Author Topic: Diabolo Clothing  (Read 9340 times)

Spink

Diabolo Clothing
« on: March 03, 2005, 01:43:06 PM »
I've had a look on the forum and cant see any related threads, so here we go.

As a keen diaboloist (is that right? i cant juggle any thing else so i dont feel like a juggler) i would quite like a Henry's or MB Tshirt to wear down at the pub or when i'm out.

Does any body know where i could get such things??

...back to that @~*>ing shuffle.... :(
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

diabololi

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 02:30:20 PM »
Hmm, I never like being a walking advertisment board, but I would certainly wear a diabolo shirt. Not sure how to go about getting one though.
Oli

barnesy

• Administrator
Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 03:06:38 PM »
I'm not sure about Henry's or Babache shirts - I'd try asking them directly if I wanted one.  There are sometimes diabolo themed T-shirts for sale at juggling conventions, though.

Eduardo

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 04:00:40 PM »
I was thinking about stamping my avatar in a t-shirt... but I'm quite lazy :P
If more people are interested I might look more into it...

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:06:49 PM »
I'd be interested as long as the cost ain't too much, I aint no big spender lol

I'm fine about advertising though, I wear shirts from various kayak manufacturers and even wear my Nintendo VIP shirt out, yeah I know, I'm cool  8)  hehe (but I only wear that for the "Touch Me" phrase on the front, brilliant effect that has  :wink: ) and besides it'd be kinda cool to promote diabolo around my college, might get some more peeps into it, maybe even make it a college activity next year if I can get enuf peeps.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 02:04:24 AM »
Does anyone know if the Diabology shirts the MFP have been known to where are available to the general public?  I would love to get one of those shirts personally.  Priam or JiBe have an answer?

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 02:52:37 AM »
Matt hall had (gave it to Antonin), a sweet spraypainted diabolo shirt. Not sure who made it for him, but if it's available to the public, I'd be very interested. Matt?

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

BlueNovember

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 07:26:57 PM »
Im keen on this idea too. Was going to make mine myself though:
http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/

"Diaboloing is not a crime"

Custom made. Probably low-quality, but worth a try. I'll post the photoshop image when I'm done. (Wanted to do more than plain text, but may go back to that if the lack of transparency looks bad.)

staticjuggler

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 09:17:26 PM »
How about right next to or underneath "Diaboloing is not a crime" put "Not diaboloing is a crime"

Static
www.staticjuggler.com

How mad would a wood chuck get if a big neon pink Koala bear named Ishtar ran into the woods and chucked all the wood before the woodchuck could chuck the wood?

Matt

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 09:17:56 PM »
Hi everyone!  

In answer to Jacob-san's question, the shirt in question was made and purchased at the EJC 2003 in Svendborg, Denmark.  It was my favorite shirt--airbrushed perfection, really.  I gave it to Antonin on a whim after I heard he was digging it.  Of course, I scored his MFP shirt so that's cool, even though it's a bit tight on me (I'm fatter than him).  

As for how you can get ahold of one of those beauties, I'm sorry to say that I have no idea.  I bought it from the guy who was making/selling them on the last day of the fest, and it was his last shirt.  He didn't have a card either.  

I suggest we all beg Antonin to let us borrow the shirt and copy it.  I know airbrush t-shirt guys here in Cali that could copy it easily.  

Matt
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

seán_

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
"Diaboloists get it higher" ?

/gets  coat

Tom_G

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 01:25:13 PM »
Nice one seán_ :lol:

Not as many opportunities for diabolo T-shirt slogans as juggling T-shirt slogans, because of all the ball jokes :) but maybe we could get some more ideas? What about:

"Diaboloists: breaking household objects since ancient China"

"Diaboloing: juggling with less balls"

"Is that a Henry's ally stick in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

Sorry, couldn't resist that last one  :wink:
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

iHelix

Diabolo Shirts?
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 05:53:29 AM »
Anyone know where to get shirts with Diabolo related stuff on them?  Example being Matt Hall's shirt with the red diabolo on it.

Punkerpanda

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 06:50:36 AM »
I dont know, but I was just talking about diabolo shirts with my friends yesterday.  A tad bit offtopic, but anybody have any good ideas for  things to put on t-shirts, that's diabolo related. I'm interesting in making some.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 08:55:40 AM »
I seem to remember a topic on this a couple of months back maybe there will be some help or ideas there.

http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=403&highlight=avatar

Found it.
Behind your back is your front.

Jonnyh

Diabolo Clothing
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 11:11:53 PM »
I managed to make a diabolo t-shirt awhile back

(see pic here: http://www.freewebs.com/collab1/tshirt1.htm)

This was made from some t shirts transfers that you can print off any design you want from a printer, and then you peel the back off, and iron the design on. Very handy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal