Author Topic: finger grind/nail cutter  (Read 5098 times)

eminem2012

finger grind/nail cutter
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
how do i get into it? i want the one on top of finger as i have non wide axel. and please tell me how to do it

Squiggle

Re: finger grind/nail cutter
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »
Hey...Welcome to the forum.

Check the trick and video archive. -> http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2359.0

Or search before making a new topic -> http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?action=search;advanced

And I found this. -> http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=275

Hope it helps. ^_^

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:06 PM »
The simplest way is from a throw, as described here by DiaboloTricks.com.
I always prefered to do a magic knot that will release to the side, for example a Single Fritz Release, but before you throw the diabolo put both sticks in the same hand and balance the diabolo's axle on the finger nails of your other hand. If you pull the sticks and string away to release the magic knot you will be left in the Nail Cutter/Finger Grind position.

Good Luck.
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

eminem2012

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »
but my axel is very thin is it still possible

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
most likely unless your using a micro, its just a case of practice

eminem2012

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:11:50 PM »
been outside for 30 mins nothing happens and i need you all to tell me a good easy into it.all that happens to me is i throw it it hits the finger less than a second an falls plz help

Kobe

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »
Maybe you have to hold your hand in a different angle. Or the problem could be that you havent enough speed.

eminem2012

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »
someone please send me a video of someone finger grinding upclose with thin axel

Squiggle

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
Get a wide axle.

damiano3

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 01:14:39 AM »
I've just landed my first hand grinds today.  ;D  I'm using a finesse without the evo kit, so the axle is quite thin.  Have grinded (ground ?) for about 2 seconds.

To get into it I keep the sticks in both hands, moving the diabolo to the left of the string and then throwing it up like I do for my whip catches.  I then pass my left stick into right and position my left hand for the catch.  The angle is very steep (about 20 degrees), and tilted slighty away from myself.  Next comes (IMHO) the most important part. Cushion the diabolo as it lands on your left hands index finger just below the knuckle. (If you don't move your hand down with the diabolo to cushion it will just bounce off).  I grind for 1 - 2 secs then throw up and whip catch with my right hand.

I have recorded a video and will put it up here once its processed.

I do outside spinning hand grinds, but have got quite good spin on inside ones.  I never could catch insides and the angle of my hand pointing down didn't feel natural. Experiment and keep trying.  I didn't believe it was possible for my first week of trying, but it is!!!! (even with a thin axle). P.S get some hand cream or summit cos your hand will hurt.  ;)

damiano3

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 01:27:53 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f017nMam0Rc

As promised, as you can see it's quite fast.  Sorry it wasn't zoomed in on the axle, but hope you get the idea.

seán_

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
I find grinds a lot easier if the throw onto the finger is smaller. Set up similar to if you were going to do a RH stick grind, little pop of the diabolo, drop the right hand stick catch on the right index finger (somewhere around the joint herest the nail, a callus soon builds up) to exit either boing the dropped stick up into the left hand and whip or drop the diabolo in or more impressive leave the stick dropped and throw the diabolo onto the string when you do this right the stick will swing around the diabolo, then deal with it.

The most sure fire method however is to exit from a magic knot, there is no need to cushion the catch at all this way and you will have both sticks in one hand still.

Drier hands work the best.

sasha

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
I cant do it unless I use my bearings then its a piece of cake

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 01:36:18 PM »
I'd do a magic knot, place it in between your first and middle nail, then release the magic knot, I think this works the best...(i don't have wide axels either.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

cereal

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 07:22:01 PM »
i also use magic knot and i have a mr babache harlequin with the original axle and it works

diabolo_freak

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »
Hey. What I used to do was get into a normal grind with the right stick then roll the diabolo from that onto your left hand! It loses a bit of spin but it's a good way to get the hang of it. Once you can do it you can get into them from throws or any way you think possible!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal