Author Topic: A Babache Performer stick desperately needed!  (Read 2852 times)

looby

• Donator
A Babache Performer stick desperately needed!
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:11:56 PM »
At circusoc yesterday my beloved performer's head popped off and won't go back on.  You know the one, she's a tad heavy, very tall, a little plump, very clumsy and definitely getting on.  However, I am in desperate need of one.  It appears the new generation are loving the lightweight, super skinny numbers but I'm keeping it traditional with a bit more to hold on to.

Help a brother and have a look.  Give the old girl another chance to shine and I promise I'll treat her well.  Name me a price and I'll try and match it.  Much love
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

looby

• Donator
Re: A Babache Performer stick desperately needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »
I don't ruddy believe it.  Kobe being the helpful chap he is, linked me to home of poi who still list performer sticks for sale, £11 delivered from nz!  So they turn up today and they've only sent me extreme sticks instead.  I appreciate they're probably discontinued but still and email would have been nice.

If anyone knows of another place that I can get hold of them I'm all ears.  If you've got an old pair lying around I'll pay good money for them. Ta

seán_

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »
Maybe not a great help but the mrb firebreathing sticks are based on the performer handsticks. you'd need to splage an end of some sort to it (which if it was that easy you'd have done so all ready)
http://butterfingers.co.uk/Ko-Bespoke/stockdetails.asp?product=FIRE/EATERSBREATHERS/0/FIRE0402001

There might be a pair in the leeds juggling clubs kit box, I'll have a look when i'm next there.

You might want to post on rec.juggling in the hope of reaching an oldschool juggler that might have some laying around.

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:07:20 PM »
Just to check, we are talking about the old style Mr Babache metal sticks, aren't we? Big black foam handles? Weigh a tonne?
If so, I've just had a look in my cupboard and found three of these hiding at the back. You're most welcome to them if you still have a need for them.
Let me know if you're still interested.
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

nev

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 08:41:01 PM »
so does that make you an oldschool juggler then Nick?
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

looby

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:55:58 PM »
It certainly is Nick.  It's mainly for trying some orginal grind stuff I've been working on for a while now.  let me know if you've got a paypal account and i'll send some money.

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 09:22:21 AM »
Looby,
I'll take these down to the post office at the weekend. As long as the shipping isn't a silly amount of money, I'm not too bothered about getting any money for them. PM me your postal address and I'll get them sent out.

Nev,
Sadly my old school credentials just don't hold water. I'm ashamed to say that I've never owned a Renegade. Still, there's nothing wrong with a bit of Milk the Cow every now and then, is there?

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

looby

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 09:47:50 PM »
Mission accomplished, Nick you have made my fairly ****e day alot better!  They're near mint!  Can't imagine why :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal