Author Topic: [Tutorial] Arjan's 2 diabolo mini genocide, by norbi  (Read 21886 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
[Tutorial] Arjan's 2 diabolo mini genocide, by norbi
« on: February 26, 2005, 03:11:30 PM »
So here it is, for all your guys (and girls) that wanted to see a clearer (well at one point it isnt too easy to see the sticks, but not impossible) video, and/or learn how to do it. I will first do a quick (yeah right) walkthrough, followed by a video, enjoy... p.s. sorry for the essay, i like to be thorough

1) always learn the fundamental basic moves for the bigger trick, in this case a knot and a mini genocide with 1 diabolo, as explained below...
1.5) 1 diabolo - right handed backwrap, unwrap it into a stick trap, swing it into the string and around to another sticktrap (you are now in a classic magic knot position if you didnt already understand that [i believe its called  a fritz release])
1.5.2) then line up the string with the left hand side of the axle and fire the diabolo into it from the knot position, this wil cause you to end up in a cross handed position. (this knot and release is shown in close up on the vid)
1.5.2.i'm not sure where this is going) then swing it to the right and do a mini genocide (see here for help on that. Then do all that in one motion, the firing of the diabolo out of the knot actually does make it swing back the other way if you do it right.

2) get 2 diabolos going. Do the backwrap to knot on any given diabolo (but not both) then as you fire it over to the right make sure the diabolo goes in front of the other diabolo and then down below it (exactly like a long vortex/frontwrap transfer)
2.5) as the, now backsided, diabolo comes back over to the right hand side, unwrap the left diabolo which will have ended in a frontwrap (otherwise it winds up or just generally messes up the whole thing [if you do alot of vortices or transfers then this should happen without actually thinking about it {ok, that is another fundamental basic you may want to learn but it isnt required (much)}])
2.5.a million) do a mini genocide with the diabolo that is backsided and swinging towards the right, the timing on this part (when yo let go of the stick and grab the string) is the hardest part, but with some experimenting, you will get it.
3) you should end up in a frontwrap, so for style points vortex out. If the miniG isnt quite right you might end in a backwrap, in this case just do a backwrap. If you are unsure (becuase vortexing a backwrap does unhealthy things to the string) go into and arm stall and see what position you are in, then come out of that in the nessarcary (sp?) way, if dont smoothly people will think its part of the trick.

Ok, if all of that made sense then you wont need the video, if some/all of it did, you will need the video. Either way, reading the instructions and then sort of mentally following them whilst watching the video is the best way i think.

here it is, enjoy...

Paul

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »
Chers Norbi. Nice video and well explained
Peace

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 04:34:52 PM »
Yeh, that really helped sort it all out in my head, so I can do the trick in theory  :)  Must've bin freezin out when you filmed that, it wasn't even snowing when I filmed my tutorial and my hands were ready to drop off!

I'll have that genocide down before I go to bed, promise  :wink:

seán_

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 08:29:41 PM »
great tutorial Norbi and great trick Arjan. I have crossposted a link to this thread in the [trick] Genocides - Mini Genocides so that people wanting to learn 1d mini genocides can see the way you do them for this trick.

Thanks again Norbi for the time and effort that must have gone into that. even after seeing you play with it in Brum I was not too sure what was going on, I have a much better idea now, I just need to put the work in and hope I have the skill. (Ihate magic knots on the right though. Its one of my bogey  tricks ;) )

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
Yeap, it's a nice trick Arjan. Norbi, in Canada we do this thing where if it's snowing we don't diabolo outside in a t-shirt... maybe we're just strange. :)

I re-edited the video and the compression. It's down to 7.3mb now.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:29:23 AM »
Well Sean, as strange as it may sound, it wasnt snowing when i set up the camera and took my jumper (sweatshirt/hoody/whatever) off. Then as i started diaboling it just spontaneously started snowing, as i have the trick reasonably down now, i knew it wouldnt take long to film that trick so i just figured that the snow would make it look cooler and it would be worth sticking out the cold for a couple of minutes. I think i will make another long video soon (it's about time) in a style influenced almost entirely by Japanese diabolo, i already have some ideas for a couple of crazy combos with the minigeno in.

Well done with the video, i especially like the re-edit (putting your name at the beginning ;-) )

Hope this helps people, i havnt had as much response as i thought i would.

Gartok

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 05:51:20 PM »
Thank you norbi, that´s kind of videos help very much beginers like me. Thank you very much

Arjan

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 10:40:17 PM »
Very kewl video! I`m amazed about how fast you learnd to do this trick consistent. Congratz!

Alex

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 12:17:44 AM »
All I can say is... that's an amazing trick (now that I can see it properly  :lol: ).

murifri

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 06:58:12 PM »
I was amazed just by how hard it looked the first time I saw this trick now thats it's been explained I'm amazed at the skill it took to come up with that and get it going consistently.

Definatly something to play with tonight at the juggling club.

Cheers

martijn

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 07:27:22 PM »
It's a nice tutorial, I know what to do, but my problem is that the left diabolo stops when swinging the right diabolo in front to the left :( Is my string too short perhaps? Help?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »
well that one ends in a wrap, so as you unwrap it it slows it down, so get  alot of speed on both diabolos before the trick (watch the vid again)

ironfl0wer

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 09:34:04 PM »
wow that vid is amazing... :D

Katari

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 06:11:20 PM »
i tried very hard for more than an hour now and i keep having one problem: i miss... i get that magic knot, get into the right position, get the left diabolo out of the wrap, but then i miss the right diab with my mini genocide. any hints or is it just a lack of training? i have no problem doing it with one diabolo.

well anyway, great tutorial, video is very good and the text is good too, but only after having watched the vid.
lalalalalalalalala *smile*

looby

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 06:32:19 PM »
thanks martijn, and good work on the site update, im liking the new videos. plenty for me to learn  :D
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 10:24:06 PM »
Well, after mucho searching through my computer, i found nothing! (Ok, i found a lot, but none of it was that video) So if anyone else has it, they are welcome to host it, or send it to me and i will.

Update: Big thanks to Viktor Bollen, who e-mailed me my own video (of Arjan's trick [edited by Sean {Oooooh, what a collaboration}])
And i have just uploaded it, so....
http://norbithejuggler.co.uk/temp/2d_minigen_tut.mpeg

Enjoy.

jammy

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »
it is a great little trick!

sean! you should be used to the snow in canada! lol
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 07:33:17 AM »
Yeah maybe Sean should, but it is Norbi in the video!
Behind your back is your front.

n1diablo

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 10:18:13 PM »
A real cool trick, I'm gonna try it tomorrow!

Beni

Re: [Tutorial] Arjan's 2 diabolo mini genocide, by norbi
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 04:24:27 PM »
What's the music? I have heard it before loads, it's so catchy! I just don't know what it is...

[Sorry for the bump, but it is an awesome tutorial :).]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal