Author Topic: Quadruple Ex. Genocides, How many performers?  (Read 7700 times)

yonm13

Quadruple Ex. Genocides, How many performers?
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
Heya guys!   ;)
I had a little conversation with my teacher about how many people in the world can actually perform a Quadruple Ex. Genocides..
Anyone has an idea?
Thanks~
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: Quadruple Ex. Genocides, How many performers?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »
The reason not everyone is doing these is because they don't look or feel that different from doubles or triples. If people bothered to try it they probably could.
Behind your back is your front.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »
I can. First pulled one in august, didn't post about it though, it in my waterlogged video. I think multiples get to be a little to much after a while. I haven't seen more than a quintuple pulled off before. Tim Ellis claimed to have landed a sextuple, and I believe it. In his yospin vid he got a quad with only a few feet above his head. I've seen quite a few, but I'm guessing that about a fourth or a fifth of people who can do vertax for 6 months or more can pull one off. So....I have no idea how many people that is....guessing here but....maybe...about 300-900people ???...no idea honestly. But I think more could be able to do them if they put time into it, and if multiples were regarded with higher stature, than just an unessesary noncreative variation, I like them though. :)
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

yonm13

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 06:52:38 PM »
oh ic..
well, i win then =]
he said u can count the people who can perform quads with your two hands.. i said there was no chance =]
i nailed a triple and a quaruple today (yay on same day =])
and i was kinda close to quintuple.. missed it by abit.
btw, Ben's VoTW was kinda cool, cuz he was nailing quintuples as if they were normal genocides =]
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »
I'm afraid I don't really see the significance of the question (or the thread) at all - how are we going to find out how many people in the world can land it through this thread? Unless someone is going to put out a survey and deliver it to a fair amount of the diaboloist population (probably 500-1000 people for a decent sized response) to estimate the amount of people who have landed a quad, there really is no point to asking this question here. You're going to get only a percentage of the actual diaboloist population who bother to answer this thread. Since you're asking for estimations, that too is a useless measurement.

Aren't we still counting Ben's votw as 6 rotations, Diabolo Bro?

-Duncan

yonm13

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:24:38 PM »
 8) I was kinda looking forward to see how many of the d.ca users can do it. for comparison reasons..
for your question- Ben's VoTW is absolutely a quintuple (5 times). I think you should've fixed that one.
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »
I can do quadruple and quintuple (with a circus), never tried sextuple, IMO it get's ugly when you do more than 3 turns

yonm13

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »
cool.. how well is your quintuple?
and btw i disagree with you about the ugly thing.. i think ben's quintuple is actually really cool.. way better then triple.
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

orka

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 08:50:16 PM »
I saw Dekel once doing a sextuple, but with a very long string.

yonm13

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »
wtf? dekel doing sextuple? i could barely believehe was doing triples.. sorry to say, but that sound kinda not true.. the longer the string is- the harder it is to perform multiple genocides..
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

orka

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
oooops! my mistake.. I thought you meant hyperloops...

yonm13

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »
Gawd.. lol  ;)
Sextuple hyperloop is amazing  :o
never seen anyone doing that..
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »
Aren't we still counting Ben's votw as 6 rotations, Diabolo Bro?
You can, however I'm not. I'm not questioning Ben's honesty, I think he, and others trust it to be 6. But I've watched that video over 30 times and the IJA video, and all three are only five by my count. stick passes under the diabolo 4 times and he catches it on the fifth. 5 is still worthy of a Votw, especialy if he had it in Febuary, however I don't see it as 6. You and others can, but I personally don't.
I saw Dekel once doing a sextuple, but with a very long string.
I don't doubt it. Dekel's very good in Excalibur. It seems to me that a long string would increase wieght, and threfore add inertia, maybe it would give you a tad more momentum, but it seems that it wouldn't be much help. Interesting though. EDIT; Oh hyperloops...still impessive.

BTW, I noticed that the record thread has the multiple genocides in horizontal axis at five in diabolumberto's drop and change, is this a record??

yonm13

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 09:41:30 PM »
Look again.. he was talkin about sprinklers =]
dekel is good on excalibur, but not THAT good on multiple genocides, as far as i know.
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »
I gotcha, modded my post after I saw it, but 10 mins ago ???Just linked IJA, Refresh ???

TimEllis

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 10:21:35 PM »
Hah.  Yeah I can hit a quad pretty consistently.  I could probably throw a quad on stage, but I like the look of a double btb geno.  Quintuples are about 50/50.  And I've hit *one* sextuple.  (No one around, and no camera going.  Isn't that the worst?) 

In the words of Matt Hall..."straight numbers are played out.  You gotta do other stuff with it too now."

On a side note, I really should go back and get the Yospin out of that video.  I don't work with them any more.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 10:51:17 PM »
I pulled 5 at MJC.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Matt D

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 11:26:55 PM »
Ben's video is definetely six, the first ten times a saw it i thought it was five, then I realized i was missing the first genocide because it went so fast.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 12:37:09 AM »
Matt, That is exactly what I thought. Watch again man, or listen, you hear six swooshes, thats five, the release makes a swoosh too. Try a double, three swooshes. Look at the IJA video. it has a top view, you can clearly see its only five.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »
cool.. how well is your quintuple?
and btw i disagree with you about the ugly thing.. i think ben's quintuple is actually really cool.. way better then triple.
I tried today and got 3 out of 5 attempts, I never really trained to do it, one you have double and triple down you just need to go nuts with your stick ^^
And, I'll still stick with my point of view: more than 3 is ugly ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal