Author Topic: Double Duicide  (Read 10056 times)

kragen

Double Duicide
« on: March 07, 2005, 12:46:26 PM »
How is it done? :P

I've had a quick go but it just ends up with the sticks separating wildly and flailing in one direction, anyone got any pointers on how relasing it earlier / later affects where it goes?

I cant find any info through google or any other diabolo sites I know either. - Its such a cool trick I really want to learn it :D
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

viiru

Double Duicide
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 12:52:29 PM »
I guess is just about releasing your handsticks at the right time.

Try, try some more and after that, throw your handsticks to the wall and try still a bit more.

One quite helpful thingie is to throw both sticks with one hand. Repeat with left and right several times and you get the point when to release.

In the end, I found duicide rather easy, and somewhat boring trick. Except in combos after whips and stuff
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

Ifrit

Double Duicide
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 02:32:32 PM »
When you say double i assume you mean doing 2 revelations in the duicide right? i which case i can help as i can do a double yet as the sticks loss momentom.

However if you just mean a single duicide then the biggest reminder i can think of is to release in a anti-clockwise direction. For ages i was doing it clockwise which is possible but you end up with a crossed string.

kragen

Double Duicide
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 02:49:52 PM »
yeah I mean the double - the single I have sussed, alhough I dont do it that often and so still mess it up frequently - im working on doing it with the sticks in one hand so I can work it into cooler tricks like whipcatch straight into duocide or under the leg duocide.

Ahem - back to the double.

Yeah - the sticks just separate out and become uncatchable - that if I even manage to get them to spin once in the air.
Justin

martijn

Double Duicide
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »
Quote from: kragen
the single I have sussed, alhough I dont do it that often and so still mess it up frequently

Well, practise the single duicide more often, then! Once you get the duicide steady, it's no harder to just throw the sticks and diab higher for a double duicide.

seán_

Double Duicide
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 03:21:16 PM »
Quote from: kragen
- im working on doing it with the sticks in one hand so I can work it into cooler tricks like whipcatch straight into duocide or under the leg duocide.

One handed is the way I prefer to do duicides, do a casual whip and as it swings back up on the right hand side just let it go out of the back of the hand when your wrist can no longer rotate, seems to be just right for me (admitedly I tend to have to move to the right to catch it :) ). In fact I have to try hard not to automatically not launch a duicide from a whip catch, its a nice way to get the handsticks back into both hands.

A little trick I sometimes play around with (someone else from here does too but I cant remember who) is a duicide while doing leg orbits (diabolo sticks etc. goes around the leg not launched into the air). I haven't got it anywhere near solid but just one of those things I do when I'm in the mood.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Double Duicide
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 09:01:46 PM »
I've tried this trick multiple times with both carbon fibre and aluminum, and with both one stick ends up closer to the diabolo than the other, anyone know how to fix this?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
Double Duicide
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 10:11:53 PM »
The same stick seperation happens when I try this trick. Had a thought of a possible solution, but have not had a chance to put it into practise yet.

Would it be useful to put a half string twist in with your wrist before letting go of the sticks. That way you would be guaranteed that both the diabolo and the sticks would be connected, at least in some way, when the whole mess comes down?

(Perhaps this may also help to keep the diabolo in the middle of the string?)

And if this works the MFP could develop this as an intro to a infinite suicide :wink:
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

shaddow

Double Duicide
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 12:55:13 PM »
I've had some success with double duicides, probably catching them around 40% of the time.  I use a one handed release, and instead of releasing the sticks to the backhanded side, I release to the front. (If you do a regular duicide to the front, you end up with crossed strings.)  I don't throw the diabolo any higher than with a regular duicide, but as I let go of the sticks, I whip them around the diabolo.  The sticks don't separate too much, but of course the trick is trying to catch the handsticks that are flying around extremely fast.

kragen

Double Duicide
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 11:32:23 AM »
hmm, i will have a go at that - the twist on the string would at least keep the diabolo and the string together even if it doesnt make the sticks easier to catch :P
Justin

el_grimley

Double Duicide
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 10:01:30 AM »
try doing duicides where you catch both sticks in none hand (i.e wth the smallest seperation) and then go for the second when you have this nailed

Also single handed releases

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

TimEllis

Double Duicide
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »
Has anyone tried / done / seen a 3 turn duicide?  I've seen a fair amount of videos, but never seen one of these.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

frank0072

Double Duicide
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »
Quote from: The Ska Boss
Has anyone tried / done / seen a 3 turn duicide?  I've seen a fair amount of videos, but never seen one of these.

never seen it, if you are looking for a challenge you should try the "double duicide behind the back catch", that's far more impressive then a triple duicide.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

garner

• VotW Contributor
Double Duicide
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »
i can do duicides with 3 rotations now but as i got told they would down in london last year by mr grant 'they always land in a backside'...i'd say just be careful about high speed sticks hitting your hands

Mithew

Double Duicide
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 12:37:04 AM »
Quote from: garner
i can do duicides with 3 rotations now

same.  i've found that the best way to keep the sticks together and get lots of rotation is to swing the diabolo upwards, and then pull down (pretty hard) on both sticks before you release the handsticks.  That idea of duicide into infinite suicides sounds cool Ronnie.  I wonder if a duicide would work with a wrap on the diabolo (can't think why it wouldn't except that my string is really sticky and the sticks might have issues rotating around the diabolo because of that).
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

JyNo

Double Duicide
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 02:12:24 AM »
Quote from: Martijn
... just throw the sticks and diab higher for a double duicide.

lol I tried this only once and my diabs and sticks ended up on a pool.... gess I threw them too high and out of control. I'll wait for them to get dry and then try again  :D

nicoli

Double Duicide
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »
can anyone do a low double duicide? ie below standard cieling hight so it can be done indoors. i can get a single duicide and usually a whip duicide without hitting the cieling but i want to learn the double. any tips?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Double Duicide
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
i know that this might be cheating, but when i do a double duicide or even a single duicide i put two or three crosses in the string(this can be one by doing three suns in a row) and then when you throw from one hand you can also catch in one hand! by doing this it makes three rotations much easier also you could do a 360 double duicide and catch in one hand !

tghops

Re: Double Duicide
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »
Doing suns to adds twists makes it much easier.  After trying it I probably caught 50% of the double duicides I tried(before that I was catching about 20% of normal duicides).  Plus the suns can transition easily into a duicide.  Also my personal preference is to do duicides really high in the air, instead of low and fast.  Its harder to catch but way more fun to do.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal