Author Topic: 3 Diabolos Low: Throw Start, Anyone?  (Read 17585 times)

arnie

• VotW Contributor
3 Diabolos Low: Throw Start, Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 01:50:45 AM »
Thanks Donald and Guy, think that answers my questions really well I won't hassle you anymore! Well maybe a little bit for that footage  :lol:

TimEllis

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 05:57:09 AM »
I was diaboloing with Wes Peden today, and he asked if I had seen anyone do a sprinkler (however many stacked it would take) suicide exit and throw in the third diabolo while the stick is flying around.  So now I pose the same question to you.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

seán_

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
yeah I've seen that from very close up, just one revoloution of 3 because the person who did it is bad at 3.

I was keeping quiet about it because in the long term i wanted to try again and get it on film, the last time I worked on it spink gave up filming the try before i managed that 1 rev.

I found you I needed to use a double and to have the diabolo in my mouth to have any chance of getting close to it. also the best attempt happened when the two diabbolos stalled out for a tad on the exit.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
i just thought that the start does not matter? surley if it works then all good. ive been working on a quick start though where you throw the thired directly into the pattern.
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Tom Derrick

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 02:01:34 PM »
I've found that the anti fast start (or whatever they called it on Diabology) is possible with three, but it requires being able to do a wrap start and being able to run three afterwards, both of which elude me.
Basically, you get two diabolos shuffling, put both sticks into your left (for right-handers) hand in a V shape, then pick up the third diabolo with the middle finger aroung the axle, then throw down and to the left. A suprisingly large proportion of the time, it'll circle under the other diabolos and reach your right stick, which is when you wrap it, then go into the shuffle as you would with the wrap start.
I'm expecting a video by Monday :wink:

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »
I've been working on a fast start as well (unsuccessfully). I usually wait till one hits the right string before throwing the one in the hand into the shuffle. I figure the only reason it doesn't work is because I suck at 3d. I bet Zack or Dekel could probably make it work after a few tries.

-Duncan

Dennis

3d low throw-start
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:53 PM »
hi you! ;)

I try 3d low for two weeks now and I've made a little progress! :D I can do 5-7 otts now!
But the wrap start isn't certain right now so I decided to try another start!

Do you think the throw start is much more difficult than the wrap start or the trapez start? Or is the throw start okay? ??? :)

I want to try the throw start but I don't know what I have to consider!
I think it's important to catch the third diabolo very close to the right stick and then to open the arms widely! Is that correct?? ::)

thanks for all your answers and help!

Dennis

p.s: I think of something like this: http://www.2diabolo.net/media/guystarting3diabolos.mpg
hi! :P

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: 3 Diabolos Low: Throw Start, Anyone?
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 03:33:51 PM »
I've merged your topic with this old one, Dennis. There's a few posts on the first page of this thread which might answer your question, especially by Guy.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »
Actually, i'm practicing the 3d low with a throw start. I started like 5 months ago
and decided to give it practice time 20mins/session (so 1hour a week). I'm not sure
how fast people usually get 3d low going but it actually feels sometimes like banging
your head against the wall.

Most of my progress i made in first month (to ott 9), but since that it has been depressing.
And my throw is really solid, as started diaboloing before millenium i learned everything with
a throw first. So my wraps tart is really horrible even with 2d. I think  i'm going to stick with
the throw start even if i agree on wrap start being easier. Maybe something good will come
out of it. I'll let you know when i get it, hopefully before the next millenium...

So to Dennis, it could be faster to learn it with a wrap. But you're not alone. There are others
honoring the old school as well. ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
Never forget the trapeze start. Its easy to learn and you'll get the start perfect everytime as soon as you can get it.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Dennis

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 07:46:01 AM »
@William: Yeah, I tried the trapeze start lots of times but the diabolo in the trapez always slips down and courses a crash!
What do I do wrong?

Please help me,

Dennis

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
I recently wrote about this - today. :)

Quote from: William
How well the trapeze will hold is dependant on what sticks you are using. But you can use any sticks theoretically. My guess would be you're using Xtremes. The only thing I can thing of is try to keep the stick (with the trapeze around it) pointing at the axle, hopefully this'll stop it slipping down.

Quote from: William
With my carbons a trapeze worked fine first time I ever tried it. I keep the my thumb inbetween the two sticks to keep them apart. So try that.

Hopefully this helps Dennis. Here is the thread which will help you with Starting 3 low from a Trapeze: 3D Trapeze Start Tutorial. This thread is alot better for helping you. Have a look at the video.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Dennis

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »
oh, sry, I didn't see that! ;)

Thanks a lot for your help, William!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal