Author Topic: help with sprinkler exit  (Read 3191 times)

robbie322

help with sprinkler exit
« on: January 13, 2008, 09:31:53 PM »
hello,
when i try to use the stick release to suicide, my stick just falls and becomes tangled. im not sure what im doing wrong, isnt the stick supposed to suicide of its own accord? has anyone had this problem before?
thanks, rob.
Making the possible totally impossible

Walton

Re: help with sprinkler exit
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »
I can do this but I'm not very good, I think what you are supposed to do is obviously get the sprinkler going steadily and once one of the diabolos comes around to your right side just let go of the stick, the diabolo should bring the stick all the way back around

robbie322

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »
i tried, but no luck at all. grrrrr.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »
Which sprinkler are you using? Left hand wrap or right hand wrap?

robbie322

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:44:25 PM »
left hand. and now im startin to think i cant be doing a sprinker at all. when i do the trick, its looks like 2 diabolos going round in a  knot like after a 1d sun pull if you get my drift.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
make sure that when you release the right stick that is is slightly forward of your left stick, it may be that youtr suiciding and the stick is un-wrapping on the wrong side causing a sun. just a thought?

mofro.
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

robbie322

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »
when i tried that one diabolo falls out and im left with a horrible knot on the remaining one. anyway im off to bed, ill check back in the morning.

aznalien

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 11:20:19 PM »
hello,
when i try to use the stick release to suicide, my stick just falls and becomes tangled. im not sure what im doing wrong, isnt the stick supposed to suicide of its own accord? has anyone had this problem before?
thanks, rob.

mayb it getting tangled would be because the stick comes around too fast. when i first got down the suicide relesase like a week ago, the stick came by too fast, sometimes i didnt realize the stick came by, n it just fell and the diabolos got tangled... but after a while and practice i got it, i found it easier if you didnt "go" to the stick with your hand, but rather let the stick "come" to your hand.
hahaha. TRU DAT BROTHA!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 12:09:52 AM »
Sounds to me that when you release the stick its unwrapping in the wrong direction. Like trying to unwrap a left wrap with a right wrap. You could be wrapping with a left front wrap. Thats what I originally did until Jake pointed out that I was.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

cpai

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:35:20 AM »
It sounds to me that you are doing an external sun, not a sprinkler. If you are doing a sun, you should have a shuffle with a double twist on top. Then if you release the stick, everything will fall apart. To do a sprinkler, you must make sure that the string hits both diabolos to end with a wrap around both diabolos. Then to do the suicide, all you really need to do is release the stick; it will go around on its own accord due to the momentum of both diabolos.

robbie322

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
cpai, youve nailed it, didnt think it looked like a sprinkler much. ill go work on trying to get a sprinkler

robbie322

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:49 PM »
Sweet, just got a sprinkler, didnt pull it off but ill keep on it. thanks everybody!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal