Author Topic: SnowBound: DiaboloBros  (Read 36654 times)

Beni

Re: SnowBound: DiaboloBros
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2008, 06:18:25 PM »
I was expressing an opinion.
So was I. That makes that argument null and void; in almost any case. Please don't use it again.

For such a long video there was a deffinate lack of variation in location.
Well for some of us it isn't easy to film outside. The film's about diabolo, not artistic photography. We're all a little spoilt by beautiful videos like Busk's.

As for the vertax duicides
They were some of the nicest vertax tricks I have seen. Stop claiming that Al's vertax duicides aren't his own.  And he is not overusing them in the slightest, that's like saying langerz overuses slack suicides or Sharpes overuse vertax passing.

Me shoveling sh*t on everything. Very mature Beni. Am i not allowed to express my opinion.
It is a reference to an eminem song. It is a subtle use of aliteration and fits quite nicely with my rant :). Maybe also, it communicates to you on your level. Maybe not. You're just jealous you didn't think to reference something cool like that. Yes, I am being patronising. :).
Anyway, stop sh*tpicking (I know I'm a little guilty of this myself).

You do not have to be the good Samaritan for everyone. relax.
Good Samaritan? I wish...

Dan, you have a point, but look at it this way: put 100 and chances are some will fight. Actually, this forum is (compared to others I have seen) very clean and friendly — the mods do an extremely good job.

Beni

P.S. If it's awesome, it's in the video — clean or not. That's my belief :).

TomerB

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2008, 06:32:27 PM »
I don't get it. Is it so hard to say something good about a video ?

The comments here just make me sick, i can't believe how hard it became to post a good comment about a video, it wasn't so bad as you describe it.

I've seen a couple of videos with four diabolo high, but never saw Tony complaining. I can't see the reason that Al couldn't use the Excalibur Integral. As long as the trick isn't copyrighted, everybody can use it on their videos.

Some of the people here are just horrible ( aka " Ass Suckers " ), there is no reason giving somebody those disguisting comments, that kind of comments will lead people to be afraid if your comments and not making videos.

Al - your video is great. Keep making such videos and don't pay attention to the donkeyholes in here.

Good luck, Tomer.

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »
that is nice video. and im sure your next is even better! (after snow has melted) :)

robbie322

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:18 PM »
the hostility and bitchiness is a joke and it's well out of order. enough i say.
Making the possible totally impossible

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:50 PM »
I haven't posted a comment due to all the bitching, but I might aswell shove my thoughts into the mix aswell.

That video was frustrating more than anything. You definately have the ability to make a good video, but you're filming tricks that aren't solid, original or nice to look at. By my reckoning you've thought of a theme to make a video and tried to stick every trick you have remotely solid into it while there was still snow around.

It's a fine (maybe even good) 'look what I can do after a year' video, but if you'd have given it more thought and time it could have been a good 'diabolo video.'

Don't take this the wrong way either because you've made very good progress trick-wise, but you have to realise that there's more than just learning tricks to be a good diaboloer and making a good video. An example of this is 'Of Baguettes and Diabolos' -when this was released not only were the tricks very hard, but they were also creative, innovative and pleasing on the eye.

I'm not saying to rip-off that Antonin and Eric, but a lot of things can be taken from that vid. When you get a spare 10 minutes watch it and compare it to yours, their vid is full of combos. Over their whole 10 minute video they probably only have 3 or 4 cuts that were not combos, just single tricks whereas yours is completely the opposite. It's things like these that will make the video memorable, not just "3-low after a year, that's pretty good." Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from with this and try a different approach with your next video.

I'm not just having a go at you, your progress is to be commended, but given another year you could blow that video out of the water. I used to think diabolo is just about learning as many tricks as possible. I soon realised that it's a lot more than that and that is what makes it interesting.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying, although it might seem a bit harsh you could probably look back on some of this critisism in a years time and think "some of the stuff that was said was useful afterall."

Look forward to seeing what you do with your next video (don't rush it for God's sake!!),

-Leo

BTW: sorry for the overly long post, but I felt I needed to justify some of what I said!
Behind your back is your front.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »
All im going to say is sorry for not being more tactfull with my words. im out.

Better?
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »
Some of the people here are just horrible ( aka " A** Suckers " ), there is no reason giving somebody those disguisting comments, that kind of comments will lead people to be afraid if your comments and not making videos.

Al - your video is great. Keep making such videos and don't pay attention to the a**holes in here.

Good luck, Tomer.
Thanks Tomer, bang on.
that is nice video. and im sure your next is even better! (after snow has melted) :)
Thanks, your advice helped m on that sun, much appreachiated.
I'm not just having a go at you, your progress is to be commended, but given another year you could blow that video out of the water. I used to think diabolo is just about learning as many tricks as possible. I soon realised that it's a lot more than that and that is what makes it interesting.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying, although it might seem a bit harsh you could probably look back on some of this critisism in a years time and think "some of the stuff that was said was useful afterall."
Evwn now I don't "shun critisism" I'm open to the ideas and opinions of others around my videos, and thank you for expressing yours, I will take all comments from this thread into consideration in my next video, until then,

-DiaboloBro
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Beni

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »
Peace Matt, and sorry too :).

I see Leo's point about combos, my way of remembering tricks I have made up is to stick 'em in a combo. Then you find cool ways of linking and maybe find a few new tricks in the process. I think maybe you should try this Al.

Beni

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:03 PM »
Some of the people here are just horrible ( aka " Ass Suckers " ), there is no reason giving somebody those disguisting comments, that kind of comments will lead people to be afraid if your comments and not making videos.

Really, grow up. You're complaining about the comments, and making ones like that? That will only create more conflict. Quit the childish name calling.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »
I don't get it. Is it so hard to say something good about a video ?

The comments here just make me sick, i can't believe how hard it became to post a good comment about a video, it wasn't so bad as you describe it.

I've seen a couple of videos with four diabolo high, but never saw Tony complaining. I can't see the reason that Al couldn't use the Excalibur Integral. As long as the trick isn't copyrighted, everybody can use it on their videos.

Al - your video is great. Keep making such videos and don't pay attention to the donkeyholes in here.

Good luck, Tomer.

You the man. Diabolo is not about claiming tricks, were a community after all.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2008, 12:09:23 AM »
A community that resorts to childish name calling. I'm out.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2008, 12:48:52 AM »
William, No one cares.
The video was alright, cut the guy a break.
Bit long, bit sloppy but still some mad skills for a lil guy with long string.
Your fans generally suck though is my one criticism but everything else, excusing the vertax because you all know how i feel about it, was all cool, and I
think the sketchiness of it all brought some life to it.

GT

Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

pippy

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »
It was good and not too repetitive, except for the juggling bits that were tedious.  I still stick to my previous opinion that the a 3-4 min vid of tricks that are well linked would have been better, though your progress and ability is staggering! Well done.

I know we got past the trick stealing theory but maybe you should just put a bit in the credits saying 'thanks to' instead next time round, because those tricks can't be stolen as they aren't copyrighted or an object to own, but a thank you is just polite.  In my opinion, without the names being shown throughout the video, it would have made it less, 'look what I can do' and more of a normal diabolo video (if you can define normal ???).

aka " Ass Suckers "
Tomer, chill. People are allowed their opinions (as nasty as they can be) but I also know we all have to remember the boring yet useful idea of constructive criticism, let alone polite criticism Tomer. :-\
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2008, 01:28:52 AM »
William, No one cares.

I think you need to take a nap.

Squiggle

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2008, 02:05:57 AM »
I like icecream.

End of thread.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2008, 02:11:45 AM »
Tomer, chill. People are allowed their opinions (as nasty as they can be) but I also know we all have to remember the boring yet useful idea of constructive criticism, let alone polite criticism Tomer. :-\
Okay, hear is the deal with the whole people are allowed their opinions thing, this isn't only about this particular one, this is merely a microcosmic example if you will. Tomer, though harsh in his words was disagreeing with an opinion, due to the phrasing of words in them...(ironic ???). He has every right to his opinion aswell, however, critisizing a critisism ABOUT a critisism, hasn't this gone too far? Everyone is allowed to express their opinion but they should know that if their opinion is phrased hashly, it will be responded to in a similar way, so trying to null Tomer's opinion, while saying people are allowed their opinion? Come on.

BTW, can't this end already?

MOD: sorry your post happened in the middle of mine. I also like ice cream, end of thread.....Again.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2008, 02:13:16 AM »

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »
i don't feel that this thread has to be ended just like that, i realise that my opinion doesn't really matter to most of you, but i do feel that this conversation as been a long time coming. i have been noticing alot of arguing just for the sake of it. is it really necessary? if you want to argue join a debate forum don't unleash it here just because.
for what it matters. my opinion.

josh.
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »
i realise that my opinion doesn't really matter to most of you
Oh come on, the thread is over because of unessesary argument, I'm sorry for posting again, but that needed to be said. Now that it has:
I like icecream.

End of thread.

Daniel

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »
Your fans generally suck

lol i love that, especialy coming from you lol

video shows good skills al

daniel,

edit: oops end of thread

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal