan to a backwards somersault fan.

allsoppy5

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
Now that you have posted it seperately it probably won't become a VotW.
It wouldn't anyway, as you have seen this in many videos and so it is not original or creative. It is an achievement though, well done.

Beni
(Can't do it :-[)
I posted this after I had the email back saying it wouldn't become a VOTW because it was too common.

allsoppy5

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »
I've been doing this trick for a while...
Right now I'm trying to learn from going from a lying down fan to a backwards somersault fan.
Wow!!!!!! Tell me when you can do it!

allsoppy5

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 07:59:27 PM »
It the lying down fan the trick or is the entrance the trick?
The fan is very common.
Well... the title may suggest that it is the lying down fan. I know the fan is common as I spend most of my time watching diabolo movies hehe.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:06:54 PM »
you don't need three seperate posts for one reply.  good job btw.

Josh

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 01:10:17 AM »
good job. only one suggestion, why don't you try using s-fan instead so that you won't lose speed and end up having to worry about the left diabolo dieing. haha

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 02:28:23 AM »
Fan whilst laying down is a tired trick and should blatantly not be entered for a trick of the week.

Sorry if you think I'm being harsh but its true.

And I wouldn't say the fan is a common trick, the fan done BADLY is a common trick, but the fan done well is a whole different ball game.

Sorry, its just not that impressive anymore, Nev and I have being doing fans laying down with swings for a hell of a long time, and 'Fan Boy' John Gherkin has been doing them for longer, he's the reason I learnt fans.

And as for the attempt at a backwards somersault fan, good ****ing luck. Forward roll fans are hard enough and I've never truly landed a front somersault fan, never tried it backwards but the only way I can see it as being possible is with a c-fan as the momentum is in the right direction at least.

GT

P.s

Also if you haven't noticed its in the first collab video and by the way I posted this before watching it.Now I've watched it, I do not believe it can be counted as the trick for the lack of rotations and you were on your back for what 3 seconds not even that.

Congrats for landing it though,but keep trying to get more rotations and more time on your back.This can be achieved by slowing your fan down for a start.
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
with any luck allsoppy5 will be at BJC and you can give him some tips if so i'll get involved as i can't fan at all(yet)

allsoppy5

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 11:32:12 AM »
good job. only one suggestion, why don't you try using s-fan instead so that you won't lose speed and end up having to worry about the left diabolo dieing. haha
erm... (nooby comment coming up) how I do an S-fan?
with any luck allsoppy5 will be at BJC and you can give him some tips if so i'll get involved as i can't fan at all(yet)
Ok, Ill see whether I can make it this year =)
Fan whilst laying down is a tired trick and should blatantly not be entered for a trick of the week.

Sorry if you think I'm being harsh but its true.

And I wouldn't say the fan is a common trick, the fan done BADLY is a common trick, but the fan done well is a whole different ball game.

Sorry, its just not that impressive anymore, Nev and I have being doing fans laying down with swings for a hell of a long time, and 'Fan Boy' John Gherkin has been doing them for longer, he's the reason I learnt fans.

And as for the attempt at a backwards somersault fan, good ****ing luck. Forward roll fans are hard enough and I've never truly landed a front somersault fan, never tried it backwards but the only way I can see it as being possible is with a c-fan as the momentum is in the right direction at least.

GT

P.s

Also if you haven't noticed its in the first collab video and by the way I posted this before watching it.Now I've watched it, I do not believe it can be counted as the trick for the lack of rotations and you were on your back for what 3 seconds not even that.

Congrats for landing it though,but keep trying to get more rotations and more time on your back.This can be achieved by slowing your fan down for a start.

Thank you.
I'm sure I have only seen it on one video though! That is why I entered it! Sorry!
No I don't think you are being harsh, you are giving positive feedback and I welcome that! haha

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »
the s fan is one of the diabolos on the backside(darkside?) of the string.
theres some tutorials on the forum and i think some on youtube aswell

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=617.0 theres ones for exits, i cant check it as i videos seem to be crashing my computer at the moment but have a search i'm sure you'll find something of use to you

allsoppy5

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
the s fan is one of the diabolos on the backside(darkside?) of the string.
theres some tutorials on the forum and i think some on youtube aswell

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=617.0 theres ones for exits, i cant check it as i videos seem to be crashing my computer at the moment but have a search i'm sure you'll find something of use to you

thanks I will learn this week

By the way filming new full video tomorrow, going round sheffield or manchester (have not decided yet) and filming short clips. Should be good.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 04:37:38 AM »
Remember your advice. Locations, video quality, don't over quality, no long credits etc.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

jamjar!

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 09:55:32 PM »
HI JACK!!!!!!!!!! :o ive finaly got an account
[-:} <--WIG MAN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal