Author Topic: Tricks to do with fire diabolo  (Read 7629 times)

kragen

Tricks to do with fire diabolo
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:05:10 AM »
Tonight I finnaly get to have a play with my new fire diabolo! :D I'm trying to think of what tricks wlll look coolest (and will result in the least injuries!!).

I know that in general diabolo doesnt work as well with fire (especialy compared to say staff, or poi), all the same what tricks do you do with your fire diabolo?

So far i can only really think of orbit tricks and sun's (i dont know too many sun's though), maybe some throws (im juggling on grass so it shoudndt damage the diabolo), things like around the leg / arm.

I can think of a massive list of tricks that wont work! Just about anything that involves letting go of a handstick is pointless, as are things like whipcatches, all string tricks etc...
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:41:11 AM »
I think the tricks depend on how much your audience can see of you. The best fire juggling I've seen is not in complete darkness. Much better is when the juggler is lit up from other fire, say a big fire or various torches in a circle arround the performer.

If the audience can see you and the sticks (use bright not black sticks) you might as well do any trick, but keep in mind what an audience likes to watch.

High throws never fail to impress. Fire around the leg/body/arm looks dangerous but is easy.  Play up whip catches and the audience love them. Whips and flames make a great combination.
Luke

kragen

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 12:08:04 PM »
yeah - i suppose.

This is really an audiance thing though - just the weekly juggling society fire meeting, Which I goto to simply to play around with fire *evil laugh* - so I was thinking more of fun things to try with fire :)

2 diabolo will be a good one, once I have a floor start sussed and a second fire diabolo.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Vojtas

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 11:48:59 AM »
Excalibur with fire diabolo should be absolutely amazing...
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Ifrit

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 01:40:08 PM »
Yeah it would but it would also be amazingly dangerous. Normal is bad enough for rolling away but to send a flaming ball flying away like a slingshot would not be cool. Ive had a fire diabolo thrown at my head and that was scary enough without the fire (I never knew i could hit the floor so fast).

iroQuai

Re: Tricks to do with fire diabolo
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 01:53:36 AM »
I really love doing different leg-combo's, just because people think it looks scary :D and like you say, try to do different suns and orbits! If you can keep it moving al the time with suns and orbits (normal sun, sun between the arms, sun between the legs, open orbit, sun behind the back, orbits around one or two arms, etc) people just love to see that fireball flying around your body like that!

havn't tried vertax yet, because of the reason mentioned above... :)

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 02:53:20 AM »

Do a contact juggling routine with it.  ;D
Maybe some finger grinds, and for 2d , do the wrap start with it lit up.
AND definitely do vertax.  ;D
Just make sure to wear fireproof clothes/gloves, and cover yourself in water every 2 minutes.
 ;D

Relativity

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
inverse trapeze's over an over again looks really pretty, throwing the odd one or two behind your back or under your leg... And the figure of eight round the legs orbit looks real good too..
Fire Walk With Me...

chatom

Fire
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 11:35:29 PM »
Can  anyone recommend some tricks to do on a fire diabolo that will look good. So stuff like suicides and the coffee grinder don't look to great cause you can only really see the diabolo.
Thanks! :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 11:52:48 PM »
Merged your post to this ancient thread to get things started and keep it all in one place.

Madel

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »
In Berlin jugglers go out into the traffic when the cars have stopped at the lights and busk...pretty impressive and a lot of times they use fire, though am not sure which tricks they use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal