Author Topic: 2 Diabolos: first tricks and things to consider  (Read 50318 times)

JoKo

2 Diabolos: first tricks and things to consider
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 10:58:37 PM »
Thanks i will check out the sites fore mentioned.  to answer above i am using two of the different weight and it doesnt seem to make much of a difference but that may be because there are quite similar is size and weight.  but it does come to be a pain when tricks are involed because you can only use the bigger of the two successfuly or with any intent to complete the manover.  So yeah thanks.
Change combine ..... Go Go Baron Gong

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 05:22:53 AM »
Hey Joko, there are some great threads going beyond the 2 diabolo shuffle in the "tricks and video archive" sticky at the top of the forum.
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=149

I attached your thread to the most relevant one.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 10:02:42 AM »
Quote from: Stevey
Does a difference in size and weight between the diabolos matter much? Im thinking of getting a new diabolo and wondering if it would work well with my current one.
http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=733 Should answer your questions about that.  If you think about it, trying to do anything that's supposed to use two or more objects at once is tricky if they aren't the same, like chopsticks.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »
I followed the tricks on 2diabolo.net and learned them near enough in the order they are in on the site. I learnt to start with a throw start, then learnt to start with a wrap, then learnt the rocket start. THen i learned to accelerate (long before i learned to correct) using warp accleration just once at first, then every other pass, then every pass. And somewhere in between all of that  i did corrections. I didn't rally think about learning corrections, i didn't spend a day learning to correct i just did it gradually while llearning to accelerate. For quite some time i could only correct one way.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 11:44:06 AM »
um... alex... I can do transfers, ping pong, double sprinkler and many other things but I can't do mini columns... They are just starting so mini columns may not be the best thing to try....  Try cross stick sun sprinkler, over leg orbits or anything really.

JoKo

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 03:02:34 PM »
Yeah i been looking through thoses sites above and the Videos how long have you guys been Diaboloing for, with two i mean?  ive been at about three weeks now, and havent got much to show for it yet.  But i have jumped forward with tips from thoses sites. I have been trying two high recently but they are always flying off in different directions. Is this because im throwing them too hard or just the way I start off, because im using a wraped start to begin with then moving straight into two high?
Change combine ..... Go Go Baron Gong

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
i would just say...mess around with one diabolo tricks but one two...if that makes any sense, eg j-whips, cats cradle, backside tricks etc

thats all i ever did when i learnt 2 until i started watching other people and messing around with what they did

karl e dangerous

poponeout 2 diabolos
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 07:37:04 PM »
could anyone tell me how to launch just 1 of the 2 diabs, when i try the both go oppisite ways and not up
sorry for my bad grammer

seán_

Re: 2 Diabolos: first tricks and things to consider
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »
Move your non dom hand up and away from the shuffle.
Do some 1d orbits (and leg orbits) look how you change the paths.

gravity

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »
yo hello peoplle iv got in2 2 2d about month ago iv got a feuw trix down like hyperspin vortex anrh stik traps but i carnt get betta at correcting 2 i understand the way it works i just carnt get it 2 work its driving me mad!! eny advice would b fat!!
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »
yo hello peoplle iv got in2 2 2d about month ago iv got a feuw trix down like hyperspin vortex anrh stik traps but i carnt get betta at correcting 2 i understand the way it works i just carnt get it 2 work its driving me mad!! eny advice would b fat!!

First, see the PM I sent you.

Second, running 2d is a big step and you shouldn't expect everything to be perfect right away. It takes a fair amount of time to run 2d without problems.

Some people have some good advice in the starting and correcting 2d thread and it is probably worth a look even if you think you know how it works. Someone will say something in there that helps 2d click.

-Duncan

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »

Woah.  Please try to use the spell check button, and try to type clearly.  Not everybody here has english as a first language, so it really doesn't help if you talk whatever kind of slang that was.  ANd have a look at the posting etiquette thread too.  Thanks.

Aaron Z

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 01:41:50 PM »
Here's a thought:

Why not make the reply-thingy automatically spell-check before submitting the reply?

So, someone writes a reply, the spell-check automatically reads through it, and if they made any spelling mistakes- a pop-up comes confirming that they want to submit their current reply before editing it...?

Not the best explanation, but I'm tired so there ya' go  :P

Horho Ent

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »
Any more info you want on two High, probably the Two High Thread a good place to start

I'm probably missing the glaringly obvious here, but that link doesn't seem to work

is there a more recent two high thread? or another link?
Enjoying not playing, so you can keep score

NeoRufus

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »
I'm probably missing the glaringly obvious here, but that link doesn't seem to work

is there a more recent two high thread? or another link?

You have to replace 'viewtopic.php?t=' with 'index.php?topic=' (both times without the quotes ofc), then it works.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »
First, see the PM I sent you.

Second, running 2d is a big step and you shouldn't expect everything to be perfect right away. It takes a fair amount of time to run 2d without problems.

Some people have some good advice in the starting and correcting 2d thread and it is probably worth a look even if you think you know how it works. Someone will say something in there that helps 2d click.

-Duncan

I'm working on 2d for over a year now.. And I can't do far cup corrections yet nor any good tricks so.. Take your time! ( I'm probally taking to much thought  :( )

Horho Ent

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
You have to replace 'viewtopic.php?t=' with 'index.php?topic=' (both times without the quotes ofc), then it works.

Cheers man

wasnt glaringly obvious, so i'm happy :D
Enjoying not playing, so you can keep score

Aaron Z

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
I've only actually been PRACTICING 2D for a few days, that is, the time I spent trying to expand my skills. I'd been repeating the same stuff over for a while longer, but not trying to learn in that time.

Anyways, over the course of a couple 'days, I've nailed corrections, just today got good at sprinkler-suicides (All thanks to Sundia Carbons), learned suns in both directions, grinds, some slack-whips, sprinklers, wrap accelerations and developing Chinese accelerations.
Oh, and transfers.

It all isn't really that tough, it just takes determination and lack of frustration.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »
i got corrections and accelerations down pretty much but the only trick i can do constantly is a suicide!

whenever i exit a sprinkler one of my diabs has a left wrap, any suggestions
can't believe its not butter

Aaron Z

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 07:43:53 AM »
i got corrections and accelerations down pretty much but the only trick i can do constantly is a suicide!

whenever i exit a sprinkler one of my diabs has a left wrap, any suggestions

That left wrap is caused because you aren't unwrapping both diabolos from the sprinkler, just one. Either do a fan/transfer to get out of it, or work on exaggerating the unwrap motion to avoid the wrap entirely.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal