Author Topic: Juggling.tv Problem  (Read 8063 times)

Beni

Juggling.tv Problem
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:23:10 PM »
When I download from j.tv, the files always come out jerky and completely unwatchable. I've tried on quicktime, divx and VLC.
Does anyone else get this and is there a way to correct it?

Beni

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Juggling.tv Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:11:07 PM »
I've had it too, I thought it was just the laptop I was using at the time but nope its bad on the computer I am using now aswell..

Busk posted somewhere about a video player that even played corrupt files. I can't remember any details though.. I'll have a look and get back to you.

EDIT: Here we are.

GomP media player..even better than vlc in my opinion, small, light, cool, and it even reads corrupted files!

I'm downloading it now.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 12:53:31 AM »
I don't get this problem, not on any j.tv videos ive watched recently anyway 8)

seán_

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 01:01:41 AM »
My own J.tv problems have pretty much been limited to the strange choices in related tags :)

cpai

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 03:12:28 AM »
I only get that on Quicktime, VLC doesn't have that problem for me. I used IE to play it until I got VLC. Maybe try your browser?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 04:38:02 AM »
It plays in Firefox, put when I want to view it after downloading with something such as Quicktime or VLC it doesn't work.

No hassles. I don't really care.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »
how olds your computer? mine doesnt play mp4s and alot of other formats too, its about 8 years old tho to be fair

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
They all work fine for me. If in doubt use VLC, if it doesn't work then whatever you're trying to play isn't worth watching.
Behind your back is your front.

Beni

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »
I have a Mac G4, and I use Safari which is basically Firefox.
And yeah, I've tried VLC — same problem.
Funny thing is, it works on a g4 laptop...

Beni

The Void

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 07:24:38 PM »
Beni, Safari is not basically Firefox - Camino is basically Firefox.

It does sound like a problem specific to your (and William's) computer though.

Have you installed Perian?

Try getting Mainmenu (freeware) for your Mac, to clear your caches, update your prebinding, repair permissions etc.

Try iGetter (nagware) to use as a download manager program. (Maybe the corruption is happening during the download process, for some reason?)

Try all the tips listed under "Why does the video keep stopping and starting while I'm watching it?" for any streaming troubles.

I download every single file on JTV, and I can play them all. (Except that stupid-codec 6 Months Of Juggling one).

And check out this article for how to compress a video. (I know that wasn't your question, but hey, I might as well flag it up here.)

If none of that helps you to view the downloaded files, you could also try trashing the preference file for Quicktime. (Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.quicktimeplayer.plist).

Right, that's me out of ideas - good luck!

The Void
3 day delay.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Beni

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 10:07:21 PM »
Wow, thanks for that!
Beni, Safari is not basically Firefox - Camino is basically Firefox.
What I meant is that when windows have a link saying "If this isn't working download firefox" it works. Also, I prefer safari (I believe it is slightly faster).

(Maybe the corruption is happening during the download process, for some reason?)
Yes I think this may be the case.

I'll (try to) download 'em all and see what happens.

Beni

Beni

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
Well I downloaded Mainmenu, Perian and iGetter and deleted the preference file but to no avail. It may just be my computer, but the video (which I downloaded twice) always froze and unfroze at the same places, which suggests it's something to do with the file.

Beni

cpai

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 01:36:53 AM »
This happened to me before, I just used a different player. Try using different ones.

The Void

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »
Well I downloaded Mainmenu, Perian and iGetter and deleted the preference file but to no avail. It may just be my computer, but the video (which I downloaded twice) always froze and unfroze at the same places, which suggests it's something to do with the file.

Give me a few examples of which files you're having a problem with, and I'll quadruple check.
Don't post the links here, just the video titles.

The Void
Frilly shirts ahoy!
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Beni

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 10:10:58 PM »
Carnage
Contrast
D.ca Collab Video >:(

When they freeze and unfreeze the video sort of splits into horizontal lines (If you want I can try a screenshot).
Cheers,

Beni

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 10:40:54 PM »
(If you want I can try a screenshot)

command-shift-4

or command-shift-3 for whole screen 
 ;)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 11:01:20 PM »
Carnage
Contrast
D.ca Collab Video >:(

When they freeze and unfreeze the video sort of splits into horizontal lines (If you want I can try a screenshot).
Cheers,

Beni

I have downloaded all of those, and they work perfectly fine for me, I'll send you a copy if you want!
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Beni

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 11:18:37 PM »
I have downloaded all of those, and they work perfectly fine for me, I'll send you a copy if you want!

Ooh yeah, could you? Try Carnage first and see how it goes :).
You know my email.

command-shift-4

or command-shift-3 for whole screen 

;)
I know how to screenshot, it's uploading it where the 'try' comes in (Photobucket = CBA).

Beni

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal