Author Topic: Duicide  (Read 3300 times)

pippy

Duicide
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:53:21 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any pointers when it comes to a standard duicide?  Currently I am practising it and generally, the sticks cross over or the whole thing goes flying to the right (i am a righty).  Thanks
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

Nahxela

Re: Duicide
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:16:49 PM »
Duicides are really a matter of muscle memory, you initially start out with horrible throws and/or catches, but overtime they even out and you'll have it down solidly.
Praciticing is a large factor in learning this trick.

If the diabolos are flying over to one side, you're probably putting too much acceleration into the left or right directions. As you're releasing the sticks, give the whole thing a sort of guided push downwards to keep the diabolo and sticks in approximately the same vertical plane.
And where you release the sticks will probably also have an effect. 9:00 or 3:00 (depending on where you're throwing) are the best (I think) places to practice the release if you're starting out with this trick.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 09:19:50 AM »
remember that the sticks should be spinning anticlockwise otherwise you'll get that crossed string alot more often.

Beni

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »
Garner and nahxela — check out your signatures :D.
I never did like unwrapped duicides, although they are great for looks and pretty easy to pull off.

Beni
(Give a man a fire... ::))

seán_

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 05:50:08 PM »
A subtle help for duicides (most suicide moves tbh) is to get the sticks in line with the string. this stops them flapping about on release.

Nahxela

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:28:47 PM »
Garner and nahxela — check out your signatures :D.
I never did like unwrapped duicides, although they are great for looks and pretty easy to pull off.

Beni
(Give a man a fire... ::))
I've never noticed that o_0 Interesting...

I'd also like to add that tricks that are already going in the direction of your duicide help, such as whip catches and such (I actually can't think of any others...)

Is anticlockwise really better?
I do clockwise (from my point of view) duicides fine enough...
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

seán_

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
The beauty of AC is that you dont have to think about avoiding cross strings, nicer to do Matt Halls dui-geni (plus most people whip catch catch on the left and thats a great entry)
CW ones are more tweakable (I find), offer you the chance to go darkside or full wrapped. Horses for courses really but I'd still suggest going AC at the start because the sticks stay where you put them and you don't deal with the wrap

robbie322

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
as already mentioned try anti-clockwise and with the sticks in line with string, another good tip would be to swing the diabolo like a pendulum back and forth before releasing, good luck!
Making the possible totally impossible

SilentScreamer

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
Good way to learn a duicide is to start is with a Whip Catch when the diabolo is on your left and when your sticks are in one hand just let the sticks go at 3 o clock.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal