Author Topic: Chinese New Years  (Read 5412 times)

n3mo

Chinese New Years
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:56:03 PM »
This is a chinese new years performance at my local chinese school. just a short one, a sort of teaser for my class =P

[youtube=425,350]BUeLuo-zzG4

one drop, trying to catch an infinite suicide...><

Any suggestions/tips on performance, execution, etc., i'd appreciate. also in terms of video capture, i just got a Canon HV20, cause im performing a piano concerto soon...computer won't take the HD though.

btw, im not sure where i got these tricks from, although i picked them up from random forum/youtube searching. if someone can credit them properly, i'd like to thank them.

edit// ahh juggling.tv has much higher quality.
http://www.juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php?viewkey=5c10e873bf3842afb46a
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Chinese New Years
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:51 PM »
i'm liking those grinds

redchina

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:27:57 AM »
Really sweet, lots of tricks I have never seen before.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »
That was magical! Rock on!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 03:01:05 AM »
I agree with Ben
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

spinnin pig

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »
woah really amazing
your really an amazing diaboloer
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release
sprinkler/sprinkler suicide

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »
Nice performance, the only thing I could suggest is using white carbons instead of your black ones if you can afford it, they look better.

Beni

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:02:50 PM »
Nice performance, the only thing I could suggest is using white carbons instead of your black ones if you can afford it, they look better.

Or failing that use a bit of white tape and make stripey sticks.

Beni

n3mo

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
thanks for the encouragement and tips, guys.

hm. i have been thinking of buying a second pair of carbons (after one of them broke), so i'll see if i can find white ones =D

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »
thanks for the encouragement and tips, guys.

hm. i have been thinking of buying a second pair of carbons (after one of them broke), so i'll see if i can find white ones =D

Get Aluminum Sticks (I suggest MB Xtremes), they're much better, and how is the HV20, I've been wanting one since last June.

On Topic - I liked it, short and sweet ;D Nice grinds!
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

AkatsukiDiabolo

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 03:29:10 AM »
very nice! i like how well it was paired to the music. and your playing style is so much like mine it's scary. except you're probably better than me xD
keep up the good work!

Nahxela

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 02:08:13 AM »
Funky grinds, I think you should make a 2 minute routine just on random grinds with a bearing diab :P

I like carbon fibres over aluminums, any day >_>
Perhaps you ought to try out those Sundia carbons? I've heard they're more durable than the Henry's.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

n3mo

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »
akat: haha dunno how to describe my 'style', if i even have one...but im finding the jazzy sort of beat suits me =]

nah: i should try that one day...i've been trying 2d grinds (like a 2ball thing with 2 diabs instead), to no avail. how would you buy sundia carbons though?

Nahxela

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »
Ah, that's cool, reminds me of what Eric had done in Of Baguettes and Diabolos, when he did a 2D shower on his stick

Perhaps Nev supplies them on diabolomoves.com?
Or perhaps if you go to Taiwan during the summer or something (if you go to Taiwan, around the Taipei area) and go to the actual Sundia Shop, you could pick some up
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

willum89

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »
very nice. That's better than any performance I've put on at my chinese school. I've got more students than I can handle at the moment and don't get paid more if I have more students so I don't really prepare anything for my end of year performance/teaser. I like how all ur kiddos are poking their heads out the side of the stage and watching you in total awe, that's always great.

Regarding your tricks, most of them are new to me and I really don't know what to say about it but, "wow, more 1d tricks for me to learn and teach." Also I find a quick little section of 2d really gets the kids going crazy resulting in, "mommy, I wanna learn that!!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal