Author Topic: Taibolo or Sundia Sun?  (Read 18280 times)

Hack

Re: Taibolo or Sundia Sun?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 02:10:38 AM »
the Suns/Flys have wider axles than the Taibolos.

Well, the Suns/Flys do have wider axles, but the Taibolo's hubs are designed in a way that it makes them feel like they have a wider axle than they really do. I use the Taibolos, and I have no trouble doing hand grinds, or anything else that would require a wide axle.

Mr.D

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »
I agree with Hack, the Taibolos are great.

I wouldn't go for bearings for 2d-play, it's alot more difficult. It's alot easier to learn 2d with fixed axle diabolos (Off course you could buy Flys and attach some fixed axles on them, but seriously...).

If 2d is the goal, then Taibolos or Suns are the diabolos. I can't say about Suns, but I enjoy the Taibolos
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
I have tried the tiabolos and suns. I way preferred the suns because they feel so nice to use and heavier diabolos are better for me. (+they build muscle faster :P) I never looked back at my finesse after having suns.
However, when I tried the tiabolos, they also felt pretty good and they worked really nicely for tricks.
Both diabolos are very good, but I personally prefer the suns.
Sideways is rubbish

Simalacrum

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »
well, I don't really know much about Suns, but if your going to get Taibolo's I'd advise getting the Glary versions - Nev put them up on his website recently I believe, and they look way better than the standard Taibolo's, but with the same characteristics pretty much. :)

Arjan

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »
I'd say tiabolo's for sure!! It's the diabolo I'm using the most, but had a go with some suns or fly's and they are pretty good aswell. Only I don't own a set of them to have a good practice with them.
They might be a bit heavy, that's what I like about the lighter tiabolo's. Plus of their shape! Hope eventually to have a v2 kit to work with, which I know are even more awesome then my old ones.
Yeah tiabolo rocks!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
Hey! I'm gonna purchase 3 new diabolo's from Nev to learn my 3d =)
Because I noticed that learning 3d with taibolo's or suns was much easier then with my finesse's!

But I have one question..

I shall be practicing on the street everyday so wich would be better to buy? The Taibolo's or the Sundia's?

Thanks!

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »
sundias cuz taibolos can get  pretty sharp..
can't believe its not butter

Mr.D

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »
sundias cuz taibolos can get  pretty sharp..
What do you mean by "sharp"?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
they get shredded after a while and if it hits you then it can cut you

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
I think Suns are more durable if you want to diabolo off-grass.

If prefer Suns. That is mainly because I do 1d most of the time and for 1d the Sun is just too awesome. If you want some new diabolo's just for 3d/multiple diabolo play I'd say Taibolo's are also a good choice (Suns also...). I have to admit, Taibolo's are smooth as butter. But when I still had my Taibolo's I didn't feel really confident with 1d, I felt that they where just too light and plasticy for ''1d jamming''. For 2d however they felt great, although I still prefer Suns.

So; Suns get my vote anyday, but if you are looking for diabolo's for 2d/3d/4d/... playing, I could imagine that the Taibolo's would also be a decent choice.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 04:59:05 PM »
they get shredded after a while and if it hits you then it can cut you

What you mean with that Ben? Do you mean that pieces of the cups come off?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
.no, it means if you play over concrete, it will slice into the cup causing them to cut you

Mr.D

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »
.no, it means if you play over concrete, it will slice into the cup causing them to cut you
I've allready experienced this with my taibolos. Give you a mark when they hit you, thats for sure. Especially under the arms :-|

Arjan

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »
But if you treat them nice they will be nice to you!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 10:46:42 PM »
Yeah, if you abuse them they will get some sharp edges and bite back - I use mine over the rough all the time - but then, I like my diabolos to have some attitude
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 02:02:19 AM »
i have a quick question nev, are the glary diabolos any more durable?

Bish

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 11:22:42 AM »
i have to admit I've never used a Taibolo but i do have suns and i just love them

Fabs

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
If you want the bearings then get the Flys. If you like the shape of the diabolo but don't need the bearings, then get the Suns. The Taibolos are great too, but they feel quite different. If you haven't tried them but really liked the feeling of the Flys, then perhaps you'd be safest getting the Flys/Suns.
Also, if you like the Finesse with wide axles, keep in mind that the Suns/Flys have wider axles than the Taibolos.
I loved the bearings and the wide axle. I just ordered 2 Flies (actually 3; 2 for me and one for a mate) yesterday.

I'd say tiabolo's for sure!! It's the diabolo I'm using the most
Hmm.. I shall order those as well when I have too much money...

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 09:57:19 AM »
Ok.. I'm gonna order 3 diabolo's next week! Taibolo or Sundia.. I'm still thinking :P I played all the time with sundia's at the NJF but the Tais are so pretty! But if you all say they will get sharp edges and such if you play on concrete alot then il be better of getting sundia's maybe.. But what about if you just don't do high drops with taibolo's on concrete?

Such a hard choice  :(

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 01:29:22 PM »
spinning taiblolos will definitely shred on concrete. go sundia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal