Author Topic: 3 diabolo high tutorial  (Read 7187 times)

un con

3 diabolo high tutorial
« on: December 31, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
It's a tutorial to learn 3 high, sorry because the tutorial is in french but it's easy to understand with images. And maybe I'll do an english version if I've got the time to do it and if my english level is good enough.

The youtube version (below) and a version which could be download here

Sorry for my english.   Arthur  (no problem Arthur - I made a few small edits above -Sean)

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=NppMUYOljgE
-Edit - Sean: Here are English subtitles:
To learn 3 diabolos you need: -3 diabolos -1 pair of sticks
And sunglasses if you are practicing outdoors
And an open space with lots of height.
Start by warming up to prevent neck pain.
Start with 1 diabolo and try to move your feet as little as possible.
Now do it with 2 diabolos always trying to not move your feet.
Now pretend you are juggling 3 diabolos but with one of the diabolos invisible. Try to move as little as possible.
Now you have to choose how you want to start 3 diabolos.
Throw start or stopover start
After you have chosen your start, you'll need to practice it with 2 diabolos first.
Next, it is time to try this with 3 diabolos and your chosen start.
Just before the start you may have the tendency to hold the stick like this
But, for maximum precision/control it's better if you hold the stick like this (right at the end)
Good luck!
Sorry if my english is bad

tommi

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 diabolo high tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:08:22 AM »
Nice tutorial, damn I love high diaboloin' on summery days like that. ;)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »
Sweet tutorial! That's going to help me quite a lot. I studied french at GCSE and I get the idea of what you were saying. I wish you'd put the video on here yesterday as I got in a gym for the first time in months (quite literally) yesterday and practiced 3 high for about 15 minutes and the best I could manage was 15 catches :(

Ah well I'm sure I'll make some progress with it this summer.

Thanks again,

-Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Beni

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »
That's a great tutorial.

When I try the trapeze start, the diabolo in the trapeze always slips down and hits the other one. How do I sop this?

Beni

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
When I try the trapeze start, the diabolo in the trapeze always slips down and hits the other one. How do I sop this?

happens with me too, when I can get the throw un, I can do well but I eliminate about 3/4 of my practice time with this. Hanstick change?
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »
put your thumb on the string or put some tape on the tip of your stick - either will stop the trapezed diabolo slipping down.

or if you find the right handstick position it will hold fine without the above.

Oh and nice tutorial btw
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 01:40:24 PM »
Turning your handstick so that it's in line with the axel helps a bit. You could also use the ghetto method: putting insulating tape around your handsticks.

If you have bearing diabs the trapeze doesn't slip though, so you could learn to start 3 high this way and then when you've got it solid learn another entry to it.

Behind your back is your front.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »
Very nice - thanks!

Well, I didn't go to French immersion in school for nothing! (although sometimes I think I did ;) ) I've translated it. I added it to the post at the top, if you want you could add it to the video.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 12:54:17 AM »
Turning your handstick so that it's in line with the axel helps a bit. You could also use the ghetto method: putting insulating tape around your handsticks.
With my Aluminiums I just have a larger sized knot so the string wont slip out of the trapeze or fall down.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

NeoRufus

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
I'm learning 3 high and I'm using the trapeze start. It's starting to work (record is 6 throws), but I have a problem sometimes.

I've got 1d on the string and 1 in trapeze, throw the 3th one up and launch the first from my string. Now for about 40% of the times the diabolo that is being "un-trapezed" gets in a 'knot' (the string is twisted, but not around the axle) and is unable to launch.
Anyone with similar problems that can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I can't really tell myself because I'm looking up when doing this. If I try the trapeze start with only 2 diabolos I don't have this problem, probably because I don't have to hurry. I also don't think it is the trapeze slipping down since I can launch the first diabolo without a problem.

EDIT: I'm using standard finesses.

logoman04

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 12:09:42 AM »
nice tutorial! once i get 2d and 2 high down, im definatley coming to this!!
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal