Author Topic: Vortex tutorial : Base trick and advanced variations  (Read 45974 times)

Jeppe

Vortex tutorial : Base trick and advanced variations
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2006, 05:22:02 PM »
i got problems with this.so i front wrap the right diab then pull it upbut when i do this the left diab just flies off the string to the left.and this is so annoying..so what is the problem?

fredo

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2006, 05:27:58 PM »
a vortex is mainly a left hand motion! wrap in the first diab and pull a sot of  sun with your left hand with the second one.

Jeppe

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »
tried it but they just end up crashing to eachother

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2006, 06:14:50 PM »
if they crash then either add some more speed to the diabolo or try to incorparate the right hand a bit.

Move the right hand to the left to start the motion, then do all the rest with the left.  (that's if you a righty)

Josh

martijn

Re: Vortex tutorial : Base trick and advanced variations
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »
I'm uploading it right now.

EDIT: here it is - www.circuspla.net/mirror/Vortex_tutorial.mpg

_Matz_

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2006, 09:46:09 AM »
cant get it, because i don't understand what left had do, i swing right hand, and left swings himself, "free", but then i got problems with catching both diabolos.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

martijn

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2006, 02:13:24 PM »
That made abslutely no sense whatsoever.

DiaboloFeeling

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
hey hey!
This is a tutorial that i've made some time ago...The titles is in spanish but i hope the videos can help you!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uatLThCegE
Its so hard doing love on a diabolo...on a diabolo...

Matt D

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Okay I screw up alot but when I get the vortex right the diabolo's are far to close togeather and I can not keep the anti-shuffle going or wrap the diabolo that is coming to the string. How can I get the anti-shuffle large enough to wrap the diabolo with my right hand?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 09:56:21 PM »

Okay I screw up alot but when I get the vortex right the diabolo's are far to close togeather and I can not keep the anti-shuffle going or wrap the diabolo that is coming to the string. How can I get the anti-shuffle large enough to wrap the diabolo with my right hand?

Okay I didn't understand the other parts but if you want a nice anti-shuffle it needs to be very asynch
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

nev

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 04:05:51 PM »

Push up and over (to the left) with the right wrapped one & use your left hand more to swing the other diabolo up and around the wrapped one - this should keep them nicely separated.

Okay I didn't understand the other parts but if you want a nice anti-shuffle it needs to be very asynch

A nice anti-shuffle does not NEED to be asynch (its just easier asynch at first).  I can anti-shuffle sync / asynch / right hand only / left hand only, so can GTom. - just practice and see what feels good to you
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 05:18:44 AM »
Oh yeah sorry Nev. I can drive it too cause I'm working on one handed antishuffle- Tried this before?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »
Wait , is Jgherkin a lefty?

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »
I have trouble doing a frontwrap... when i do it, one diabolo flips off and the other ends up in a backside.
Can anyone help?

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2007, 07:19:38 AM »
Finally can do vortex, phew.

Anyway, I'll start working on the variations in the tutorial (suicide variations are hot). A bit late maybe, but thanks for the tutorial!!!
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Dennis

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »
Hi!

I've already watched  lots of videos with Vortex tutorials but I still can't do it! (I can do the left frontwrap and push it to the left but then they crash into each other!?!?! ???)

That's why I made a short video(the quality isn't very good, but I hope you can see everything clearly! ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3yCcWmTG4   

Please help me because I want to do that trick!..... >:(  (I'm a righty by the way.....)

cheers,

Dennis
hi! :P

tipiphil

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2007, 04:22:49 PM »
In your video you are bringing your left hand across your body and under the left hand diabolo causing it to fall off.

Try keeping your left hand out to the left and swinging the left diabolo in a counter clockwise direction.

(I know too many lefts!!)  ;)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »
I think it's easier to think of the vortex as keeping the diabolo still with the right hand (forcefully stopping its regular clockwise motion) and then circling the other diabolo around with the left hand. In reality it's usually done with a bit of both hands, but while it's possible to do it entirely with the left hand, if you do it entirely with the right hand you'll have a hard time keeping the diabolos on the string.

So... stop the motion with right hand wrap (you're already doing that well), hold it there, circle the other diabolo around the bottom with a big motion from the left hand.

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »
No offense, I don't think I could duplicate a vortex attempt like that if I tried...
Vortex is easy Mate.
Stop the motion with the right frontwrap, And then push it over, And move your left hand up and around in a counter clockwise motion(From performers view)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »
What did it for me was seeing it as 2 different ''tricks'', the first is frontwrapping and ''pushing'', causing the other diabolo to get in a left backwrap. You still haven't used your left hand!! When the diabolo is backwrapped you can wait for maybe 2 seconds (with clean string) before moving on to the second ''part'' of the trick. After the ''other'' diabolo is backwrapped, you just unwrap it to the right. This second part is the same as whan you exit a basi sprinkler to fan for instance. When you can do the two seperate ''tricks'' you can start working on making it fluent, so it looks like 1 smooth trick.

Maybe it helps, it did for me ;)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal