Author Topic: Infinite slowcides (help)  (Read 9234 times)

Paul

Infinite slowcides (help)
« on: February 20, 2005, 04:31:06 PM »
Hey peeps. Does anybody know which wrap you use on the axel when doing that move that antonin and eric do in Diabology, where they are moving along and they are taking it in turns to catch the stick? I cant figure it out and its starting to get quite annoying. Its in the Baguettes and Diabolos video. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ta

mod edit: tutorial http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=495
Peace

diabololi

Re: Infinite slowcides (help)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 04:47:10 PM »
Yeh, I tried that with a friend but we didn't get anywhere. Any help would be great.

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 05:13:04 PM »
Those are called infinite slowcides :)

There are 2 tricks involved here. A wrap suicide and a slowcide. First you do a right wrap suicide and catch the stick again. Now your diabolo is in a right backwrap. Next, you release the left stick, so it unwraps the wrap. Catch the stick at the 'outside'. I hope it's clear now..

Tip: the diabolo doesn't have to spin very hard, that only makes the trick harder to do.

Paul

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 05:43:33 PM »
Cheers mate. That only took a couple of minutes to suss after reading that. Nice one
Peace

Mattias

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 07:26:42 PM »
The problem i am having with this trick is that when unwrapping the backwrap with a cide the stick just falls down to the axle and does a quick lapse there before falling to the floor. Any way to counter that?
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Martijn

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 07:28:21 PM »
Quote from: Malte
The problem i am having with this trick is that when unwrapping the backwrap with a cide the stick just falls down to the axle and does a quick lapse there before falling to the floor. Any way to counter that?

That happens when the diabolo spins too fast. If you just let the diabolo  spin very slow, and easily release the left stick, it unwraps slowly.

NP m8 :)

Mattias

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 08:01:40 PM »
Will try that with Moe the next time we practice, thanks!
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 06:02:59 AM »
Also don't forget that there are two directions that the slowcide can be done - either stick can be dropped to either side. Some tricks require one direction, the others require the opposite. Only the way mentioned by Martijn (the one used by Eric and Antonin in their famous walk along sequence) really maintains much spin though - the other slows the diabolo down considerably.

You can perform slowcides with a fast spinning diabolo too, but you must learn a feeling for how to move the sticks and diabolos to keep the stick from flying around too quickly.

There are lots of interesting variations on this trick: 360s, behind the back, under the leg, with minigenocides, facing backwards...

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 06:25:42 AM »
i like doing it with a fast spinning diabolo, you need to really adjust the way you balance the diabolo though. when you throw the right stick over (to the left....and in the front of the string) i "loosen" my grip so an elevator type thing doesnt happen, and then when you throw the other stick, i pull up first and then drop the stick. i dont know if that made much sense but it takes a bit of feel to get used to it.

Jim Kandol

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 12:15:28 AM »
Ok so iv seen the Suicide catch, suicide catch, an so on post and can now pull of a slowcide sometimes, but im wondering if i can have some more help as the string always goes around the wrond side of the right string.

If you dont know what i mean by this as it doesn't make sence then you rap it around with the left stick and when you go back around it should go behind the right string

But mine goes in front of the right string. This causes the trick to not work.
If you understand my mad ramblings then could you help me?
Thanks.
Throw it up high mate.

Arjan

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 12:52:53 AM »
Well for slowicides it really doesn`t matter which side you start. Also it doesn`t matter on wich side you do the unwrap-slowicide. It will either end up normal, or twisted like a sun, so you can undo it with a sun. Those are pretty much sun and wrap basics, explore them if you want to, pretty usefull.

seán_

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 01:00:30 AM »
http://diabolotricks.com/Suicides.htm#slowcide

Slowicides are definately easiest done by BW with the left, swing to left, release Right hand stick (IMHO). the spin of the diabolo comes into play here, ones to the right tend to be notsoslowicides.

Not to sure why the sticks going to the wrong side, but alignment might be a problem here. If you swing/release out of line or release the handstick from a horizontal to the ground position any suicide tends to get a bit funny.

but as Arjan says, you should be able to get around whatever way it ends up.

HTH
Seán

bob

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »
Ok guys i'm pretty new here, and i would like some advice on these infinite slowcides. I can only get my wrap suicide by swinging my diabolo over my left stick and then dropping the left stick, but in the videos they just seem to drop it. the slowcide itselfs forms no problem, just the dropping bit with the wrap suicide.
thx:)

frank0072

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »
there is a tutorial on jugglethis.net, just look for it and you'll find it. I have only found it a few days ago, and it explains a lot. now even I can do them (íf I catch the stick, wich seems to be the hardest part for me)

Mod edit: http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=495
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »
Hey Jeff welcome to the forum,

When I learnt to do infinate slowicides i found it easier to give the sticks a bit of force and throw them to add and undo the wraps. If you know how to do it then it's just a matter of practice. Oh and start off with the diabolo spinning at a slow to moderate speed.

hope this helps,

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »
I am finding when I do Infinite Slowcides that my diabolo runs out of speed incredibly fast so I end up stoping it early. Is there a way to control the speed or am I just doing it wrong?
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 08:16:14 PM »
Come on man... do some research!

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=375.0

edit (Sean) - I merged the threads.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Thanks Sean, sorry about that.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Niek

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »
I would like to thank everyone for their advices in this thread, it REALLY helped me alot, now I have left side and right solid(antonin/matt hall style), and its such a great feeling to do them!

Tip for people who are just starting to do this:

When you suicide throw it into a right or left wrap, Remember to keep your hand closer to the diabolo.
This way the catching part is much more easy.

thanks again guys, really appreciated

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal