Author Topic: [SHORT VIDEO] Stay up late  (Read 12575 times)

tommi

• VotW Contributor
[SHORT VIDEO] Stay up late
« on: December 06, 2007, 11:32:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWnR5aeN2w

Some stuff from me, most clips are filmed quite a while ago. But there is some nice things I think. I thought I'd share it since there isn't any video of me online. Comment it if you feel like it.

Oh, yeah the quality is awful, I can make download-able one also maybe if that makes someone happy.

Edit:http://www.juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php?viewkey=f81e16c676ddb977c588 Streaming and download

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: [SHORT VIDEO] Stay up late
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 12:33:59 AM »
The quality isn't that awful... your very talented ;D
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

looby

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:58:06 AM »
Your string control in and out of your mini colomns is awesome.  Sean will be proud.  Nice transfers as well
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 01:18:17 AM »
quite nice,  finally a video with more 2d than 1 and 3  ;D
doesnt seem like you put a lot of time into the editing but the black&white makes a nice atmosphere
download version would be nice

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 07:54:35 AM »
i want to see more!

tommi = new favorite diaboloist!

the fan stuff was nice and the mini columns was great.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 08:47:11 AM »
nice, i like the final trick! your style reminds me of busk. very smooth

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »
Good old 2D. I agree with Miesta about the last bit. We all love Busk.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »
Thanks for your comments all :).

That is true what you guys say about Busk, or I mean, I should thank him for the transfer pirouette in the last bit. I'm glad to hear you like my 2d stuff. Too bad I haven't practiced it lately very much, and I haven't practiced 1 or 3 that much either. It's the lack of space to practice due the wintertime (and general lazyness :P) One diabolo is what I have been mainly interested in lately, more of that coming if I make 'a real video' sometime.

And as I said these clips are quite old, the first 2d bit is filmed about a year ago. The parts where I'm wearing a scarf are newest ones, and they were filmed outdoors and it was pretty cold then. Rest of the stuff is from June or July. It would be nice to film something new, but there is no good place for that now.

I'm having problems with the download-version, where should I upload this thing?

Niclas

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »
You can upload to juggling.tv.
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 10:51:45 AM »
Dude that was amazing as always!

And I'm in one of the clips! :O

i want to see more!

tommi = new favorite diaboloist!

the fan stuff was nice and the mini columns was great.

There is more I know ;) Don't know if tommi is willing to upload it though... :D

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 11:00:18 AM »
Dude that was amazing as always!

And I'm in one of the clips! :O

I think I could also publish the the other video dude, the one that has many clips of you ;). What do you think dude, should I put it on the Internet dude?

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »
I think I could also publish the the other video dude, the one that has many clips of you ;). What do you think dude, should I put it on the Internet dude?

Sure. The clips of me suck, but overall I think that it would be a shame if it didn't get uploaded. Try to get a downloadable version working, because the quality is pretty good.

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »
Ok, Juggling.tv seems to work, I'll do some compressing and stuff and then put the video out maybe.

Squiggle

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »
Nice stuff,  Just wondering about the string control stuff; 0:30

Is this just a sun to mini columns - anti sun back to mini columns?  Looked like you did something else with it...But :donno:

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

Is this just a sun to mini columns - anti sun back to mini columns?  Looked like you did something else with it...But :donno:

It can be a sun and anti-sun, but it's also more of a short fan motion. I've played with it as well and I think it works much easier (and is easier on the brain to conceptualize) to think of it as short c-fans to minis to short ac-fans to minis and so on.

Walton

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »
great fan to turn around near the end

fredo

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
I actually liked the editing, that b&w/short clip style is nice.

The tricks were cool, you have the kind of style I could watch all day. 2d kicks ass!

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »

That is pretty much it yeah, but like Duncan, I think it as single turns of fan (which a sun happens to be). Or actually I think it as sun to columns to ac-fan to columns ;D But it really makes no difference.

Thanks for your comments, making this video actually has motivated me to practice a bit more 2d now. (And the fact that I'm having 'bout 10 performances coming in the beginning of next year)

Squiggle

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 02:43:29 AM »
That is pretty much it yeah, but like Duncan, I think it as single turns of fan (which a sun happens to be). Or actually I think it as sun to columns to ac-fan to columns ;D But it really makes no difference.

Thanks for your comments, making this video actually has motivated me to practice a bit more 2d now. (And the fact that I'm having 'bout 10 performances coming in the beginning of next year)

Yeh, I was just wondering because I've been working on that trick for a bit.  Practicing variations and thought you were doing one also :P

Hope to see more string control in the future =]

martijn

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 02:03:34 PM »
Nice style, I like it.

Great music too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal