Author Topic: Finesse Light Charger  (Read 2234 times)

mellowscholar

Finesse Light Charger
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »
I know this is yet another Finesse lights question, but I couldn't quite find the info I needed.

Concerning the Babache two-way Light Charger Splitter thing and its electronics:
Does anyone know what the voltage supplied to each jack is? Does it split it down from the 9V adapter to 4.5V for each light set?
The reason I ask is that I have this excellent multi-adapter thing where you can select the voltage it uses and has interchangeable jacks, if the charger just uses 4.5V then I could get away with not buying it. I would just give it a go but I've already broken one set of batteries this week by being stupid with my adapter.

Sorry to start another topic but I think it's an interesting question.

mofro

• Donator
Re: Finesse Light Charger
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »
i had a similar problame and i honestly could not find out the voltage supplied at all i would assume that it would split into 4.5v but thats just an educated guess, in all truth i would say that its prob just worth buying the adapter, if you shop around you can buy both the separate parts quite cheep.

mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

mellowscholar

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:37:48 PM »
I'm assuming that it's going to be 4.5V, I need to buy some new batteries anyway so I'll try it at 4.5, if I can get a really cheap charger I'll give it a go.

tipiphil

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »
I need to buy some new batteries anyway so I'll try it at 4.5, if I can get a really cheap charger I'll give it a go.

The new batteries should say somewhere what the voltage is.
The batteries supplied with these light kits have a nominal voltage of 1.2V, which probably means they are classed as 1.5V batteries, 6 supplied total is 3 per side x 1.5 = 4.5V per side.  If you charge each side on 4.5V you should be OK.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal