Author Topic: Harlequin or Circus?  (Read 6795 times)

joeyjoejoe56

Harlequin or Circus?
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:36:57 PM »
Hey guys, im thinking of buying a new diabolo, and wondering which would be the best to go for Harlequin or Circus, i have looked about the forums but havent really found a direct answer to what would be best for me, at the moment i have a Henry's Jazz, but im looking to advance to better things, is it all depending on your own prefrences or is there a better choice between the two. wb

Rick

Re: Harlequin or Circus?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »
Buy a finesse or a circus, those are the two i prefer. they are really stable diabolos and both have their ups and downs. If you can try them out at your local juggling shop, it's personal preference. :)

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
It is personal preferance, but please look at this post :  http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=422.0

And then this post : http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1480.0

i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

matthewthegreat

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:48:28 AM »
I like the finesse but the circus is good too. When I tried the Harlequin I didn't like it at all. So yes get a finesse or a circus!

stryju

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 04:40:55 AM »
circus with tuning kit! (i use JC's kit - it's marvelous!)

Rastaman

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 09:28:52 AM »
i would deffinetly go for circus or finesse(preferably 3G :)) Ive tried them both and you just cant miss the perfect feeling they give ya. Since ive also tried harlequin and i most deffinetly didnt like it i say circus or finesse. Harlequin sucks for 2d or more ;D
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 10:03:44 AM »
Harlequin sucks for 2d or more ;D

I disagree strongly. Harlequins are excellent for learning 2D. And anything really.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Rastaman

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:32:44 AM »
I disagree strongly. Harlequins are excellent for learning 2D. And anything really.

In my experience they were quite bad when i played 2d. As for finesse or circus they are very good for 2d as i have experienced.
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

jacky

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 06:51:25 PM »
you should get the diabolo that you like and that diabolo is the best diabolo for you.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 07:04:22 PM »
i learnt on harlequins, when doing two they practically shuffle on thier own but they are very bad for corrections, unstable and they dont spin for very long at all. also one of mine got a split down one cup and that was after , maybe, two years of not very solid use

paul.w92

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »
same as ben i learnt all the 1d tricks with harlequin and then bought another to leaarn 2d but they were so crap for learing2d!! correcetions are impossible beacuse the cups are to hard so i bought 2 circuses so def the cirus

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 12:43:32 AM »
harlequins are harder to correct because of the cup angles and wieght. however, great for some 2d tricks. so far i can only do double sprinkler with harlequins and not circus'. and i learnt fans easier with harlequins over circus'. id go with circus because its easier to vertax, correct 2d and their lighter so you can play longer, but yeh, both have pros and cons

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 02:55:15 AM »
I assume you've looked through the gear sticky? http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

I guess we need to update that sticky a bit though...

Basically, the big 3 top of the line diabolos have been for a while now:
Finesse, Circus (but do get plastic hubs!), or the Yoho. Recently 2 new diabolos have been released and more widely distributed. They are *very* good too. See the threads at the top of the gear subforum right now.

The harlequin is decent, but given the choice, I think most experienced diaboloists would choose one of those mentioned above. I've seen lots of people start off with harlequins quite successfully... and then move on.

Dojka

Harlequin or Circus?
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »
I have got Harlequin, but i want Circus. I think Circus is better because is heavier but smaller.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 01:20:10 AM »
The Jumbo Harlequin which most use (I don't know if that's a fact or not, but our club has more of them than the Medium) is 30g heavier than the Henrys Circus.  Both are 130mm I believe but the Harlequin is a bit longer along the axle.

I like Circus because of the weight and the cup material.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 07:11:39 AM »
I have got Harlequin, but i want Circus. I think Circus is better because is heavier but smaller.
i thought harlequins were heavier?? and harlequins are only smaller in diameter, and longer in length, if i remember correctly...
what did you choose joeyjoejoe56?

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »
circus or fly all the way!!!!!
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Marco

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »
Hey! I had a Jazz too. I bought 2 Finesses, and they are good. I am planning to buy third finesse because it is easier to practise 3d with three finesses than two jazzes and one harlequin medium(?). And between those two i vote for circus. I have tried both of them and i didnt like harlequin because it was kinda heavy or something... And the material in circus is great too.
But that is just my opinion.

-Marco

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal