Author Topic: How many diabolos?  (Read 165057 times)

Mithew

Re: How many diabolos?
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »
i have 4 finesse diabolos, and why in the world do some of you guys need 30+ diabolos, sell a few!!!
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2006, 10:48:40 PM »
or give some to me! it's my birthday in 6 days!!!  :D  I have 3 g2's and 2 unnamed bad chinese cheap ones.  i have 1 blue, 1 green, and 1 red g2.

Josh

Juze93

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »
Quote from: Ceri-Anne
That post is really old.. my list has grown, and I got the pink Finesses in my avatar months after posting that. I now know what those small MB diabolo's were: Rubberkings.

Yea, I thought that you were talking about, because rubber king is like smaller and lighter than finesse. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:
Set: Aluminium-stick, Finesse with evolution 1 and arlequino medium.

JugglerRick

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »
Lets see
2 - Henry's Circus (stock)
2 - Henry's Circus with light kits
2 - MB Professoinal
1 - Traditional Chinese bamboo
1 - Traditional Chinese plastic w/optional one wheel spindle (Juggle Bug ?)
1 - Traditional Chinese one wheel, plastic (Renegade)
4 - MB Circus (2 - retired due to dry rot after about 20 years)
1 - Radical Fish Diabolo (bad construction of a basically good design)
1 - Dube 4" (one of the first steel and rubber ones ever made)
1 - Dube 3" wood  (only thing available in the late 1970's)
3 - plastic toy types (received over the years)

so that is about 19. (funny that averages to a little less than 1 per year)
Rick

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2006, 11:09:30 PM »
I found myself at a loose end tonight, and spotted this thread..... I noticed in earlier posts that It was estimated that I had "about 80" diabolos in my posession.  That kinda scared me, so I grabbed a pen and paper (this is already sounding a bit sad) and went for a wander round my house.....

And the final total is.......

58 and 1/2 diabolos.

I guess I have been doing it longer than most, but still....

Most popular brand was somehow still Renegade, even though I don't use them on stage anymore.  For anyone who cares, they beat Henry's into second place by 12 1/2 to 12.

Lots of these (like the African and Chinese ones) are ornaments these days, but it's still scary to find out just how many of them I actually have.

Donald

(PS Funniest find was one of the first prototype Fyrefli fire diabolos from the EJC in Leeds (1993).  They gave me it with the instruction to "give it a good going over".  It didn't last long, but I still have it in its buckled wobbly state, for some reason..?)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2006, 12:37:09 AM »
i cant speak for everyone else, but i'd actually like to see the "donald grant diabolo breakdown", seeing how many of which diabolos you have...so if you wouldn't mind typing up the list, i raise my hand for the "i'd like to see it" crowd..

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »
I can imagine half a Renegade, a shattered one is not pretty.   Better than the old Monster diabolo though.  I know some people might think that diabolo as a job would be a great thing, but I can respect how you've kept at it so long so gather so many diabolos, and still have a love for it.

I also raise my hand to see "Which diabolo would live in a house like Donald Grant's?"

Something to do with your evening I guess.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »
Okay, I've been round the house again.  The official breakdown would seem to be, in descending order......

12 1/2 Renegades (one of them fitted with the original prototype LEA light tubes from Aerotech.  Looks great when charged but weighs in at about half a kilo. Still, that's not so bad for 11 year old technoprop!)

12 Henrys:  5 Circus, 3 Glow Circus, 3 4er wide axle circus and one black jazz for some reason.

9 "Toy" diabolos of varying levels of crappiness.  The funniest ones are the "no-string" ones with a strange pelota-type claw for throwing and catching...

7 Babache: 2 finesse, 2 original harlequin jumbos (pre-"wobbly phase"), 2 mediums and one of those useless ultra-tiny ones.

5 Wooden ones, some crap 'n' ugly, the African ones are crap but prettier in a nice two-tone wood, and a not so bad Danish chinese-style one which, being solid wood rather than bamboo, will happily remove your teeth the first chance you give it.

3 Jugglebug(?) adaptable whistlers.  You can set 'em up as a one-wheeler or a two wheeler......or just leave them alone, as I tend to do.

2 Flare Jumbos

2 Ball-bearinged Yo-ho things

2 Toss-ups (if it wasn't for their mind-melting physics, they should be in the toy section of this.  Or the bin.  Honestly:  drive with your right hand, they spin anti-clockwise.  Drive with your left, they still spin anti-clockwise!  **** witchcraft, but witchcraft nonetheless....

2 Bamboo one wheelers.  Classics, love 'em.

2 Fire diabolos: the aforementioned Fyrefli in car-crash condition, and a beautiful Tom Nesbitt Mk2, still pristine.

That concludes the safari of my toybox.  I'll let you know if anything turns up down the back of my sofa........

Donald

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
Well, I feel inadequate now.  I remember those old MB Harlequins now, seemed so good.  And I just couldn't take a Nesbitt diabolo outside to play with.  Costs so much and looks so shiny, don't wanna get mud or grass on it, seems a waste of £80 to do so.

Thanks for the breakdown!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Twilite

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »
I own:

2 Henry's Circus - Orange and Green
1 Henry's Jazz - Purple
1 Old, dog chewed kids rubber thing - 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Green
2 Old kids plastic things - Green and Yellow.

Making six. I've not diaboloed in a while, I intend to get back into it this spring, so I may treat myself to some new ones; I'm such a sucker for material goods, a nice new diabolo and I won't be able to help but start again!
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2006, 07:18:18 AM »
7 total.
-6 henrys (4 orange, 1 black, 1 green)
-1 finesse g2 (red w/ evo 4 kit)

...donald you have a ton of diabolos!
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

hollydominique

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2006, 07:40:46 PM »
Ive just joined, yet another gravity vomit-er!

1 MB (v old skool) dont know what type, two tone (yellow and blue) doesnt seem to be any of the sizes he has on the market at the mo.

1MB harlequin I FOUND at leeds (best find ever!) (pink and orange)

3 Finesse (one green and 2 moon glow)

Thats yer lot i think Hello everybody!

Holly/Maz :D
IT IS TIME!!! For the time being...
www.gravityvomit.co.uk

dave114

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2006, 05:00:01 PM »
I own four good diabolos:-

2 finesse g2's (red and blue)
2 circusses (red and yellow)

I also own a few cheap diabolos I have picked up on my travels.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Great-Uncle did not like the passenger in his car!

Tom

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2006, 05:50:55 PM »
I own 5 diabolos

2 white finesse g2's
1 red and 1 bleu finesse g2's
1 jazz

And hi, i'm new

TyeTye

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »
1 green yoho superspin
2 yellow finesse g2's w/ 10g weight kit + extended axle.
1 Blue Small Superspin (Not Yoho)
1 Blue Small Solid Axle
1 Small Mini Diabolo that Higginsbrothers.com gives you.

So.. I'm up to 6 it seems.  Since sept. 05.

larryone

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »
I started with a small blue "Made In Taiwan"
regularly borrowed Henrys and YoHo diabolos from other people.
2 Henrys Circus a friend of mine picked up for me in ptuj 2005 - one green one purple
2 Fyrefli comets as of yesterday =0)
Hope to be able to justify buying another Henrys Circus at EJC in Milstreet in July...
Champagne for your real friends
Real pain for your sham friends
Dont sweat the petty things
Dont pet the sweaty things

Rîkû

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2006, 06:50:08 PM »
I have now 5 diabolos:
-3 Finesse g2´s (red,orange and yellow)
-2 Circuses (green and black)

And I´ll got one circus for birthday present  :)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2006, 07:15:14 AM »
Not many..

- Yoho Diaspin (yellow and green) Gift from grandparents (Its how I started diabolo!! :D )

- Two Finesse G2's Blue and Green

I'm also planning to get 3 White G2's and another Blue one
 So White for performing, coloured for practise
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2006, 12:52:04 PM »
I have  two Circusses, blue and green. When I will get third one it will be turquoise so the colors will match nicely.
I also would love to have couple of nice finesses, I havent decided yet if I want them pink or white :)

Oh yes, I also have one self-made diabolo. It is made of a broken floorball. The halves of the ball makes great cups and I fitted my old circus hubs to them. It's quite hard to get any tricks with it but its fun to mess around with.

Pixel

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2006, 08:39:12 AM »
I'm pretty new one those things so i only have one Orange Henry Cirkus and one "crappy toy thingy". But I'm going to buy one more Circus ^^.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal